COMPLETE: World's Best Mystery and Detective Stories, v.3-le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sophiebatin

Post by sophiebatin »

Hi, I'd love to try 6 and 7 but this would be my first recording. Is that okay? Sophie
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

sophiebatin wrote:Hi, I'd love to try 6 and 7 but this would be my first recording. Is that okay? Sophie
Hello, Sophie, and welcome to Librivox

Thank you for your interest in this project. However, since this would be your first recording for Librivox, we suggest you do the 1-minute test ( http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test ), so we can make sure all the technical aspects are ok.

Also, before I can assign you the section, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you'd like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Thanks again!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

We have four orphaned sections now, so we are going back to Readers Wanted.
Leni
=================
jsm95

Post by jsm95 »

Hi, I've never recorded anything before, but I'd love to record sections 6 and 7 if they're still up for grabs...
jsm95

Post by jsm95 »

oh sorry, I just saw that someone else already requested those sections - never mind!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sophie hasn't come back for a week to confirm her claim, or give us the information requested, so I consider the sections are open for claims.
Leni
=================
sheba063071

Post by sheba063071 »

Leni,

I am a newbie and would like to request chapters 13 & 14. I have done the one minute test and uploaded it as well.

:wink:
sheba063071

Post by sheba063071 »

Leni,

When I tried to upload the test I received a pop up window asking for my user ID and password, but when I typed them in they didn't work. I then clicked on cancel and got

"If you have problems with the password for this Uploader, please contact a member of the LibriVox admin team."

What do I do?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, sheba, and thanks for claiming.

As to the uploader, the instructions in the first post say:
[*]Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
http://upload.librivox.org
Those are the id and password needed for the uploader. If you can't see the image, let me know and I will send them to you in a personal message.

Also, before assigning you the sections, I need to know under what name/pseudonym you'd like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to a personal blog or website, if you'd like.

Thanks,
Leni
=================
sheba063071

Post by sheba063071 »

Leni,

It was late last night when I tried to upload. I went to bed about 1:30am and while I was lieing in bed I remembered the password and ID instructions. Makes me look real smart, huh?

Anyway, something has come up and I won't be able to claim the chapters at this time.

Thanks,
Sheba
Kalynda

Post by Kalynda »

Sorry this took me so long! Here's 19 (11:15) ...

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/bestmysterystories3_19_hawthorne.mp3

Cheers,
Kalynda
Il faut cultiver nos jardins.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

That's fine, thanks Kalynda!
Leni
=================
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 19 is great!

CK
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i cannot imagine why no reader comes along for the last two stories, I expect them to be as great as the rest.. I would do it myself if I could find a place anywhere in my house (or the whole city for that matter) where there is no monstrous traffic noise :roll:

and Leni, did you send a message to John about the edits? I suppose he might have forgotten about it.

Let's finish it :D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Carolin!

Yes, I agree... but that has happened to the other volumes in the collection as well. Some poor stories are always left for the end.

I think I sent a PM to John, but I will make sure.

Thanks! :)
Leni
=================