COMPLETE-[HYMNS] Public Domain Hymns - 01 - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

PL'er's note to everyone:

After listening to a couple of sections, I have this suggestion. I'm not necessarily saying that anyone go back and re-record, but let's do it from now on. Leave a good 2-3 seconds between each hymn please. The listener's ear needs those seconds to make the change. I think MaryAnn did this pretty consistently in her Section 9.

Then, to Sam:
I hate to throw a curve here, but I found myself wanting to hear the hymn tune. I realize that this would extend the length of this project, but could we include a good midi file with each? (Some on other sites are horrible). There are sites with the written texts and the tune, but ours uniquely presents the audible text. It'd be nice to include the tune as well. Just askin'!
ofTexas-Susan
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

The PLing notes are up for Sections 1-4 and 9. Very nice reading, everyone. Please see my notes in the MB re: the sound quality of the file for Sec. 4.
ofTexas-Susan
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

HeartofTexas wrote:PL'er's note to everyone:

After listening to a couple of sections, I have this suggestion. I'm not necessarily saying that anyone go back and re-record, but let's do it from now on. Leave a good 2-3 seconds between each hymn please. The listener's ear needs those seconds to make the change. I think MaryAnn did this pretty consistently in her Section 9.

Then, to Sam:
I hate to throw a curve here, but I found myself wanting to hear the hymn tune. I realize that this would extend the length of this project, but could we include a good midi file with each? (Some on other sites are horrible). There are sites with the written texts and the tune, but ours uniquely presents the audible text. It'd be nice to include the tune as well. Just askin'!
Do you mean include the tune as in include a link to the file for each hymn? Each link on the site we're getting the pd hymns from has a midi file of the tune listed for each hymn. However, I'm not sure if the midi files are in the public domain.
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

I meant actually including the midi file with ours, and I meant recording our own midi files--therefore no copyright problem.

They are very easy to do, I believe. You need a good pianist who will play the music accurately into the computer. My husband said he would be willing (if one of his college students helps him get the technology right). We'd have to figure out how to put each separate midi file in, but with our access to all the music students--he teaches at Baylor U School of Music--I'm sure we could get the help.

The thing is--that's a lot of songs. If there's someone else out there profficient in the piano, it'd be terrific to get help! If there's not enough people here, I could probably find some of friends and tug on their arms to help! :hmm:
ofTexas-Susan
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

We're making great progress! Would you like to volunteer to record the final sections:

5 --
7 --
9 --
10 --

Please reply to put your name down for one of these if you'd like.

Thanks!

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

Jubela

Post by Jubela »

Hello, I'd like to volunteer for the fifth part if I may
“what about alpha flight isn't canada mostly woods”
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Jubela wrote:Hello, I'd like to volunteer for the fifth part if I may
Thanks, Jubela! You're down for part five.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Sam,

Can you put me down for sub-section 7?
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

ezwa wrote:Hello Sam,

Can you put me down for sub-section 7?
Thanks Ezwa! You're plugged in.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

Jubela

Post by Jubela »

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Samuel Stinson

Jubela

Post by Jubela »

12:12 I believe
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Sam,

I've renamed the files 1, 4 and 5.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Thanks, Ezwa. A little easier to deal with from my end.
ofTexas-Susan
colman

Post by colman »

It's been awhile since my last recording & I'd like to do sub-section 9.

Colman