Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan - ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Matt3358

Post by Matt3358 »

Can i take the part of Samuel?

I am playing the role in a school production and would love to do it on here as well
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Matt3358 wrote:Can i take the part of Samuel?

I am playing the role in a school production and would love to do it on here as well
Sure! As this is your first LV recording, could you do us a test recording, just to make sure your technical specs are all correct, please? It can be something like this, or the Weekly Poem, or some other poem for the short poetry collection. Just something short before you launch into the full part.

ETA: Poetry you would submit in the respective thread, the other link you'd post here.

Oh, and how would you like to be credited in the catalog?
Karen S.
Julila

Post by Julila »

Dear Karen,

So sorry to reply this late to your message. Here's the list of characters that you asked: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pop_dramatispersonae.mp3
There was no mention of Frederic in this list, so I added him. The part about me being the narrator was already in my previous recording.

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Thanks, Julie!
Karen S.
radames

Post by radames »

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just started a full time job and getting used to the new busy schedule. I should be able to finish up the dialogue for the Pirate King this weekend.

Thanks,
StephenC
kattygirl2

Post by kattygirl2 »

I saw on the orphaned page that you were in need of some help. Well... I am a soprano and I could do some singing and/or reading for you if you would like. I'm just not sure what part(s) to ask for as I was a little confused by the casting and assignment parts in the magic window lol.

Just let me know if you have anything you'd like me to do.

Thanks,
Kathy
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

All the solo parts have been claimed, but if you'd be interested in recording any of the chorus parts, we'd love to add your voice to them.
Karen S.
kattygirl2

Post by kattygirl2 »

Sure, I would love to do chorus parts... Just let me know which parts (top, middle or low voice part) and how... Please and thank you :)
radames

Post by radames »

Obviously I didn't get to it last weekend. I will try again this weekend! :roll: :D
radames

Post by radames »

Ok, here are the files for the catalogue and the dialogue for act 1 scene 3 for the Pirate King.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pop_a1s3_pirateking_sc.mp3 (68 secs)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pop_catalogue_pirateking_sc.mp3 (9 secs)

Thanks,
StephenC
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Thanks, Stephen!
Karen S.
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

Hi--just checking in to let you know I haven't forgotten about this.

It's taken a little more work than I thought to figure out the logistics of singing as opposed to reading--does anyone have a quick solution to the time-lapse between the music imported into audacity and what is sung into the microphone?--and I've been trying to concentrate on finishing a solo project, but I plan to get more of this recorded before signing up for anything else. :P

Thanks,

bookAngel7 (Edith)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

As long as the singing is in tempo, it doesn't matter if it's a bit behind the music you're singing along to, because we're not using that part, just the voices (in other words, if you've imported the midi track into audacity, it'll need to be deleted before exporting the file to mp3)

If the problem is with multiple voice tracks, it's mainly a question of deleting tiny slivers of silence in front of the singing until the tracks line up. The easiest way, though, would be to save each track as a separate file.

I hope I've understood the question. :)
Karen S.
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

So sorry for the long delay!

It's been a lot more work that I realized to sing as opposed to reading and come out with a good file. (Also, I had several busy weeks and lost track of the time.) :oops:

Anyway, here is what I have for "Climbing Over Rocky Mountain." Somehow, it never sounds so good after I take the music out of the background. :( Let me know what you think. I will re-record if I have to, or hand the part over to someone else if I can't get it right.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/pop_climbing_edith_at.mp3

bookAngel7 (Edith)

P.S. - Don't be thrown off by the long silence at the beginning--that's because I was listening and recording along with the music and there's a very long intro on this one. :)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Thanks! I'll get this edited into that song and let you have a listen. :)
Karen S.