Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan - ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristin

Post by kristin »

Just a clarification on what Catharine wrote: Everyone can still post files for me. She just isn't taking anything complete from me or Feather.
featherheadfop

Post by featherheadfop »

Here we go ... http://violetoulouse.net/files/Librivox/pop_king_pirate_kjb1.mp3

I don't remember whether or not by sherry had distortion, but if it did, here is a new one:
http://violetoulouse.net/files/Librivox/pop_sherry_pirate_kjb1.mp3
featherheadfop

Post by featherheadfop »

Stop ladies (If my trying to sound cranky just sounds like my voice is cracking a lot, I will rerecord it XD)
http://violetoulouse.net/files/Librivox/pop_stopladies_kate_kjb.mp3

http://violetoulouse.net/files/Librivox/pop_wandering_kate_kjb.mp3

(wasn't sure how long that last heart was supposed to go)
Last edited by featherheadfop on August 26th, 2006, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
featherheadfop

Post by featherheadfop »

Aaaand ... I'm still trying to sing How Beautifully Blue The Sky ...

This is what me trying to sing it right now sounds like XD :
http://violetoulouse.net/files/Librivox/blooper_bluethesky.mp3
kristin

Post by kristin »

Feather, sounds great. You've been busy.
Feather wrote:I'm still trying to sing How Beautifully Blue The Sky ...
Well you're doing very well except for the choking thing. :D
By all means keep the begining you have and record the rest separately. It's impossible to make it through that without breathing so take a breath when you need it then go back and start singing from where you stopped. Leave the gaps and I'll edit it together to get the timing right.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

kristin wrote:It's impossible to make it through that without breathing so take a breath when you need it then go back and start singing from where you stopped. Leave the gaps and I'll edit it together to get the timing right.
Out of curiosity, would you *prefer* to have each line separated out from each other in the files we send you? (How beautifully blue the sky (pause) The glass is rising very high (pause) etc) I can do that if you like, but was just figuring on doing my usual trick:

- make MP3 of midi
- stick MP3 into Audacity
- sing along, but only every other line (How beautifully blue the sky (silence) Continue fine I hope it may (silence) etc) (or every other verse - however much I could comfortably do in a breath and keep timing good) and then go back and record the other half

-Catharine, back from vacation - thanks for clarifying the file submission status for everyone!
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

How does one make an mp3 of a midi??
Karen S.
kristin

Post by kristin »

Catharine- My only preference is that the timing is right. However works for you is fine. I'm just giving people the option of doing it this way to make it easier but your way sounds pretty easy too.
kristin

Post by kristin »

gypsygirl wrote:How does one make an mp3 of a midi??
Um... Catharine?
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I'll post them. :)

I use a program called Audio Hijack. You tell it to 'listen' to an application, or a line in, and it'll make a recording (mp3s or some other formats, I forget what) of whatever app you've told it to. (The free version will hijack for 10 minutes, then add white noise to the recording. This is obviously not a problem with 2-3 minute midi files.)

Climbing Over Rocky Mountain

Stop Ladies Pray

Poor Wandering One

What Ought We To Do

These are all versions without extra emphasis to particular choral parts. I can make them if people want. I can also make other mp3s if people want.

-Catharine

EDIT: Links now work. Sorry 'bout that!!!!
Last edited by ceastman on August 30th, 2006, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Ach, was worth a try, but they won't open on my computer. Thanks, though, Catharine.
Karen S.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Ooops. I have two server spaces, I VERY stupidly put up links to the wrong one. Gimme a sec and I'll fix those links..

EDIT: Fixed.

-Catharine
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Ooh, they work! :D
Karen S.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Please excuse a possible faux pas. I believe you have all the people you need, but I'm still too new to the forums to know for certain, and this is one of my favorite musicals. Can anyone please let me know if there are any openings still?

Thanks in advance :)

Simon

I am the very model of a modern general poster
and of new questions you will find I have the most-er
kristin

Post by kristin »

Hi, Simon and welcome. All the major parts are filled however if you would like to sing some of the chorus parts that would be great and most welcome. I'm going to take a guess from your name you are male. I do have a bit of a shortage of males singing the chorus parts. So if you are interested, take a look at the first post in this thread for information on how we are doing things and also at the wiki (which is linked to in the first post.) If you have any questions at all just ask. You can post them here or PM me. :D