[COMPLETE] The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - AF/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
mlemmons
Posts: 176
Joined: November 10th, 2007, 4:54 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by mlemmons » July 23rd, 2008, 10:11 am

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

http://melissalemmons.blogspot.com/

Kehinde
Posts: 4065
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » July 26th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Thanks Melissa! I'm downloading 14 to spot check. I've also taken a listen to Section 11 and could just find one repeat:

3:41 - repeat 'and I know nothing of - and I know nothing about'

Also, it appears the recording could use about 5 more seconds of silence at end. Great overall!


[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

Kehinde
Posts: 4065
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » July 28th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Section 14- spot checked and is good to go! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 1st, 2008, 2:11 am

I'm cleaning out the old monthly MC folders and have moved the files for this project to the /ce folder. I've changed the listen links accordingly. Any questions, please PM me.

I also found this file: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200710/woman_white_sect37_gmh.mp3
Is this part of this project? If so, can I move it to the /ce folder? There's already another section 37 file there.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

ceastman
Posts: 4212
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » September 1st, 2008, 1:54 pm

Gesine wrote:I'm cleaning out the old monthly MC folders and have moved the files for this project to the /ce folder. I've changed the listen links accordingly. Any questions, please PM me.

I also found this file: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200710/woman_white_sect37_gmh.mp3
Is this part of this project? If so, can I move it to the /ce folder? There's already another section 37 file there.
Hey Gesine!

The current version of section 37 seems complete, so I think we can delete the one you found. (I'm downloading it now just to be safe.) I'll kill it myself shortly.

-Catharine

Bookwyrme
Posts: 8
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 1:22 pm

Post by Bookwyrme » October 17th, 2008, 1:11 pm

I notice it's been a looong time since this was updated. Does that mean dead project, or just that it really takes a long time to read such a long book with so many readers?

ceastman
Posts: 4212
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » October 19th, 2008, 6:19 pm

It's a reflection of a few things - mostly that the BC for the project has had real life interrupt for a while. I've just sent a PM to the person playing Marian asking if she was still interested.

It also takes a long time to complete books! Go check out the Completed Projects thread, and look at the date of the first post, and the post in which it was catalogued (somewhere on the last page). They're generally at least months, if not a year or more.

-Catharine

ceastman
Posts: 4212
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » October 21st, 2008, 9:26 am

Much of Marian Halcombe's part has been re-opened.

-Catharine

RuthieG
Posts: 22021
Joined: April 17th, 2008, 8:41 am
Location: Kent, England
Contact:

Post by RuthieG » October 21st, 2008, 11:23 am

I'm interested in the Marian Halcombe parts, but the text has vanished from wordsaloud.com (domain is up for sale).

(There is a Gutenberg version at http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/583 ) Would it be OK to use this or would there be any variations?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

ceastman
Posts: 4212
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » October 22nd, 2008, 3:57 pm

RuthieG wrote:I'm interested in the Marian Halcombe parts, but the text has vanished from wordsaloud.com (domain is up for sale).

(There is a Gutenberg version at http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/583 ) Would it be OK to use this or would there be any variations?

Ruth
I'll remove the reference to wordsaloud. Sorry they shut down - thanks for pointing it out.

You're signed up for Marian! Enjoy. :)

-Catharine

RuthieG
Posts: 22021
Joined: April 17th, 2008, 8:41 am
Location: Kent, England
Contact:

Post by RuthieG » October 24th, 2008, 1:52 am

Track 12

Upload URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/womaninwhite_12_marianhalcombe_rg.mp3
Duration: 43:20
Size: 39.6MB (41.61MB)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

Bookwyrme
Posts: 8
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 1:22 pm

Post by Bookwyrme » October 24th, 2008, 5:56 pm

ceastman wrote:It's a reflection of a few things - mostly that the BC for the project has had real life interrupt for a while. I've just sent a PM to the person playing Marian asking if she was still interested.

It also takes a long time to complete books! Go check out the Completed Projects thread, and look at the date of the first post, and the post in which it was catalogued (somewhere on the last page). They're generally at least months, if not a year or more.

-Catharine
Thanks. Good to know it's not dead :) Woman in White is one of my favorite books.

ceastman
Posts: 4212
Joined: December 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA

Post by ceastman » October 26th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Woo! Thanks, Ruthie!

-Catharine

RuthieG
Posts: 22021
Joined: April 17th, 2008, 8:41 am
Location: Kent, England
Contact:

Post by RuthieG » October 29th, 2008, 9:47 am

Track 13

Upload URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/womaninwhite_13_marianhalcombe_rg.mp3
Duration: 42:53
Size: 39.2MB (41.17MB)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

RuthieG
Posts: 22021
Joined: April 17th, 2008, 8:41 am
Location: Kent, England
Contact:

Post by RuthieG » October 30th, 2008, 7:25 am

Track 15

Upload URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/womaninwhite_15_marianhalcombe_rg.mp3
Duration: 28:57
Size: 26.5MB

Oh, btw, I shall be re-uploading tracks 12 and 13, because I realised I said Chapter or Part, instead of just plain II and III.
EDIT: Replacement files now uploaded.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

Post Reply