COMPLETE]Psychotherapy by Hugo Münsterberg - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sandra7 wrote:Hello johntkucz,
what a terrible co-ordinator I am! Happy new year to everyone by the way. I'll write to the people who claimed those chapters in the morning and get back to you. It sounds like you've enjoyed reading it and I'm glad.

All the best,
Sandra.
It's not as easy BC ing well as it seems :D
I have gone through and checked the dates that sections were claimed and written them in the notes field in the MW for you.
The policy as written in the first post is that after 2 months , if we have not heard , the sections can be reallocated.

All decisions are up to you as BC - but as this is your first , I'll tell you what I would do - and will accept what you decide.
Applecider23 claimed on the 18th November , so 2 months have not passed but as they were new I would PM them now and see if they needed help, etc
The others are very much older - I would give their sections to John and not bother trying to contact them first.
You get tougher after a while :D

Anne
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Anne,
splendid advice! I've writeen to Applecider and Amicrazy2u. How long do you think I could reasonably wait for answers?

In the mean time Johntkucz, help yourself to the other chapters you asked for. My magic window skills have faided away for the resent so if you could remember the section numbers for now or if Anne or Carl could step in till I'm a bit clearer about all that lark, that would be wonderful.

All the best,
Sandra.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sandra -
I have adjusted the MW as to how long well I always try to make sure I wait over a weekend at least as some people do only visit at weekends - John has 4 sections to go on with so I suppose a bit longer wouldn't hurt. especially as the 2 months is not up for 1 reader.

John - I have allocated 2 4 7 and 16 to you - if that isn't what you wanted please post and we will fix it - thanks for the offer :D

Anne
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Woah! :shock: Wasn't expecting ALL of those dang!! No prob though! :clap:

A few questions/concerns:
Is it okay to record those? Should I wait until next week? (you mean you had waited until last weekend to check)? For some reason this munsterberg (at least 05 and 06) so far is fascinating stuff, but I wouldn't want an upset person to check on the forums to see their recording was given to someone else.

I only offered because saw the target deadline and like this specific piece. Didn't want to disrupt anything.

What's MW?

Sandra7 wrote:Hello johntkucz,
what a terrible co-ordinator I am! Happy new year to everyone by the way. I'll write to the people who claimed those chapters in the morning and get back to you. It sounds like you've enjoyed reading it and I'm glad.

All the best,
Sandra.
also, I definitely disagree with you, Sandra7, on being "terrible co-ordinator". this is a good project with good momentum, imho! I can imagine it challenging to ensure people follow through and do the recordings they chose to do.
  • "everything" site for past 8 years==
  • my tech site (using a pseudynm for reasons I have yet to undersand)-- (I obviously have "name" issues lol!, but love tech)
  • twitter me timbers--
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello again John,
just go for it and record to your heart's content! As long as you update the thread with what you're up to, (you could write sometimes it doesn't always have to just be with your url), you won't be treading on anyone's toes. MW is Magic Window, (the box that says who's assigned what). Thanks for not being too hard on my co-ordinating. In my deffence, the automatic email system hasn't been working for me and I only came into the thread to see if there was anything extra since I was last here and, what do you know, a whole page has slid past without me. I'd like to think I'm back on the ball with this project now though. I think the book's interesting too.

All the best,
Sandra.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi John
It is fine to go ahead - I orphaned the readers who had not posted since last July - so they are yours if you want them - if there are too many just say what you want and I will change the window and we will try to attract other readers.

The PM's were to readers of sections which have not been orphaned

Anne
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Sandra7 wrote:Hello again John,
just go for it and record to your heart's content! As long as you update the thread with what you're up to, (you could write sometimes it doesn't always have to just be with your url), you won't be treading on anyone's toes. MW is Magic Window, (the box that says who's assigned what). Thanks for not being too hard on my co-ordinating. In my deffence, the automatic email system hasn't been working for me and I only came into the thread to see if there was anything extra since I was last here and, what do you know, a whole page has slid past without me. I'd like to think I'm back on the ball with this project now though. I think the book's interesting too.

All the best,
Sandra.
Thanks for the clearance and encouragment!! :!: :idea: :mrgreen:
  • my tech site (using a pseudynm for reasons I have yet to undersand)-- (I obviously have "name" issues lol!, but love tech)
  • twitter me timbers--
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

annise wrote:Hi John
It is fine to go ahead - I orphaned the readers who had not posted since last July - so they are yours if you want them - if there are too many just say what you want and I will change the window and we will try to attract other readers.

The PM's were to readers of sections which have not been orphaned

Anne
Hey Annise,

NICE LOCATION!!! :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: . I was told to go there from multiple source, situations, and people. If/when I get back to aus, will likely check out melbourne.

That said about recordings...
4 is more than I take on simul (or atleast close to the max) because, frankly, I don't like a lot of lot queued up because I'd prefer to have a few queued up for a few weeks tops than to have, for exmaple, tons queued up and not able to get to a few for months. Basically, if I take on a reading I want ot have it completed within a few weeks (for responsibility of project). Sometimes it's longer but that's just a personal protocol (And I think a pretty good one); but it's a personal guideline (that can fluctuate at times).

Anyways,
07 looks spot on Very interesting. Definitely doing that.
04/02 decently interesting
the last one...not certain. Most of this reading has been incredibly sensible and consistently interesting but I usually steer away from religious-based reads (personal dislke). However, not certain the angle that read will have and it might be interesting (plausible considering previous parts of the material).

So yeah, don't want to have the same problem as before (with someone claiming the reads but not uploading/recording) but will do those asap. Thanks.

Finally, and this is not a criticism, but merely an observation...each reading length is 7-8,000 words for this project it seems. Most readings I've seen have been 2-5000 words so these are considerably longer if not at least double the lenght of many other recordings. That could have had something to do possibly with people signing up and not doing them (just a, possibly wayward, theory). that said, I want to avoid doing that (i.e. the reason why another person is doing these other recordings, me in this case, is because people who had signed up didn't do them, I want to avoid doing that myself, obviously!) and am noticing that 4 is a lot, even though much of the reading is incredibly interesting and am looking forward to them.

In short, although 4 7-8000 word recordings seems slightly daunting, okay for now, may drop one or two, but will notify. cheers.
  • twitter me timbers--
amicrazy2u

Post by amicrazy2u »

Hi,

I am still working on section 10 but should be done soon. I know I am past the deadline and am sorry for the delay. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Cindi
“Beware the man of one book.”
St. Thomas Aquinas quotes (Scholastic philosopher and theologian, 1225-1274)
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello,
thanks for the updates John and Cindy. This project is moving again yay!

All the best,
Sandra.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Tamiko, (Applecider) has written to me. The book is moving again. It must be new year feaver.

All the best,
Sandra.
Last edited by Sandra7 on March 12th, 2011, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

Took me forever to get some of these done!!! But, fortunately, very interesting material. jolly good.

34:26
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/psychotherapy_02_munsterberg.mp3

55:11
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/psychotherapy_04_munsterberg.mp3

1:03:00
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/psychotherapy_07_munsterberg.mp3

16 is on its way, just need to edit it. Thanks.
  • twitter me timbers--
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thanks John, the mw is updated now. I'm getting quicker at this lark.

All the best,
Sandra.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

PL for section 2.

Great reading John.

There were a few hesitations and pauses here and there and two in particular that I thought could do with fixing.

22:08 hesitation on "and the microscopist"
31:00 pause after "finds"

These are not life-or-death edits, but they shouldn't be difficult to do.

Cheers,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I have been cleaning out my folder and I have found a couple of files that puzzle me

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/psychotherapy_05_munsterberg.mp3
loaded 17/08/2010 size 36,971,122

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/psychotherapy_05_muensterberg.mp3
loaded 17/1/2011 size 47,282,757

Any ideas as to why - I don't like deleting things that I can't work out :D

Anne