COMPLETE: [DRAMA] Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I don't want to set the cat among the pigeons, but Shaw didn't die until 1950, so shouldn't there be a warning in the first post for death+70 countries? (grrr... and I really fancied the Mrs Higgins part) :D

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

You're perfectly right, Ruth. This project was started way before we did that. I'll change the first post now.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

OK, first post is updated with the template currently used.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Just heard back from Alex - he'll complete Higgins by 25 January! YAY!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Thanks for the heads up Gesine! Would love to help DPL. Image

ps. Oh and I'll be listening in the US.
[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Tried to listen to available files but encountered some problems indicated below.

Also noticed that some of the files have their intros (i.e [Role, read by [your name]) and endings present; others are missing them. Not sure if all of them ought to have them or not or only have the intros present but I've indicated those that are missing below.

In addition, wasn't sure if the 5 seconds of silence at end still applies to the project. Do let me know- I can re-listen again as some of the files did have the 5 seconds and others didn't.

Section 01
Introduction - missing 'End of introduction'

Act 1 - missing 'End of narration for Act 1'

Act 2 - 0.5 repeat 'Act - Act 2' longish pause present between 0.01-0.04
5.52 - repeat 'and - and sits down'

Act 3 - could use about 4 more seconds of silence at end

Act 4 - OK

Act 5 - could use about 4 more seconds of silence at end

Conclusion - problems playing file-- file format not supported- ends in .wav

Section 2 - no ending indicated on file

Section 3 - no ending indicated on file

Section 4 - No intro present- file a little on the soft side? no ending present

Section 5 - No intro or ending present

Section 7 - difficulty in listening to Acts 1-7 different file format ending in .mac

Section 9 - no intro nor ending

Section 10 - had difficulty downloading file - could not be listened to

Section 11
Act 2 - had difficulty downloading file - could not be listened to
Act 5 had difficulty downloading file - could not be listened to

Section 13 - no intro, nor ending

[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Kehinde, thank you - this is very helpful. 'Normal' rules don't apply because all the files are going to be edited together to make up the final file - one per act. So seconds at the end are irrelevant. - Will look into these files soon.

Just heard back from asy, she'll record Mrs Higgins by Sunday or she'll tell us then that she couldn't get it done and we'll find someone else. So for now, that's all roles accounted for once more!
alexfoster

Post by alexfoster »

OK, all done. An hour's pleasant work I've been putting off for nearly 3 years!

Files uploaded to uploader as I've run out of space. I waited for ages, but it didn't give me an URL?

More than happy to make corrections etc, just email me. In particular if the "aaawooohs" etc don't work (because they'll need one of us to listen to the other person doing it) then will happily redo.

Just listened to Peter's edit of Act I - doesn't it sound good!
[url]http://www.alexfoster.me.uk[/url]
Work in progress: [url=http://www.alexfoster.me.uk/podcasting]here[/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

alexfoster wrote:OK, all done. An hour's pleasant work I've been putting off for nearly 3 years!

Files uploaded to uploader as I've run out of space. I waited for ages, but it didn't give me an URL?

More than happy to make corrections etc, just email me. In particular if the "aaawooohs" etc don't work (because they'll need one of us to listen to the other person doing it) then will happily redo.

Just listened to Peter's edit of Act I - doesn't it sound good!
Thank you, Alex! This is good news indeed. I've renamed the files and shoved them into Anita's folder with the other ones - see updated Magic Window.

In fact, I'm going to re-name all files to follow this scheme:

pygmalion_act#_role.wav so editors can identify files that belong to the same act more easily.

I've heard from asy, Mrs Higgins is recorded, she still needs to edit. Leaves us with Eliza - have PM'd Kristin once more.
asy

Post by asy »

Took me a while to get audacity running again, it was missing some LAME file or something, as I've had serious computer disasters last year (hence my absence) and it all had to be reformatted, so I lost everything...

Anyway, it's done now, and I had a BALL :)

I do so love this character!

Anyway, here are the files:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/pygmalion_mrshiggins_act3.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/pygmalion_mrshiggins_act5.mp3

Hope they're OK!!!

Larysa...
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

asy wrote:Took me a while to get audacity running again, it was missing some LAME file or something, as I've had serious computer disasters last year (hence my absence) and it all had to be reformatted, so I lost everything...

Anyway, it's done now, and I had a BALL :)

I do so love this character!

Anyway, here are the files:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/pygmalion_mrshiggins_act3.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/pygmalion_mrshiggins_act5.mp3

Hope they're OK!!!

Larysa...
Fab, thank you!

Had a message from Kristin, she's hoping to do Act 2 for Liza tomorrow.
asy

Post by asy »

Coooooooool, so we're nearly all recorded?!

Fabulous!!!

Now I gotta go work on my Merchant of Venice... :)

Larysa.
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

asy wrote:Coooooooool, so we're nearly all recorded?!

Fabulous!!!

Now I gotta go work on my Merchant of Venice... :)

Larysa.
Yup, almost all done! Thank you.
kristin

Post by kristin »

Alright, here it is:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/pygmalion_act2_liza.wav

I did have to use a different mic than I used for the others. I have no idea where the other mic is so it will sound different but this mic sounds better at least.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yay! This is so great. Thank you, we're all done!