COMPLETE: The Italian by Ann Radcliffe- law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

morrowka wrote:While I'm awaiting completion of Chapter 1 which I've been given for PL'ing, may I also take on the following for PL'ing?
05 05 - Chapter 4 garyday 18.39 PL:NEEDED ·
Of course you may PL this :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi dear Kimberly,
as I see it, pling is not like reading. It's ok, and even blessed, if 2 people pl the same chapter (if both of them have time and as long as the project has no dpl). You can just pl what ever you want and post in the thread (here or elcewhere). And, saying that, of course you may pl chapter 5. Enjoy and good luck. Again, if you have questions, feel free to pm me. You see I answer gladly when I can.
stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
morrowka

Post by morrowka »

I have just proof-listened the following chapter:
05 05 - Chapter 4 garyday 18.39 PL:NEEDED (morrowka to pl) ·
The overall quality of the reading was EXCELLENT. I came across the following minor errors:
1. Approximately 2 minutes into the reading: "examining his countenance": slight hesitation before the word "countenance".
2. Approximately 5 minutes into the reading: "Vivaldi . . . advancing": the word "in" is inserted between the words "Vivaldi" and "advancing". I'm not sure whether or not the word "in" is part of the text that should be there.
3. Approximately 7 minutes into the reading: "so that he could not compare even the . . . air of their heads." hesitation before the word "air".
4. Approximately 8 minutes into the reading: "the features of Scidoni suffered. . ." the letter S in "suffered" is stammered.
5. Approximately 11 minutes into the reading: "that I have been almost compelled" hesitation between the words "have" and "been".
6. approximately 13 minutes into the reading: "threw a brilliance even on his foibles." Slight stammer on the word "threw".
7. Approximately 16 minutes into the reading: "was yet upon his countenance". Slight stammer on the word "upon".

All other aspects of the reading suggested in the listener guide were perfect.
Kimberly Morrow
Metro Kansas City, USA
http://www.facebook.com/morrowka/
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

THanks, Kimberly. Hope you found the chapter interestig. However, I have a question. When you say "hesitation", what do you mean?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
morrowka

Post by morrowka »

Hello Stav:

By "hesitation", I mean that the reader pauses a bit before reading the word, which detracts a bit from the fluidity of the reading. I might say, for example: I went to the . . . store". I unintentionally paused between the words "the" and "store"--a pause of over a second, which is a bit distracting.

Whether or not anything is done about these hesitations is, of course, completely your call. I simply wanted to point out anything I heard that might distract from the reading. This reader did an overall excellent job.
Kimberly Morrow
Metro Kansas City, USA
http://www.facebook.com/morrowka/
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Stav, may I claim section 40 please?
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Nadine! Thank you.
garyday

Post by garyday »

Here we go with Section 5 ready for PL a second time with all amendments made that I could find.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/neb/theitalian_05_radcliffe.mp3
17.0mb
18m 36s
Toby Tyler. Oh Money Money. Deerbrook. The Italian. The Minister's Wooing. The Poetry of South Africa by Alexander Wilmot, The Girls of St. Cyprians. Ladies Whose Bright Eyes.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Nadine, section 40 is all yours.
Thanks for the new version of section 5, David.
Stav.
garyday

Post by garyday »

Hi Please can I claim section 6 and 7?

Gary
Toby Tyler. Oh Money Money. Deerbrook. The Italian. The Minister's Wooing. The Poetry of South Africa by Alexander Wilmot, The Girls of St. Cyprians. Ladies Whose Bright Eyes.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Hello

Here comes section 40 (10:12)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/neb/theitalian_40_radcliffe.mp3

I'm likely to come back when I have cleared some of my claims, this ending made me curious :D
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Gary,
of course, sections 6 and 7 are all yours. Enjoy and good luck.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Nadine,
thank you very much for section 40. Come back when/if you feel like it.
Stav.
garyday

Post by garyday »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, Gary, that was a long one! Thank you. Hope you enjoyed it.