COMPLETE: The Mysteries of Udolpho, by Ann Radcliffe - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
iscatel
Posts: 38
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 6:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by iscatel » February 20th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Gesine,

I'll take another, intend to work on it later on the weekend, early next week.

Rick

Kehinde
Posts: 4066
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » February 21st, 2008, 1:55 pm

Section 35- excellent! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » February 22nd, 2008, 3:20 am

iscatel wrote:Gesine,

I'll take another, intend to work on it later on the weekend, early next week.

Rick
Great - do you want to take 22? It's in two parts, but not too long. Save files as 22a and 22b, and say Chapter x part y in your intro/outro. If you'd prefer a single file section, let me know and I'll change it.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

kristiface
Posts: 14
Joined: February 23rd, 2008, 6:54 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by kristiface » February 23rd, 2008, 6:59 am

Hi! I'm new to recording for libriox-- have dl'ded the software, found the text, read the newbie stuff... and would love to pitch in for Udolpho.

I'll take 3 if it's still up for grabs :)

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » February 23rd, 2008, 8:00 am

kristiface wrote:Hi! I'm new to recording for libriox-- have dl'ded the software, found the text, read the newbie stuff... and would love to pitch in for Udolpho.

I'll take 3 if it's still up for grabs :)
Great - welcome to LibriVox! I've signed you up for section 03 (Vol 1, Ch. 3).

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, if this is your first recording, you may want to send (to the LibriVox Uploader - see first post "Transfer of Files") a sample recording of a minute or so, to make sure the sound quality etc is all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

iscatel
Posts: 38
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 6:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by iscatel » February 23rd, 2008, 10:18 pm

Here is section 22a & b

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/mysteries_of_udolpho_22a_radcliffe.mp3
18 minutes 35 seconds

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/mysteries_of_udolpho_22b_radcliffe.mp3
24 minutes 6 seconds

I can do another section next weekend.

Rick

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » February 24th, 2008, 2:35 am

Wonderful, thank you, Rick! Signed you up for 23, another two-parter. :) (please select ge - Gesine as MC in Step 1 - your last one went to jm again [I've changed it])
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

iscatel
Posts: 38
Joined: December 25th, 2006, 6:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by iscatel » February 24th, 2008, 4:39 am

I was a bit confused on that. Obviously I know you've taken over as MC, but the first post giving instructions still says jimowat (but has been modified for the new uploader). It also retains
the "old" disclaimer? Be absent for a bit and all these changes happen ;)

Kehinde
Posts: 4066
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » February 24th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Downloading 22a & 22b-[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

Kehinde
Posts: 4066
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » February 25th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Sections 22a & 22b - excellent! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

kristiface
Posts: 14
Joined: February 23rd, 2008, 6:54 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by kristiface » February 28th, 2008, 12:34 pm

I finished chapter 3 and the editing (for my first time!) went pretty smoothly, I think! I'll get it converted and uploaded this weekend. I would be happy to take on a couple more chapters... maybe sections 04 and 05 (v1 chpts 4-5)?

Kehinde
Posts: 4066
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Location: Philippines :D

Post by Kehinde » February 29th, 2008, 12:27 pm

kristiface wrote:I finished chapter 3 and the editing (for my first time!) went pretty smoothly, I think! I'll get it converted and uploaded this weekend. I would be happy to take on a couple more chapters... maybe sections 04 and 05 (v1 chpts 4-5)?
That sounds wonderful! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing it kristiface!

I've also gone ahead and signed you up for Sections 4 & 5 as requested - hope that's all right Gesine. Image
[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » March 2nd, 2008, 4:23 am

iscatel wrote:I was a bit confused on that. Obviously I know you've taken over as MC, but the first post giving instructions still says jimowat (but has been modified for the new uploader). It also retains
the "old" disclaimer? Be absent for a bit and all these changes happen ;)
Gosh, I was wondering why you did that, but was so sure I'd changed the first post! Thanks for letting me know that I hadn't, and sorry 'bout that! It's done now. - Re 'old' disclaimer - yes, as this is an 'old' project, we'll leave these instructions consistent with the early files that have been submitted. On my very oldest project - more than 3 years in working - I've even retained the old lower-case ID3 tags that we had in the very early days of LibriVox... :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » March 2nd, 2008, 4:25 am

Kehinde wrote:
kristiface wrote:I finished chapter 3 and the editing (for my first time!) went pretty smoothly, I think! I'll get it converted and uploaded this weekend. I would be happy to take on a couple more chapters... maybe sections 04 and 05 (v1 chpts 4-5)?
That sounds wonderful! I'm definitely looking forward to hearing it kristiface!

I've also gone ahead and signed you up for Sections 4 & 5 as requested - hope that's all right Gesine. Image
[/size]
That's fine, thanks a lot, though please note that in future:

I'm signing up only single claims - I've put a note in the first post saying that if readers want to record more than one section that's great, but please submit one before claiming the next one.

I've also extended the target completion date to 31 March.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

kristiface
Posts: 14
Joined: February 23rd, 2008, 6:54 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Post by kristiface » March 3rd, 2008, 12:19 pm

Finished http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/mysteries_of_udolpho_03_radcliffe.mp3

You can list me as kristiface in the catalog-- I prefer anonymity ;)
No webpage.
Run time is 00:23.36

Post Reply