COMPLETE: The beary Velveteen Rabbit - CL/ad-ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

The Catalog Page for The Bears' duet of
The Velveteen Rabbit is at

http://librivox.org/the-velveteen-rabbit-duet-by-margery-williams/

We have a Velveteen Rabbit already catalogued -- a velvety reading by Marlo Dianne
http://librivox.org/the-velveteen-rabbit-by-margery-williams
and so this announces a Second Offering of The Velveteen Rabbit.

It also announces two Firsts
First Mother-Daughter Duet in a LibriVox recording, and the
First Recording by "Barbara Bear" (reading side-by-side with Mama Bear).

Note: The Bears are guarded about their cave and honey bees, so please guess silently. Mama Bears are legendary near precious young (as are the Papas)!

Young Barbara Bear reads the voice of The Rabbit, with velveteen voice and whiskery ethusiasm.*

The package has been specially gift wrapped (with audio "sweetening" from the playroom wizard Stephan), and Kara the Children's Lit Fairy has handed it to earthcalling and a.r.dobbs so that (guided by Gesine) they may catalogue it and transform into Real MCs. :D

If you can't wait for the catalogue, you don't have to, dear LibriVoxer:
The Velveteen Rabbit Duet

*If you listen through to the very, very end, you too may be surprised by the sudden tear in your eye. (I had two in each eye.)
Last edited by a.r.dobbs on July 1st, 2006, 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anita
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Great, looking forward to that! I liked Marlo's reading, it'll be nice to hear another version of it, esp. an unusual one like this! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

oooh! wonderful ... what a great rendition ... that made my morning. now: back to the real world & back to WORK!

thanks to the barbara bears for adding some cheer to the workday.

you guys should check also brad bush & daughter reading Twas the Night Before Christmas!
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie »

This story brings back memories...I have a cartoon version of "The Velveteen Rabbit," that I used to watch alot as a kid... we recorded it off of TV about 20-odd years ago...I still have that tape, actually, and every time I watch it I still get a wee bit misty eyed :oops:

Anyway, this was a very lovely and touching reading. It worked really well as a mother-daughter duet, and the little girl's reading was just so sweet! :D
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

WOW I love this recording! Mother/daughter is so sweet. I love the little one's voice. She reads so well! I hope she will do more for us in the future. Keep up the good work!! :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
thetwobears

Post by thetwobears »

Thanks for all of the support and kind words. Anita is putting the final touches on the cataloguing. The bears will be recording more in the future.

The Night Before Christmas by Brad and his daughter was charming.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Oh my goodness, this is just the sweetest thing imaginable. Both bears read so beautifully... (I'm sorry, I can't type too much, my eyes have misted over in a funny way).

Delightful delightful, thank you both!

D
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

There now, this is officially a completed project. :D

Anita the Real MC (thank you Bears!)
Anita
kayray

Post by kayray »

a.r.dobbs wrote:...and Kara the Children's Lit Fairy has handed it to earthcalling and a.r.dobbs so that (guided by Gesine) they may catalogue it and transform into Real MCs. :D
Aww, you have a real way with words, Anita :)
Beautiful reading, Bears! I hope to hear more from you!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Well done, Anita, and well done, Bears! :)

Anita, there's a little B missing from MB in the ogg vorbis section. Otherwise perfect! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
anna

Post by anna »

O, What GOOD, my compliments to you both. :D