COMPLETE -- LV Anniversary Program 2006 -- happy birthday

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie »

a.r.dobbs wrote:I'm suspecting that the trouble I had with uploading the mp3 file has caused these missing bits.
I'm going to get rid of addresses 1 and 3 (since 1 was made using that file) so our next prooflisteners don't have that potentially faulty file.
A
I think you may be right there...I am listening to (I think) the file from gesine's webspace (but it might be kara's...I already forgot which one I downloaded from) :roll: and don't hear any of the issues mentioned. So I assume either a. you fixed them, or b. it's like you said and doesn't affect all 3 uploaded files.
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Wow. What a great thing to wake up to on a Friday morning in Tokyo. Happy birthday, indeed!
Kristen
http://www.mediatinker.com
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/KristenMcQuillin/]My recordings & claimed chapters[/url]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Anita/ Alan would it be possible to put in time stamps on the catalogue page? ie at the end hugh's bit, begining of the snippets, Beginning of bloopers?
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Starlite wrote:Anita/ Alan would it be possible to put in time stamps on the catalogue page? ie at the end hugh's bit, begining of the snippets, Beginning of bloopers?
Absolutely yup! Great minds, we were thinking alike m'dear.
So Starlite/Esther of radar ear reputation, what do you think about the levels? Volume levels work or need some tweaking??
A
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I can't believe I missed the birthday! We had a 13 hour powercut yesterday. Ah well, it may still be the birthday somewhere! Anyway, can't wait to hear this and thanks so much everyone to make this happen.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

It's the Birthday Week! Who can limit such a celebration to a single day? 13 hr without power is a funny beginning to the celebration week, though, I'll grant you that!
A
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Sound levels are great! I say go ahead and catalogue this thing. :D
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Kara, I'm deleting the ever-so-thoughtful prooflistening notes you made on the glitches that weren't in the actual file (just in my ill-fated upload of it)

Thanks folks for the additional credit info!
--Anita
kayray

Post by kayray »

a.r.dobbs wrote:Kara, I'm deleting the ever-so-thoughtful prooflistening notes you made on the glitches that weren't in the actual file (just in my ill-fated upload of it)
Good, good, they only take up room :)

I keep checking the validator to see if it's in there yet! So very eager to post a link on my blog, and everywhere else I can think of.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

About 51:24 on the file, anyone know who's reading from Dr. Doolittle and which chapter? Sounds like Rainer to me -- sound right to you??

Anyone?
kayray

Post by kayray »

a.r.dobbs wrote:About 51:24 on the file, anyone know who's reading from Dr. Doolittle and which chapter? Sounds like Rainer to me -- sound right to you??
Hmm, I don't remember hearing Rainer except for Awful German. Lemme look into that...
Kara
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
kayray

Post by kayray »

This is my guess:

The Seventeenth Chapter - The Ocean Gossips - 00:07:28
[mp3@64kbps - 3.5MB]
[mp3@128kbps - 7.1MB]
[ogg vorbis - 4.2MB]
Read by: Stefan Schmelz

edit -- I just compared -- I'm sure that's Stefan!
Kara
--------
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Thank you thank you, please accept this text bouquet of daisies in token of appreciation.
:D
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

OK in case you hadn't done it, Here is the timestamps for the segments.

00:00 Hugh's interview
14:55 Interviews
40:00 Bloopers
43:03 Anniversary poem
45:29 Snoopers
54:02: Birthday wishes
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

oops, just to be sure ... this is the bit AFTER johng reads tom sawyer ...
about someone being turned into a pirate.

If that is Stefan, is the excerpt BEFORE johng also Stefan? two bits from the same chapter??

No, it's certainly a different reader. Sorry, then the credit should be swapped and it's the First Dr. Doolittle reader who's unidentified. What do you think for this one? British perhaps?