[COMPLETE] Sylvie and Bruno Concluded, by Lewis Carroll - ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I have been remiss. I only have one chapter to show for my (eek!) 3-month absence.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/sylviebrunoconcluded_17_carroll.mp3

21:30.

The song is my own composition, which I release into the public domain. The guitar was played by my computer.

Sorry for the long delay! If there aren't any more production-level songs, I still have vague hopes of finishing by the end of the year...

-Catharine
aravis

Post by aravis »

Yay! Downloading! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 17 is great! :D

I absolutely love the song!!!
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Next chapter is up:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/sylviebrunoconcluded_18_carroll.mp3

It's quite short - only 5:25. Whether it's sad or happy depends on your opinion of Arthur.

Also, I put together a first draft of a "music video" of my song. You can see it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsInYYNsVqs&feature=g-upl

-Catharine
aravis

Post by aravis »

Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 18 is great! :D

Off to watch the video.... I really loved the song. I think I listened 2-3 times during PLing.
Edit! ...the video is great!
Elli

ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Oh Em Gee, I have another chapter! With another song, even!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/sylviebrunoconcluded_19_carroll.mp3

In which there's a lot of conversations about animals and religion, and Sylvie and Bruno sing what I tried to make into a slightly sappy-to-modern-ears (but still pretty) and slightly unusual-to-Victorian-ears (but still pretty). The words demand the sappy-ness, and the text demands the prettiness. 28:07.

Sorry I've been absent so long. I had a long period of sore/scratchy throat (like, all of November). I hope to be back more in the swing of things!

-Catharine
aravis

Post by aravis »

Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 19 is great! :D

I love the songs in that chapter!
Elli

ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I have had the most horrible luck with illness. I've had a cold/flu thing with a cough that just lingers... and lingers... and lingers... and keeps me hoarse and unable to do much of anything in terms of recording. :(

Still interested, just unable to record at the moment!

-Catharine
aravis

Post by aravis »

Ugh! Hope it gets better soon! :?
Elli

ceastman

Post by ceastman »

I proof-listened to chapter 20 last night, and found that (due to long interruption between recording the first bit and the rest) I need to re-record the Professor's voice during the first 4 minutes or so, so that it matches the remainder of the chapter. With any kind of luck, I'll have it up later this week.

Gawd, this has been a long project... Only 5 more chapters to go though!

-Catharine
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Posted, finally!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/sylviebrunoconcluded_20_carroll.mp3

Sylvie and Bruno are back in fairyland, yay!

Song fragment my own composition, hereby raised to the public domain.

21:11. Next chapter: the Professor tries to do Science.

-Catharine
aravis

Post by aravis »

Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 20: is a little too quiet. (85dB)
Elli