COMPLETE [GERMAN] Die Büchse der Pandora - Frank Wedekind

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Martykrz wrote:Hey Algy,

I noticed that ChyAnne was not listed for Kadega's role in the MW, here we gave it a shot anyway: her never having to learn French and my attempt of teaching a language that I don't speak.

Please feel free to tear it asunder.

Marty

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/buchsederpandora_kadega_02.mp3
Thanks Marty and ChyAnne

PL will happen - in due course.

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Seepferdchen »

i would love to do the shy author ( 03) as soon as my one minute test is okay. i was born and live in germany so the language shouldn't be a problem.
"Ich gehe nur die Treppe rauf. Und vielleicht auch wieder runter. Wenn ich darf." (loriot, pappa ante portas)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Seepferdchen wrote:i would love to do the shy author ( 03) as soon as my one minute test is okay. i was born and live in germany so the language shouldn't be a problem.
Danke Seepferdchen

The role of the author is yours. I have also put you down for Section 13 - Journalist Heilmann. She speaks mainly in German but there are also a few bits in French.

Viel Spass!

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Seepferdchen »

great, thank you!

i have a heavy german accent, when i speak french, but for heilmann, it might suffice :)
(she is german, is she?)

how much space do i need to leave between the sentences/paragraphs (hopefully you know what i mean)?
"Ich gehe nur die Treppe rauf. Und vielleicht auch wieder runter. Wenn ich darf." (loriot, pappa ante portas)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Seepferdchen wrote:great, thank you!

i have a heavy german accent, when i speak french, but for heilmann, it might suffice :)
(she is german, is she?)

how much space do i need to leave between the sentences/paragraphs (hopefully you know what i mean)?
I am sure your French will be fine - in fact, it will probably sound a lot more natural than my German accent. And yes, we can assume that Heilmann is German.

A few points for recordings roles:
- Librivox disclaimer is not required - just start your recording by saying "Journalist Heilmann , gelesen von Seepferdchen"
- leave a space of 1 to 2 seconds between each line/set of lines
- upload the raw recording - that is, without noise cleaning or amplification. The editor will attend to these.

As you can see, Act 2 is one wild party. Therefore, feel free to make your reading as colourful as you like.

With regard to the proof listening, if you wanted to check all the German readings in the two plays, that would be much appreciated.
There are also two roles in English in Act 3 of Pandora, which you can check if you would like.

Cheers

Algy Pug
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Seepferdchen »

Algy Pug wrote: With regard to the proof listening, if you wanted to check all the German readings in the two plays, that would be much appreciated.
There are also two roles in English in Act 3 of Pandora, which you can check if you would like.
I would like that. (though i can't prooflisten my own stuff can i?)
but this seems to be a lot of work, and though i will try to do it, i can't promise yet, if i am going to have enough time.
should i just listen, or should i check the tech specs, too?
Seepferdchen

Post by Seepferdchen »

hi

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/buchsederpandora_heilmann_2.mp3

i just recordet heilmann. and there's a tiny problem. i had to play with the volume, because in some parts she becomes really angry and kinda loud. the wave was clipped. i turned the inpt volume down and tried my best to stay continuosly at the same volume but it was really difficult. and theres a slight humming noise.

i hope it's easily repairable. if not, i will try to do it better...i already recorded it more then ten times because of the french parts (so i won't mind doing it again. maybe i just have to read her calmer :( )
my tongue is so not built for french. i stumbled and stuttert like hell, until the nice lady fromthe google translator helped me out :D
Last edited by Seepferdchen on March 28th, 2012, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seepferdchen

Post by Seepferdchen »

and this would be the shy author.

no humming and bad soundproblems here, i hope...

in the credits, i would like to be callled seepferdchen.. more anonym :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/buchsederpandora_autor_prolog.mp3

liebe Grüße

Hanna
Martykrz

Post by Martykrz »

Hi there,

Because ChyAnne's part of Kadega was a challenge, I would appreciate it if someone could PL it sooner rather than later in case any corrections are needed.

Thanks,

Marty
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Martykrz wrote:Hi there,

Because ChyAnne's part of Kadega was a challenge, I would appreciate it if someone could PL it sooner rather than later in case any corrections are needed.

Thanks,

Marty
I will get someone to look at this for you,

Cheers

Algy
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by ChuckW »

Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know that I just launched the English language versions of Frank Wedekind's Lulu plays. If anyone working on this project would like to cross over (or even reprise your role), feel free to volunteer. :)

Thanks!

Earth Spirit - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41201
Pandora's Box - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41202
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

Ich spreche zwar kaum französisch, aber für den Polizisten sollte es noch reichen. Der ist nach dem magischen Fenster noch nicht besetzt.

Or in english: I will try the police man, even I don't really speak french.

Grüße

Grendel B. Lightyear
This is important, because it's from me!
Grendel B. Lightyear
donnawinters400

Post by donnawinters400 »

Hallo:
. Ich bin für kurze Lesungen suchen, ich glaube, ich fand es. Wenn das alles ist Ein Herr Charakter liest, möchte ich diesen Abschnitt behaupten, bitte:Ein Herr: vom Korridor eintretend Au nom de la loi - Madame, vous êtes arrêtée!
Danke!
_____
DW
J_N

Post by J_N »

Bob http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/buchsederpandora_bob_2.mp3 0:45

voilà, mon enregistrement - Hoffe, ich habe keine Zeilen übersehen und keine Aussprachefehler gemacht :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Wupperhippo

Post by Wupperhippo »

Here comes the first part of Rodrigo:

URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/buchsederpandora_rodrigo_1.mp3

Length: 15:32

Cheers,
Jürgen
Always look on the bright side of life!
Wupperhippo ;)