[COMPLETE] Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare - PL/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ua

Post by Ua » June 27th, 2007, 8:27 pm

Most of the files are mp3s, so that is fine, unless wavs are easier for you. I can handle either and easily convert them to mp3 here, if it saves you some time.
Oh, it's no matter as far as time (the mp3s take a bit of time to convert, but the wav files take a lot longer to upload); I only asked because I remembered David wanting the original .wav files for Romeo & Juliet, for the sake of quality. No problem. I went ahead and uploaded them in mp3 format.

I looked at the first post just now, and realized that I must have been really tired when I looked at it the first time. I'm afraid I saved my files according to scene, and not just act, and I've got a little "spacer" sound between each speaking part, as opposed to between scenes. Oops! I'll be happy to reformat things if it's too annoying :)

Ua

Post by Ua » June 27th, 2007, 8:31 pm

. . .all that, and I forgot to link to the files. Here they are:

Intro
Act I Scene I
Act I Scene IV
Act II Scene IV
Act V Scene I

-Joshua

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » June 28th, 2007, 6:01 am

Ua wrote:. . .all that, and I forgot to link to the files. Here they are:

Intro
Act I Scene I
Act I Scene IV
Act II Scene IV
Act V Scene I

-Joshua
Wonderful!!
I'm proof listening to them now, and they sound great! I'll let you know if there are any changes!

Thank you for getting these done so quickly!!

Christie
Christie Nowak

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » June 28th, 2007, 9:41 am

Xrystabelle wrote:
Ua wrote:. . .all that, and I forgot to link to the files. Here they are:

Act I Scene I

-Joshua
Wonderful!!
I'm proof listening to them now, and they sound great! I'll let you know if there are any changes!

Thank you for getting these done so quickly!!

Christie
Hi there, Josua. there seems to be a line missing from Act 1 Scene 1. It's "How now! what news from her?"

Could you record that and let me know when it's available? Thanks!!

Otherwise, things are great. You're Duke is wonderful!

Christie
Christie Nowak

Ua

Post by Ua » June 28th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Ahh, yes. . .*ahem*. . .of course! I just wanted to see if anyone would notice if I skipped that line! :? Sorry 'bout that. I think my lack of sleep of late is becoming more and more apparent — my eye must have caught "VALENTINE" just above it and disregarded it as his line or something. Nice catch!

I've recorded the line and amended the original file, so any future download of it will have it included. If you want just that line, I've got it saved by itself as well at:
http://www.joshandanna.com/librivox/twelfnight_duke_hownow.mp3

Thanks Christie -- you're doing a super job of BCing, btw!

gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl » June 28th, 2007, 7:00 pm

But you have such a great excuse for missing sleep that I think everyone will forgive you! :D
Karen S.

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » June 28th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Ua wrote:Ahh, yes. . .*ahem*. . .of course! I just wanted to see if anyone would notice if I skipped that line! :?

Thanks Christie -- you're doing a super job of BCing, btw!
Ah, ha!!! I get it! You were just making sure I was paying attention! :wink:

Thanks for keeping me honest!! :lol:
and thanls for the file. It was all I needed to finish Act 1 Scene 1. Except for a couple of intriductions for the dramatis personae, I'll be able to get a link for that one up for people to listen to. Course, then we'll REALLY see if I'm paying attention!!

Christie
Christie Nowak

Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain » July 1st, 2007, 11:34 am

The Antonio portion of the Dramatis Personae:
http://librivox.paintedricecakes.org/12thnight/antonio_intro_add.mp3

Best of positive wishes for continued and complete success!
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » July 1st, 2007, 3:48 pm

many thanks!!

Christie
Christie Nowak

ceastman

Post by ceastman » July 4th, 2007, 1:18 pm

I will be away without net access Thurs 7/5 through Sun 7/8. I'll check in again on Monday!

-Catharine

rlowalrus

Post by rlowalrus » July 20th, 2007, 7:03 am

ok. I am TERRIBLY sorry this has taken so long :oops: My computer simply refused to cooperate.

Here are the links to my sound files. I think they're all in the right format etc. Please tell me if they are not.

http://rlowalrus.sitesled.com/twelfthnight_Sebastian_act2_shakespeare.mp3
http://rlowalrus.sitesled.com/twelfthnight_Sebastian_act3_shakespeare.mp3
http://rlowalrus.sitesled.com/twelfthnight_Sebastian_act4_shakespeare.mp3
http://rlowalrus.sitesled.com/twelfthnight_Sebastian_act5_shakespeare.mp3
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who does not take pleasure in a good novel must be intolerably stupid!"--Jane Austen

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » August 8th, 2007, 8:05 am

rlowalrus wrote:ok. I am TERRIBLY sorry this has taken so long :oops: My computer simply refused to cooperate.

Here are the links to my sound files. I think they're all in the right format etc. Please tell me if they are not.
No problem, no problem. I was out for a bit myself with a cold. I'm downloading the files now, and will check them out as soon as I can. The file format is fine. No worries!

Thanks for taking on the part!!

Christie
Christie Nowak

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » August 8th, 2007, 8:11 am

rlowalrus wrote:
Here are the links to my sound files.
Could I get on e more thing? We need an audio file from everyone for the list of "DRAMATIS PERSONAE." The file should include your part, as well as your name, as listed in the "DRAMATIS PERSONAE" list. For instance, "SEBASTIAN, brother to Viola, performed by [your name here]." File name can be formated twelfthnight_sebastian_intro.mp3.

Thanks!
Christie
Christie Nowak

Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle » August 22nd, 2007, 6:42 pm

Hi all.

If anyone is interested in doing some proof listening, I've put some links in the magic window. These aren't necessarily the final files, so they are still seperated by scene. The final files will be grouped by act.

For three of the scenes (1.2, 1.3, and 1.4) each have two possible files. One is just dialogue, pieced together. the second contains some sound effects from pdsounds.org that reflect the setting of each scene. I wasn't sure if that is okay to include here, or not. though I remember someone (earthcalling?) had referred to doing that with some of his files.

Anyway, the point of having both is to find out what people think of the one with effects. Is it too distracting? Does it help create ambience? Should they be dropped altogether? Should they be edited?

So, anyone who wants to see how this project is proceeding, give them a listen, and leave me some comments.

Christie
Christie Nowak

Gesine

Post by Gesine » August 23rd, 2007, 12:27 am

Christie, here is the 'End of Act x' recording, as requested. It's wav but needs to be noise-cleaned, I think.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200708/twelfthnight_narrator-endofacts.wav
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein