(OPEN) Piano and Song by Friedrich Wieck-neb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello everyone and thank you for all your hard work on this book. I'm sorry I haven't been here much over the last few days. I'm at home today and tomorrow and will try to help with proof listening to things. I'll update later.

All the best,
Sandra..
Janet248

Post by Janet248 »

I plan to re-record my part today. Janet
Janet248

Post by Janet248 »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/neb/piano_and_song_solid_4_wieck.mp3

Mrs. Solid--Chapter 4, 4:37

No plosives I hope and volume better.

Quick, I had better do something again soon before I forget everything I have just learned.

Janet :clap:
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Janet248 wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/neb/piano_and_song_solid_4_wieck.mp3

Mrs. Solid--Chapter 4, 4:37

No plosives I hope and volume better.

Quick, I had better do something again soon before I forget everything I have just learned.

Janet :clap:
Hi Janet

I have PLed your new reading, and again it is word perfect. The plosives have gone. However, the volume was very low and I have amplified the reading for you. Please take a listen to ensure that it sounds as you would like:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/neb/pianoandsong_solid_4_wieck.mp3

As you can hear the recording acquires a certain mechanical boominess when it is amplified aggressively. While the reading in its present state is certainly acceptable, it would be good if you could find a way to record at a higher volume in the future. The more software manipulation one applies to a recording the less one hears the voice behind it.

The reading has been marked PL OK.

Cheers

ALgy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Janet248 »

Sorry the volume was still problematic--I gave it everything I could at my end. I will continue to experiment/investigate. Otherwise, glad it is OK. Thanks for your assistance, Algy.

Janet
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

I'm glad that's all sorted out. Do I need to do anything with the magic window Algy? Thank you for re-uploading and making those adjustments Janet. I hope you'll listen to the book when it's all finished.

Where do we stand with the proof listening at the mo? Do I need to take the narrator's files in hand before we start thinking about editing more chapters together? Also, what's happening with chapter fourteen? Is it PL okay or does David O need to do more things to it?

All the best,
Sandra.
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

I'll take section 6. :)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Hi Sandra

Janet's reading is now PL OK.

There were some issues with chapter 14. David was going to contact the various readers by PM.

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Sandra7 »

Thank you very much Neeru. Welcome to the book!

Thanks for the update Algy. Are you still okay with chapter twelve? I'll Proof listen to the narrator during the week and then we can start to think about the editing malarky again yay!

All the best,
Sandra.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Sandra7 wrote:Thank you very much Neeru. Welcome to the book!

Thanks for the update Algy. Are you still okay with chapter twelve? I'll Proof listen to the narrator during the week and then we can start to think about the editing malarky again yay!

All the best,
Sandra.
I am recording Chapter 12 tonight. It should be uploaded soon.

Chapter 4 should be ready to put together once Kevin reads his little bit.

It's all coming together. This will be fun to listen to (apart from Dominie.....)

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by dlolso21 »

Algy Pug wrote:Hi Sandra

Janet's reading is now PL OK.

There were some issues with chapter 14. David was going to contact the various readers by PM.

Cheers

Algy
Chapter 14 is awaiting the Narrator's stage directions (specific lines/words sent in pm).
Martykrz

Post by Martykrz »

Just got done listening to the rough draft of Chapter 14. What a riot! After things get polished up, it will be great!

This is a great work of literature to be preserved in audio book fashion. Great work everyone, it's a pleasure to be associated with you.

Marty :9:
Hubert63

Post by Hubert63 »

I noticed this shows up in "Orphaned Dramatic Projects/Parts", but it looks like everything is already done.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Hubert,
nice to meet you. Piano and Song isn't in orphened projects but a book I'm co-ordinating is. It's called Psychotherapy. Piano and Song appears at the bottom of my signature, which probably confused you. I hope you'll listen to the book when it's finished.

All the best,
Sandra.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hopefully, I can get Chapter 10 edited together this weekend.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!