COMPLETE Hollow Needle... Arsene Lupin, Leblanc - AF/ad

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Anna.

We just finished listening to this marvellous book and found a repeat in chapter 10 (which naughty Anna didn't spot - what *were* you doing, Anna? ;)). I've edited this and am uploading the new file; I'm changing the admin.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
anna

Post by anna »

:oops: :( :oops:
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

anna, you're absolutely magnificent. By teasing you so cruelly, Gesine is proving that she's extremely fond of you -- that's her way. :roll:

Xander has contacted our chapter 5 reader. The apology *has* to go -- absolute LV policy: the LV intro, the text, no extras. The first bit of music might be overlooked, but the second bit is louder and recognizably "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles, very very very distracting. The static is annoying but would also be passable.
Needs edit:
* There is a lot of static noise.
* The reader says after the disclaimer: "I want to apologise in advance for my awful pronounciation of some French words."
* @ 20 minutes 12 sec - 21 minutes 00 music in the background (behind voice)
* @ 25 minutes 02 sec - 26 minutes 12 music in the background (behind voice)
We'll see if the reader will respond and if the passages can be patched. This shows why every project needs a simultaneous proof-listening so that any file that has a problem has a real chance of being fixed before the reader is absorbed in other aspects of the wide world.

Oh, for a league of annas. But then, anna is a league unto herself! (truly, you do the work of a league of volunteers!)

anna's fan,
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Okay... I really want to catalogue Hollow Needle in the March Madness marathon / complete-a-thon, so ...

if anyone out there can really swiftly re-record chapter 5 (30 minutes), I would be ever so grateful ... there are several French names, so a smattering of French is highly appreciated but not absolutely required

if no one can leap into the breach, then ... I imagine we can squeak by with the music problem (though the second instance does detract imho) ...

Anyone? Anyone?
Anita
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Sounds like fun.. I'll do it in the next day or so if I possibly can. :)
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Oh! That would be splendid! One of my favorite Lupin readers!! Yippeee!

Thank you so much, Opheliad! I'd love to catalogue this by the 30th so it can make it into the March Madness complete-a-thon. But we'll wait if we must!
Anita
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Well, it's done; but... :oops: it's not my best work technically :( . Still, I do hope it's ok. I used a different set up on someone else's computer for this chapter and those pesky plosions seem to have surfaced with a vengeance here.

Let me know if they are a real problem. :roll:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHC499UK
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
anna

Post by anna »

I'm downloading chapter 5 :D
anna

Post by anna »

CHAPTER 5 -OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

:D :D :roll: :wink: :)
Xander

Post by Xander »

All done!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! :D :D :P :P
-Xander

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur."

www.zamws.com
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Thanks so much, Opheliad!
Let the catloguing begin!
Anita
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Brilliant!

Anita forgot to post this in all the cataloguing haste:
This completed project is catalogued at
http://librivox.org/hollow-needle-by-maurice-leblanc

This was such a fun story to read; thanks!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Yay, thank you Gesine! indeed, the flurry, the many details of cataloguing this and Relativity simultaneously ...

When March Madness is finished, I hope some of you marvelous mystery readers will join the Greenmantle project, which I'd love to catalogue by the end of April. Extremely sadly, only US, Canadian, and Australian readers are copyright-okayed to read for that project; but very happily, we have some fantastic readers in those regions. Please:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5593

Great work, everyone!!
Anita
Tysto

Post by Tysto »

Looooooving this book. Thanks so much to everyone who participated. However, reading along with the text briefly at one point, I noticed a problem in chapter 6, An Historic Secret.

At 31:54, there is a stray bit. It reads (or, rather, is read):
If Lupin, under the name of Anfredi, rented from M. Valmeras the Chateau de l'Aiguille on the bank of the Creuse; The calculation was just, seeing that, more than two centuries later, M. Beautrelet fell into the trap. And this, Sir, is what I was leading up to in writing this letter. If Lupin, under the name of Anfredi, rented from M. Valmeras the Chateau de l'Aiguille on the bank of the Creuse;
The first part, in red, should merely be deleted to correct the problem.

I also noted a mistake or two in the readings of "Louis XIV" and "Louis XVI" in Chapter 7, but these were incidental mentions of information already revealed.

Tysto