COMPLETE: An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde - PL/mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Betsie,

Is Paula still editing for us? It looks as though she's not been around for a while. If not, I could make a start with the acts that are fully recorded.

David
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

As far as I know, Paula is still planning to edit this. She tends to wait until all of the files are complete before she begins. I'll send her an email.

(and I'll email those whose files are still outstanding... there was no response from the PMs I sent).
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Linton

Post by Linton »

Here at last is my recording of Lord Caversham for Act 3

ideal_husband_act3_caversham.wav
20.3MB 4:01

Hopefully I'll be able to get you my contribution for Act 4 within the next few days. I am really sorry that I seem to have been holding the whole project up.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Linton, thank you so much! We understand about real life... so don't worry about it =) I'm glad you're able to finish the role =)
~ Betsie
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*gently nudges Linton*

I did hear from John via email a few weeks ago... he was still planning to record his last bit... perhaps if everyone sends him an email of encouragement? =)
~ Betsie
johngon

Post by johngon »

*rides in from obscurity*

Hello all -

Sorry this took so long... I honestly thought I was finished... wasn't aware there was a whole ACT I didn't record... :P

As far as my long absence goes - I could post all that it entailed... but it would be torrid and boring. Suffice it to say, I didn't get to include Librivox in my life for too long a time.

Here is the link to LORD GORING: Act Four...

http://johngon.com/librivox/ideal_husband_act4_lordgoring.mp3

(file is uploading now - should be finished by 2:30 PST 4.8.07)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Thank you John! We're glad you're back =)
~ Betsie
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Hi, everyone,

I have been trying to get in touch with Betsie six ways from Sunday and can't seem to get through, so I thought I'd post here. Act 1 is almost finished. I'm just missing a few little things:

Vicomte de Nanjac: everything from this point on: "VICOMTE DE NANJAC. May I have the honour of taking you down to supper, Comtesse?" This is right before "LADY BASILDON. [Coldly.] I never take supper, thank you, Vicomte." In other words, Vicomte de Nanjac is missing an entire portion of the act.

Lady Basildon: "But I will come down with you with pleasure." This is in the same dialog right after the first missing Vicomte line.

Narrator: "[Rises hastily and takes his arm.]" This is during Mrs. Marchmont's dialog in which she says, "Thank you, Mr. Montford. I never touch supper."

Once I get those, I'll fine-tune the timing and the volume, and it will be yours!

Paula
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Paul Betsie is on Vacation, but will be back towards the end of the week, maybe weekend, will let her know.

Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
raezel

Post by raezel »

pberinstein wrote: Vicomte de Nanjac: everything from this point on: "VICOMTE DE NANJAC. May I have the honour of taking you down to supper, Comtesse?" This is right before "LADY BASILDON. [Coldly.] I never take supper, thank you, Vicomte." In other words, Vicomte de Nanjac is missing an entire portion of the act.
Hmm, this is strange. I remember I searched throught the document for every line that read Nanjac and I still missed those.. Now my only problem is to find a microphone from somewhere..
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

I looked two or three times, raezel. I hope I didn't make a mistake. Do you want to check your file?
Paula B
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

I forgot to mention that I also need an intro from Caversham--the part where you say the role and your name. I think I have all the others.
Paula B
raezel

Post by raezel »

pberinstein wrote:I looked two or three times, raezel. I hope I didn't make a mistake. Do you want to check your file?
No you didn't make a mistake. The mistake is mine, since it really is missing (I don't even have a recollection of ever reading that sentance before).
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Thanks Raezel =)

I've PMed JemmaBlythe, Alex Foster, and Linton regarding their missing bits... if I don't hear from them in a couple of days, I'll email them too =)
~ Betsie
JemmaBlythe

Post by JemmaBlythe »

Hi Betsie and Paula

Lady Basildon's missing line, "But I will come down with you with pleasure," is linked at http://download.yousendit.com/C5462AD003720E43

Cheers JemmaBlythe