[COMPLETE] Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare - PL/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Just wanted to check in and make sure that you don't need anything else from me as proof-listener. My baby is due in less than 2 weeks so if you need anything now's the time to ask! :)
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

gloriana wrote:Just wanted to check in and make sure that you don't need anything else from me as proof-listener. My baby is due in less than 2 weeks so if you need anything now's the time to ask! :)
I don't have anything ready at the moment, but I'm close. I'll do what I can to have the last scenes up this weekend, if that's okay with you! (If not, just let me know; please don't feel pressured!)

And super congratulations on the baby!!!!

Christie
Christie Nowak
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

I just uploaded two files (Act 2 Scene 3, with a fix for "stoup", and Act 5 Scene 1, complete with all parts). I still need to make one fix in one last file, which I have everything I need for, and will see about doing that right now.

Once these last files are okayed, I plan to go back and hook together all of the scenes for each act into one file (per act), as was originally planned for this project. Sound good?

I will remove the "This is a librivox recording..." pieces from all the scenes, so that it only plays once at the beginning of each act. Should I also remove the "end of scene..." bits, or do you all think those are helpful? Each new scene is introduced by the narrator, so it might be repetitive.

Thanks!!
Christie
Christie Nowak
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

OK, I've listened to the fixed versions of 2.3, 2.4, and 5.1, and they are all PL-OK.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Oh. :shock: Does this mean that it's ready for cataloguing?

-Catharine
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Seems like it would be, right? All the files are PL-OK and so it should be ready to go. Wa-hoo!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I'll PM Christie and make sure; I can't remember whether they were going to get edited together into acts or not.

Also, do we have the rundown of "[Character Name], read by [reader]"s at the top of each file to be catalogued?

-Catharine
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

ceastman wrote:I can't remember whether they were going to get edited together into acts or not.
I think this is a yes:
Xrystabelle wrote:Once these last files are okayed, I plan to go back and hook together all of the scenes for each act into one file (per act), as was originally planned for this project. Sound good?
Karen S.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Yup; she's PM'd me with confirmation. (I have no brain left, obviously.)

-Catharine
db

Post by db »

I PL'd the first part of Twelfth Night and during the first character's speech (the man) there is a very audible fuzz. Consider cleaning it?

Never mind, I realized it was just atmosphere.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

PM'd Christy to see how she's going.

-Cathairne
Robster

Post by Robster »

Hi - I was wondering when the remaining acts of Twelfth Night would be available to listen to/download? I am perfoming the role of Orsino in an outdoor production of Twelfth Night this summer, and I find listening to your recordings a great way of learning lines (I played the Duke of Albany recently in King Lear and used this technigque for learning those lines)
So please - if you could provide the remaining acts, or alternatively act 2 and act 5 that would really be a great help to me. Thanks
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Robster! I'll forward your message to the person who's editing these together. :) Good luck with your play!

-Catharine
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

I REALLY hope they'll be done soon. I'm just stitching together all the scenes into their acts. This doesn't require weeks of work, but it does take a few hours to make sure the volumes aren't all out of whack. Keep checking in here to see when new acts are uploaded.
Christie Nowak
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Which, Robster, you can do easily by clicking on the link down at the bottom right corner of the page that says "Watch this topic". You'll automatically be sent an email whenever a post is made in the thread. :)

-Catharine