COMPLETE Six Characters in Search of an Author-Pirandello-rg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thank you so much, Denny!

Here's Act 1:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/sixcharactersinsearchauthor_1_pirandello.mp3
(52:23)

Could some kind soul please PL this for me? Doesn't have to be against the text...
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Downloading the file now! I'll get back to you by the end of today!

Betty
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thank you so much, Betty! :9:
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
Ive now PL'ed Act 1
and there's one small line missing (I PL'ed against the text)
At 51:53 missing a Juvenile Lead line. “ And he takes them seriously!

Obviously, it's just as easily OK to keep the file as is. Everything sounds very good!

Betty
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Yes, it does sound good; one minor comment, though ... the laughter does seem to start and stop abruptly, and perhaps a bit close to the previous speech. It might be worth tapering the volume at the ends or, perhaps starting the different laughter tracks at different times. Or possibly lowering the overall volume a bit, so it's more in the background.

... or not, as you choose. I do know how much effort editing a dramatic work is!

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks, y'all. I'll work on fixing both of those things. I can't promise I can make the laughter sound super realistic, though. I've already started/stopped the various tracks at different times to try and give the impression of a large group. So maybe fading in and/or out. We'll see.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 2 is taking me so long to edit. I'm not sure I have the time/energy to do Act 3 as well. Would anyone be able to take that on? Pretty please? *Fluttering eyelashes*.

Should have Act 2 up by the end of the week, I hope, along with a corrected Act 1.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I may regret this, but I can do it. :) I won't get to it before the weekend, though.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

wildemoose wrote:I may regret this, but I can do it. :) I won't get to it before the weekend, though.
I feel a little bad now for being so childish... let me try and do it, okay? You are super nice for offering. You've got your own projects to edit...
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Act 2 is finished apart from a couple of missing lines. Notes to self:

Step daughter missing line @ 3:08

Ah! where did you get this?

Juvenile lead missing line @ 18:55

Where does she come from?

Readers have been PM'd.
Miss Avarice

Post by Miss Avarice »

Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.
- Lady Lazarus, Sylvia Plath
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

No worries - thanks, Miss Avarice! :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Here is Act 2:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/sixcharactersinsearchauthor_2_pirandello.mp3
(45:36)

PL needed. I've left out the missing line for the Juvenile Lead (reader did not respond to PM) b/c it doesn't affect the meaning of the text. If the reader gets back to me I'll add it in.

Just FYI, for anyone who is listening: the laughter and the parts where several people talk at once are composed of several different tracks mixed together. I'm not terribly good at doing this, although I spent quite a long time trying to make it sound good this time. I think this is probably the best I can do. If anyone with more experience wants to play around with these bits to try and make them sound better/more realistic, please feel free! I won't be insulted. :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

And I've played with the volume/spacing on the laughter in Act 1 and reuploaded:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/sixcharactersinsearchauthor_1_pirandello.mp3
(52:23)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

If anyone with more experience wants to play around with these bits to try and make them sound better/more realistic, please feel free! I won't be insulted.
I haven't listened yet, and won't tonight as I realise that it is more morning than night now. :oops:

But I'll have a look tomorrow if you like.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding