COMPLETE: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - AF/tc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kri

Post by kri »

Goodness, looks like this one desperately needs some readers. I'll take a couple chapters that I can probably get done in the next week or two, if you please.

# 12 -- APOLLO'S LYRE
# 13 -- A MASTER-STROKE OF THE TRAP-DOOR LOVER
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Hath1

Post by Hath1 »

I absolutely fell in love with this story after seeing the recent movie based on Andrew Lloyd Webber's adaptation. I would love to help with this reading, but I don't want to commit the time until I finish the reading the chapter of the Prince I've already signed up for.

Also, I have not read the book yet, and I need to do so before reading a part for eternal distribution on the web. Please save me a chapter!!!

-Hath1

P.S.: If anyone performing for this project has not seen the excellent movie, I'd highly recommend it. If you can't rent it for some reason, leave me some way to contact you in this thread, and I will make sure you have the opportunity to see the film (which I really, really enjoyed, but probably isn't as good as the book (they never are, after all, are they?)!!!!)
vee

Post by vee »

Hi kristen! thanks for the help.

Betsie, I got the chapter and sounds good! Thanks

Hath1 - Thanks for stopping by. I think I'm going to bump the completion date back a bit since it doesn't look like we're going to get done in time. So whenever you get a chance I'm sure there will be chapters free!
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
vee

Post by vee »

Yay! Thanks Annie. I really got to step on it, so many more chapters to read :)
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kri

Post by kri »

Chapter 12
http://www.greenkri.com/librivox/ch12_phantom_leroux.mp3
41:07 min. / 37.6 MB

It'll be completed downloading about 5:10pm EST.
vee

Post by vee »

Thanks Kristen. I just downloaded!

Chris
Chris Vee
jameyo

Post by jameyo »

Finally! Chapter 5 is here!

http://jameyo.com/librivox/ch05_phantom_leroux.mp3

The file is 31:04 and 28.5 mb at 128 kbps. I believe I've tagged and recorded everything correctly but, as my first submission into Librivox, I'd appreciate any feedback you have or corrections for me to make.

Sorry for the delay. After I take care of an obligation for A Tale of Two Cities, I might be back for more chapters, if any remain.

Jamey Osborne
http://jameyo.com
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Jamey. Thanks for the file. It sounds great. My wife really like your voice too! She said "ooo, who's the new guy?"

Chris
Chris Vee
jameyo

Post by jameyo »

Ha! Worked on my wife too! 8)

Happy to be the new guy, then! Seriously, glad it sounds ok. My new mic is a little noisy and the radio guy in me hated to hear the pops.

Thanks for the comments. Maybe I can start cranking these chapters out a little more regularly...

Jamey
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

jameyo wrote: My new mic is a little noisy and the radio guy in me hated to hear the pops.
Put your mic to the side of your mouth at a distance of about an inch from your lips. Before you start recording, puff a little air out of both your nose and your mouth and hold your finger on the mic to be sure it's out of the breeze. That'll eliminate about 98% of the pops without sacrificing quality.

Check out the Olympics and watch the announcers wearing headphones. See where their mics are? Put yours in the same place.

From another old radio guy... ;)
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
raynr

Post by raynr »

Here's chapter 13, unexpectedly from me (perhaps), but all the credits go to Kri, I just did the editing.

http://www.bigupload.com/d=3A940E06
(you have first to select the mp3-file and then click on download button - yousendit didn't work)

The file is 21:49 and 20.5 mb.
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
kri

Post by kri »

raynr wrote:Here's chapter 13, unexpectedly from me (perhaps), but all the credits go to Kri, I just did the editing.

http://www.bigupload.com/d=3A940E06
(you have first to select the mp3-file and then click on download button - yousendit didn't work)

The file is 21:49 and 20.5 mb.
Thanks so much Raynr!!
vee

Post by vee »

Thanks Kri/Rayner :) Joint effort. Only a few more chapters to go (if few = a lot :) )
Chris Vee