COMPLETE [RELIGION] The Everlasting Righteousness - rg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God? by Horatius Bonar (1808 - 1889) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/everlasting-righteousness-by-horatius-bonar/

NB MaryAnn will be completing the recording of this project, so a proof-listener is needed for the final sections :).
How does salvation work? How does a righteous God declare an unrighteous person to be righteous in His sight? In this comprehensive and devotional study of justification by faith alone in the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, Horatius Bonar answers these questions in a clear and wonderful way. Bonar has been called the prince of Scottish hymn writers. Quoting one of the 600 hymns he wrote, here is "righteous peace securely made" (Summary by Jay Reader)
  • Target completion date: 2013-Mar-01
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://archive.org/details/everlastingrigh00bonagoog
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatius_Bonar
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): None
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 11
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: yes
    • Original publication date (if known): 1873
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Jay Reader
      Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: [http://www.chapellibrary.org]

Genres for the project:
    religion

Keywords that describe the book:
    Christ; justification; assurance; faith; Calvinism; reformed;
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God?. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God?, by Horatius Bonar [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God? by Horatius Bonar. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God? , by Horatius Bonar. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    everlastingrighteousness_##_bonar.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. everlastingrighteousness_01_bonar.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Horatius Bonar
    Album: The Everlasting Righteousness, or How Shall Man Be Just with God?

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ruthieg - RuthieG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by JayReader on December 24th, 2012, 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die, I stake my whole eternity"
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hello Jay

I would suggest using http://archive.org/details/everlastingrigh00bonagoog as your source, as the Google books link only seems to work for people in the US. I don't know, however, if it is the same edition.

Do make sure, when you come to record, that you have your volume right. The input volume on your test recording was perfect, but I see that it was much too high in your first real recording. It's important to ensure that it is corrected before recording, as clipping cannot be cured. Voice distortion is caused by the voice signal being cut off (clipped) if the volume exceeds the maximum possible in digital recording.

I will MC this if you decide to use a source text that I can access, otherwise just wait a little while until a US MC comes along. Let me know.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jay,
Would you like me to DPL this for you?
MaryAnn
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

All set up for you, Jay. I have added MaryAnn as your DPL (dedicated proof-listener, who will listen to all the files). We're very lucky to have her, as she is a very experienced DPL and will be most helpful to you. :)

I have PMed you a temporary user name and password for the Magic Window. I have input the first few titles, and you can do the rest. If you want to change them, that's fine, but please retain the leading 2-digit number, as some players use the track title to sort tracks.

When you have seen this, I will move the thread to Going Solo.

Any questions, just ask! :)

Ruth
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

Thanks all!
"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die, I stake my whole eternity"
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jay PM'd me the link to the first section. I've posted in the MW. Dropped a note to Jay with instructions on how to post there directly for future sections.

MaryAnn
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Are you having problems using the Magic Window, Jay? Did you see my PM?

Ruth
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

Hello Ruth,

I am doing ok, I think.

Next time I will update the Magic Window first with a link to the new upload, and use this posting place to ask for a PL, so you can keep track of what is going on. Got it!

Thank you, I did see your instructions.

Mary Anne said she would give it a listen, (and she is the one who updated the MW).

Your friend climbing the curve,

Jay
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jay,
Excellent reading.

For standard PLing, it's PL OK. You mentioned some small errors, but I didn't hear anything that made me go "huh?", so it's fine under the "standard" PL standard. If we were doing "word perfect", then I would cross check your reading to the text and let you know every nit.

My only comment is on the table of contents. People don't usually read those. If you want to leave it in, that's fine - because it gives a map of where the book is going. But you could also cut it out if that is your preference.

Things will get faster as you move through the learning curve. You sounded relaxed when you read - so if your were not, good job at the coverup!

When you ran the file through Auphonics, what volume did you select? I've been using -18 LUFS and it is returning my files a bit above 89. Not sure what others are using. Your file came out at 93.2 when I ran it through MP3Gain, which is a bit high.

MaryAnn
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

Hello MaryAnn,

Wow, I did not select anything on Auphonics; I just let it have its way for the most part. It could have defaulted too high. Will take note of the -18.

Thanks for the PL! I think I will let it be.

Jay
Last edited by JayReader on December 28th, 2012, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jay,
If you continue to use the default settings on Auphonics, your files should all have a consistent volume.

I do very little to my files other than editing out the mistakes, and it takes me about double the finished time to get the file ready. You'll get faster as you go and get the routine down - and some days I can't read a sentence without a mistake, and some days I can read a whole paragraph. For me it's good to have read a bit ahead so that when I have one of those stinky days reading wise, I can work on editing yesterday's file.

We're considering Arches - will talk more when we get to St. Louis tonight and try to give you an answer so you can plan.

Thanks!

MaryAnn
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

Have a safe trip Maryann, and thank you.

Ruth, I was able to get into the MW and do some things, thank you.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

JayReader wrote:Ruth, I was able to get into the MW and do some things, thank you.
Excellent! :thumbs:

Ruth
JayReader

Post by JayReader »

Hello Ruth,

I have uploaded and posted Chapter One.

MarryAnn,

You were right, the setting was not -18 LUFS on the Preface. It defaulted to the higher one, but I see the setting now.

It is correct on this one, and the volume is lower, about 91 or so I think.

Thank you Both,

Jay
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jay,
On section 01 - you start with prolog to chapter 1, and end with end of chapter 2. Please correct the outro. Otherwise, it was great!

MaryAnn