COMPLETE: 1 Henry IV by William Shakespeare - law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » February 26th, 2007, 8:06 pm

earthcalling wrote:Good questions, asy.

-- One file per scene, please.
-- File names to show the act and scene number, and character.

Beyond that, it's for the editor to say - and I'm not sure who'll be editing this. (Caet - Notice I'm not assuming that you expected that BCing included editing).

The spoken intros do help the editor make sure the file is what the filename says it is; once that's clear, the intro is deleted.

So I guess that means: yes, an intro helps, but it's not the end of the world if it's missing - as long as the filename is correct.

Caet - That sound OK to you?

David
That sounds perfect. I'm not sure I'll be doing editing for this - I've yet to decide. But so I can begin planning...do you feel that editing should be done per act or per scene? (I ask because you've edited the only, as far as I know, collaborative Shakespearean play yet to be added to LibriVox.)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » February 26th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Caeristhiona wrote:But so I can begin planning...do you feel that editing should be done per act or per scene?
I do it scene by scene, as soon as I have all the files for a scene; then bring the scenes together in an act when all the scenes for an act are edited.

Frexample - http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97880#97880

And here's how I track progress - http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/romeo_and_juliet

I wouldn't mind editing this, but then I don't want to be the only person in LV who edits Shakespeare. (Beware of typecasting! :D ).

If you are considering it, I posted some tips in the Dramatic Works forum. Or we could split the work, or ask for help...

David

asy

Post by asy » February 27th, 2007, 12:34 am

What's involved in editing it?

Just wondering how much work is involved?

asy :D

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » February 27th, 2007, 12:45 am

Is that a budding editor I hear? :D

Basically, you pull together the different parts in a scene, and edit the lines together so they're in sequence. You try and get the gap right between one speaker and the next, so the flow sounds natural (short gaps for quick exchanges, longer for thoughtful pauses, that kind of thing), and if necessary adjust the volume of different speakers so the whole thing is listenable.

To do one scene doesn't take a huge amount of time (several times longer than the length of the scene, of course); but a whole play is a serious commitment.

If we have more than one editor, we'll need to make sure there's a consistent approach - one person doing all the volume adjustments, for example.

David

asy

Post by asy » February 27th, 2007, 4:39 am

If I knew the software better I'd be putting my hand up straight away. I'd love to help out, and it'd give me a better idea of what's involved before I start my Merchant of Venice project.

If you're willing to give me a hand working the software out, I'd be happy to do an act.

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » February 28th, 2007, 10:26 am

asy wrote:If I knew the software better I'd be putting my hand up straight away. I'd love to help out, and it'd give me a better idea of what's involved before I start my Merchant of Venice project.

If you're willing to give me a hand working the software out, I'd be happy to do an act.

I would love to help you with this -- I've edited things like podcasts together before. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole act recorded yet, lol. But I'll let you know when something comes up, yeah?
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

asy

Post by asy » February 28th, 2007, 2:53 pm

Yup, thanks Caet, sounds great!

Looking forward to it (with some trepidation)

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » February 28th, 2007, 11:40 pm

asy wrote:Yup, thanks Caet, sounds great!

Looking forward to it (with some trepidation)

Do not be trepidated. :) It will be fun.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

asy

Post by asy » March 1st, 2007, 8:06 am

Hmmm...

"It'll be fun"...

I suspect I'm gonna need to keep that sentence handy, it may have to be used to remind you that you said it!

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » March 2nd, 2007, 11:03 am

asy wrote:Hmmm...

"It'll be fun"...

I suspect I'm gonna need to keep that sentence handy, it may have to be used to remind you that you said it!

LOL! Am I that transparent? Yes, yes, yes...you will probably have to remind me. :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland

asy

Post by asy » March 14th, 2007, 3:13 pm

How's everyone going with their bits for this one?!

I'm so looking forward to it being listen-to-able!!!

aragorn44

Post by aragorn44 » March 23rd, 2007, 1:57 pm

Do you still have the scenes I did for Hal? That was about a year ago... wow.

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » March 23rd, 2007, 7:58 pm

Actually I don't! Thanks so much for checking. The original BC was unable to finish this one, and he is the only one with the files...none of which ended up sent to me. Would you mind too much re-sending them to me?
-- Jeffrey Rowland

heatherausten

Post by heatherausten » March 25th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Caeristhiona wrote:Actually I don't! Thanks so much for checking. The original BC was unable to finish this one, and he is the only one with the files...none of which ended up sent to me. Would you mind too much re-sending them to me?
I just noticed that my part in this play was marked incomplete. I did record it and still have the part on file. If you need a copy, PM me and I'd be happy to get it to you. :)
~Heather~

Miguelr

Post by Miguelr » March 28th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Hi! I would love to play Owen Glendower!

Thanks!
Miguel