[COMPLETE] The Wit and Humor of America, Volume 01 - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 4th, 2010, 4:47 am

philchenevert wrote:NOTE: no ethnic groups or animals were injured in the reading of this poem; although some words were bent out of shape so appallingly that they may never recover. Full disclaimer available upon request. maybe.

:D
:lol:

12, 29, and 39 are posted for PL. I'm glad you had fun with them. :clap: Let me know if any others interest you.
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 4th, 2010, 5:11 am

Sweetlilbirdy wrote:
I heard what you're describing too, but I don't know what to do about it! I was planning on posting on the help forum, but I don't think there's a way I can fix this recording after the fact. I'm willing to record it over again if it's really necessary.
Robin, I think posting for help is a great idea I would hate for the same thing to happen for your longer recordings. I recommend posting in Listeners Wanted. Let them know it starts ~1:30 and what type of mic you are using. FYI: There is also the sound of a door closing in the background.

I took a look at the file in Audacity and you are getting clipped. You may want to lower your microphone input. Under [view, show clipping] this will indicate the areas that really need to be adjusted. Alternatively, I selected the entire piece and amplified -2. That brought the overall volume down to a better level but you are correct that it does nothing for the crackle.

I'm a soft reader and always have to amplify my recording up. Get ahold of Starlite, she is also a loud reader, and great at providing technical assistance. She seems to be very active in Listeners Wanted. :thumbs:
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf » December 4th, 2010, 6:57 am

I owe it to my Hoosier forbears to try the works of James Whitcomb Riley. May I have sections 09, 30, and 32?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 4th, 2010, 7:39 am

NoDecaf wrote:I owe it to my Hoosier forbears to try the works of James Whitcomb Riley. May I have sections 09, 30, and 32?
He is all yours! Enjoy the readings and thank you. :clap:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » December 4th, 2010, 8:12 pm

I would like to claim section 46 please. Why Moles Have hands

Before it was carved, Mount Rushmore was unprecedented.

Zoom Meeting for LVers. Sunday Jan 24, 2 pm central
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 4th, 2010, 9:37 pm

philchenevert wrote:I would like to claim section 46 please. Why Moles Have hands

That sounds fun. Enjoy!

DSayers

Post by DSayers » December 5th, 2010, 3:08 am

I'll take 16, 35, 37, 44, 48 and 50, if I may.

These look like great gems for vocal "stylin'"! Thanks for giving us this project!

I must confess that I'm sad that reecedawg beat me to "The Organ," Section 52. Holy cow, there's a piece of double entendre worthy of Monty Python! Congratulations for picking that plum first ... wow.

-denny
[u][url=http://tinyurl.com/MyLVReadings][color=purple][size=84]Projects Completed & In Progress[/size][/color][/url][/u].

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 5th, 2010, 7:08 am

DSayers wrote:I'll take 16, 35, 37, 44, 48 and 50, if I may.

These look like great gems for vocal "stylin'"! Thanks for giving us this project!

-denny
Denny,
They are all yours and with that we are at 50% assigned! :clap:

I'm very pleased that so many have been interested in the project. Just think there are 10 volumes! Once this one is fully assigned I plan to start the next one. They are just too fun to pass up. Enjoy the readings!

reecedawg

Post by reecedawg » December 5th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Denny-
I'll do my best to do you, and Monty Python, proud!
:wink:
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman

DSayers

Post by DSayers » December 5th, 2010, 7:14 pm

reecedawg wrote:Denny-
I'll do my best to do you, and Monty Python, proud!
:wink:
There you go again in your signature with the "organ majestic" stuff! :wink:

I can see you just won't give it a break! :roll:

-denny
[u][url=http://tinyurl.com/MyLVReadings][color=purple][size=84]Projects Completed & In Progress[/size][/color][/url][/u].

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » December 5th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 6th, 2010, 1:55 am

kayray wrote:section 38, The Feast of the Monkeys
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/witandhumorofamerica01_38_various.mp3 -- 4:27

Fun :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Are there any others which interest you?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 6th, 2010, 11:10 am

Section 5 - 6:36
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/witandhumorofamerica01_05_various.mp3

Section 6 - 0:57
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/witandhumorofamerica01_06_various.mp3

To the PL'er - if you think I should put my emphases in different places in that poem (section 6), please let me know. It was a weird one to read. :wink:
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories
Gospel of Matthew: Matthew, YLT

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 6th, 2010, 2:25 pm

TriciaG wrote:Section 5 - 6:36
Section 6 - 0:57
Thank you for the readings! Please let me know if there are any others that interest you.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 8th, 2010, 6:16 am

philchenevert wrote:Here is section 29 - Anatole Dubois At De Horse Show by Wallace Bruce Amsbary

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/witandhumorofamerica01_29_various.mp3

5:09 minutes of a fun dialect poem.

NOTE: no ethnic groups or animals were injured in the reading of this poem; although some words were bent out of shape so appallingly that they may never recover. Full disclaimer available upon request. maybe.

Phil,
Sections 12, 29 and 39 all PL ok! Your sections were very fun I hope you enjoyed them. :)