[COMPLETE]Children's Short Works 009 - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mgt
Posts: 130
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Location: Bari, Italy
Contact:

Post by mgt » September 2nd, 2010, 1:07 am

Hi! This is my upload and first contribution to this collection. Is it ok?


http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_themagicfiddle_mgt.mp3
• The Magic Fiddle
• Clifton Johnson (1885-1935)
http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=johnson&book=oak&story=fiddle
• Length: 09:03
• Size: 8,29 MB
• Read by Maria Grazia Tundo - http://digilander.libero.it/mgtundo/

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 2nd, 2010, 2:24 am

All looks good so far - will listen later

Anne

marinetigerusa
Posts: 3
Joined: September 14th, 2010, 7:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by marinetigerusa » September 14th, 2010, 8:20 pm


annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 14th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Only 2 problems -
The file is stereo - we need mono
And the volume is too low - we need waves about the .5 mark.
As there is not much background noise you could just amplify it but it would be better to try and record with higher waves.
Check that the recording program has the microphone on high , and check the settings in the control panel for the microphone.

Nice voice and nice reading :D

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 18th, 2010, 7:12 pm

PL OK :thumbs:

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » September 18th, 2010, 7:13 pm

mgt wrote:Hi! This is my upload and first contribution to this collection. Is it ok?


http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_themagicfiddle_mgt.mp3
• The Magic Fiddle
• Clifton Johnson (1885-1935)
http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=johnson&book=oak&story=fiddle
• Length: 09:03
• Size: 8,29 MB
• Read by Maria Grazia Tundo - http://digilander.libero.it/mgtundo/
Sorry don't seem to have answered you :oops: - Nice Story , nice reading , PL OK :thumbs:

Anne

aidanbrack
Posts: 105
Joined: September 26th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by aidanbrack » October 16th, 2010, 12:12 am

The Lion and the Hare
William Crooke (1848-1923) & W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30635/30635-h/30635-h.htm#Page_130
2:25 minutes and 2.22mb
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_lionandthehare_ab.mp3

* I was not sure how to handle the issue of authorship as the source material was originally by William Crooke and was 'retold' by W. H. D. Rouse. I ended up giving them joint authorship credits but if I need to change this I can edit the file and re-upload.

- Aidan

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 16th, 2010, 1:51 am

Thanks for the story - I will PL it later

I suppose on the example of all those who retell Grimms' tales and get credit - not to mention Disney , I better put Rouse in the catalogue , but I am happy with the finder being credited in the audio file.

Anne

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12167
Joined: November 22nd, 2005, 10:22 am
Location: Britain
Contact:

Post by Cori » October 18th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Not nearly as ominous as the title makes it sound! Hope this is okay, Anne, I shouted it by accident (had the gain up too far on the microphone.) If it sounds a bit off to you, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it. :roll: I couldn't tell if I was being over-anxious, since it's been aaages since my last LV recording.

When Mother Fell Ill by Eleanor H. Porter (1868-1920)
Duration: 13:25
Link: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_whenmotherfellill_cs.mp3
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19336
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 18th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Thanks Cori - I will have a listen later :D

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 18th, 2010, 10:43 pm

aidanbrack wrote:The Lion and the Hare
William Crooke (1848-1923) & W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30635/30635-h/30635-h.htm#Page_130
2:25 minutes and 2.22mb
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_lionandthehare_ab.mp3

* I was not sure how to handle the issue of authorship as the source material was originally by William Crooke and was 'retold' by W. H. D. Rouse. I ended up giving them joint authorship credits but if I need to change this I can edit the file and re-upload.

- Aidan
Nice reading - only problem was a loud thump at 54 secs - on the word part.

You could try cutting it out but that often spoils the timing, or try selecting it and amplifying at -2 till you don't hear it , or just re record that bit - see which sounds best

Anne

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 18th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Cori wrote:Not nearly as ominous as the title makes it sound! Hope this is okay, Anne, I shouted it by accident (had the gain up too far on the microphone.) If it sounds a bit off to you, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it. :roll: I couldn't tell if I was being over-anxious, since it's been aaages since my last LV recording.

When Mother Fell Ill by Eleanor H. Porter (1868-1920)
Duration: 13:25
Link: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_whenmotherfellill_cs.mp3
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19336
Lovely story - I'd forgotten how much I liked her writing as a child, and I certainly had no trouble with the sound quality :D

PL OK :thumbs:

Anne

aidanbrack
Posts: 105
Joined: September 26th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by aidanbrack » October 19th, 2010, 9:41 pm

annise wrote:Nice reading - only problem was a loud thump at 54 secs - on the word part.

You could try cutting it out but that often spoils the timing, or try selecting it and amplifying at -2 till you don't hear it , or just re record that bit - see which sounds best

Anne
Thanks Anne for catching this - I was able to cut the offending phrase and substitute a new recording for it. Hopefully this is okay; the corrected file has been uploaded to:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/childrensshortworks009_lionandthehare_ab.mp3

Aidan

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 33936
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » October 24th, 2010, 10:36 pm

I think it is time to close this collection , it has been running long enough . Just hang on to any more stories - and the next collection will open soon

Anne

Post Reply