COMPLETE: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - AF/tc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Marlo. I think the recording sounds great. I just downloaded it.

Thanks!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

I'll take Ch 19 of this if it's still going begging.

Alex
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
peastman

Post by peastman »

marlodianne wrote:This is the 3rd version. Audacity crashed on me *twice*, chucking the entire file both times! The software name is very apropos. :/
Save early, save often? :(

Peter
vee

Post by vee »

Thanks alex. 19 is yours!
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

peastman wrote:
marlodianne wrote:This is the 3rd version. Audacity crashed on me *twice*, chucking the entire file both times! The software name is very apropos. :/

Peter
See, I *do* save often. That's the worst part. When Audacity crashes, it tosses save files. Nothing is safe. Anything open at the moment of crash is flung instantly into the abyss.
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel
kri

Post by kri »

marlodianne wrote:
peastman wrote:

Peter
See, I *do* save often. That's the worst part. When Audacity crashes, it tosses save files. Nothing is safe. Anything open at the moment of crash is flung instantly into the abyss.
Have I said this before? Try doing save as instead of a regular save. You can save a new file each time so that you have your history of changes, or use two files and switch between saving over them. That way you only lose a little bit.
peastman

Post by peastman »

Here's chapter 17:

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WBNEYQVUNGRV1BML4A0PA85SS

Recorded by: Peter Eastman
Time: 13:44

Peter
vee

Post by vee »

I can't download the file right now but I'll mark you done. I should be able to get it on Tuesday

Thanks!

Chris
Chris Vee
peastman

Post by peastman »

I'll take chapter 21 ("Interesting and Instructive Vicissitudes"). It's huge, but not quite as huge as chapter 20. :? How are other people handling footnotes?

Peter
vee

Post by vee »

You've got 21. I read the footnotes somewhat inline. I usually tried to wait until the end of the paragraph so that it wasn't too disruptive to the flow of the sentence.
Chris Vee
peastman

Post by peastman »

vee

Post by vee »

Got it Peter. Thanks so much.

BTW how is everyone else doing? It looks like most of the claimed stuff is done. I'll just need to find more volunteers :)
Chris Vee
jameyo

Post by jameyo »

Running a tad behind. 10's recorded but still needs editing. I'll get the other two out as quick as I can. I have a solo project to start! :wink:
vee

Post by vee »

Not a problem jameyo. I'm not going to start hounding people until we're actually fully subscribed so don't sweat it.

Reminds me, I've got a few recordings to finish myself!
Chris Vee
ciaran.mooney

Post by ciaran.mooney »

Can I claim chapter 22 - The torture chamber?

Warning this is my first recording. Using a rubbish built in laptop mic and audacity.
Ciar�n Mooney
[url=http://www.wibbleh.com/]Wibbleh.com[/url]