COMPLETE [RELIGION] The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer (1897-1963) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-pursuit-of-god-by-aiden-wilson-tozer/
"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God." This thirst for an intimate relationship with God, claims A.W. Tozer, is not for a select few, but should be the experience of every follower of Christ. But, he asserts, it is all too rare when believers have become conditioned by tradition to accept standards of mediocrity, and the church struggles with formality and worldliness. Using examples from Scripture and from the lives of saints who lived with this thirst for God, Tozer sheds light on the path to a closer walk with God. (Summary by D. Leeson)
  • Target completion date:January 1, 2011
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/25141
  • Type of proof-listening required:Word Perfect Proof Listening- Proof-listening against the text
    -- While listening, follow the online text and note any differences (with the time).
    -- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
    -- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
    -- Are there any repeats, or serious stumbles that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
    -- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
    -- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
    -- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
    -- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

===========================================
    MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Pursuit of God. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer. [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of A.W. Tozer. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer. [Chapter]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer."
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    pursuitofgod_##_tozer.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Author name
    Album: Book title
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by NoDecaf on May 19th, 2011, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Oh Boy. I did not know you were wanting to replace the existing Introduction. We should have set this up as a new project instead of using the old one. :hmm: I will have to see about doing that; gonna take a minor bit of fiddling. Just keep going and I will figure it out; I have saved the original Introduction file with a new name so it won't get lost.
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

bperiwinkle

Post by bperiwinkle »

I appreciate you recording this and you are doing a great job.
Godspeed.
bp :D
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Ok, I think I have this properly set up as a different solo project. I have posted a note in the old one directing people here and then will move the old one to Abandoned after a while.
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

MaryAnn,

I can't remember if I carried over that "PL OK" on section 00 from the other project. If you did not put it there, please ignore it.
Barry
My Recordings
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

No, it's mine. I've PL'ed the intro on both projects, so I snuck into the window this morning and marked it.
M.A.
NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

NoDecaf

Post by NoDecaf »

NoDecaf