Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Availle wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
Availle wrote:Thanks Chuck for claiming, everything is yours :wink:

Thanks Laurie Anne for pointing me to that post, and for remembering that I will have to pm David about those three documents...

Boy did I have a busy evening :roll: I hope everything will be okay soon!
Oh, so The Fan is a gender-neutral role? Good to know!
It's a fan for a woman, so it's probably a female role. But I think you can play it in a somewhat coquettisch manner (provided you don't have too deep a bass voice), and then it will sound great and add some spice to the whole thing! :mrgreen:
I certainly don't mind vamping it up. Thanks!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

By the way, can I also take Dr. Mulligan (Part III)?

Last one for a little while, I promise. :)
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Dr. Mulligan is for you as well, thanks Chuck!

And I'm looking forward to your fan :wink:

Note, in case you haven't seen this: submission deadline: 1 month!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling

--
AvailleAudio.com
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I'll make it officvial Ava, and claim Section 008 - Private Compton
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

YEAH, thanks David!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

My (first?) seven parts are in. All very important one liners... :wink:

David, please do me a favour and use a color for your PL OK's in the Magic Window! I fear I may overlook stuff in that huge thing once more roles are claimed and everything is black... Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'm not so sure how to say this..."Schorach ani wenowach, benoith Hierushaloim" :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:shock:

Seems like Yiddish or Hebrew to me... Why don't you post over in the "need help" forum? I don't think anyone of us in here really knows how to pronounce this?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Availle wrote::shock:

Seems like Yiddish or Hebrew to me... Why don't you post over in the "need help" forum? I don't think anyone of us in here really knows how to pronounce this?
I tried Forvo and no such luck - couldn't even find it on Google! It only brought me to many instances of it in Circe LOL Bummer deal! I was going to record today LOL I'll post and see what happens :)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

JoFriday21 wrote:

I tried Forvo and no such luck - couldn't even find it on Google! It only brought me to many instances of it in Circe LOL Bummer deal! I was going to record today LOL I'll post and see what happens :)
You could always listen to the other Ulysses audiobook and see how they pronounce it. :) Cheating!
PROJECTS
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Weren't most of the characters supposed to be drunk? That sort of gives you a pass, doesn't it :)

OK, nobody else has claimed it yet (I cannot imagine why not) so I would like The Nannygoat, number 189, please.

I just have to decide if these animals are supposed to sound like animals or like Bloom's drunken interpretation of what they sounded like (since they are saying words, sort of). I think I'll go with "it doesn't really matter." :D

I really will do some human roles eventually...

edited to add:
Also please --
160 The Gasjet
168 The Button

edited again:
Would it be easier for editing purposes to name them circe_part#_role instead of circe_role_part# so everything for each part would sort together? The multi-part roles would be all over the map but there aren't that many of them. Just wondering; I'm not the one having to keep track.
Laurie Anne
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

ChuckW wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:

You could always listen to the other Ulysses audiobook and see how they pronounce it. :) Cheating!
HA! That was such a briliant idea I tracked it down :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

All roles are yours - enjoy! And I want to hear you acting up on the nannygoat especially! :mrgreen:
chocoholic wrote: edited again:
Would it be easier for editing purposes to name them circe_part#_role instead of circe_role_part# so everything for each part would sort together? The multi-part roles would be all over the map but there aren't that many of them. Just wondering; I'm not the one having to keep track.
I think that's a very good idea, especially with such a large project! And the multipart roles will come in one file per part anyway, so that should be okay too.

I'll change the filename in the first post - would you change them in the validator and MW once you did so, please?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

I've got all my lines recorded, but one quick question before I upload:

Dr. Mulligan says the following, "5427 anal, axillary, pectoral and pubic hairs."

Is that read "five-four-two-seven" or "five thousand four hundred twenty seven?" I recorded both, and can include either.
PROJECTS