[COMPLETE] Nehemiah ASV - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Nehemiah by ASV .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/nehemiah-asv-american-standard-version/
"The Book of Nehemiah, sometimes called the Second Book of Ezra, is a book of the Hebrew Bible. It is historically regarded as a continuation of the Book of Ezra,[1] and the two are frequently taken together as Ezra-Nehemiah. Traditionally, the author of this book is believed to be Nehemiah himself. The date at which the book was written was probably about 431 - 430 BC, when Nehemiah had returned the second time to Jerusalem after his visit to Persia. The book consists of four parts: (1) An account of the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem, and of the register Nehemiah had found of those who had returned from Babylon. Details describe how Nehemiah became governor of Judah[2]; various forms of opposition generated by Sanballat and others; describes earlier return under Zerubbabel[3] (ch. 1-7). (2) An account of the state of religion among the Jews during this time (8-10). (3) Increase of the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the census of the adult male population, and names of the chiefs, together with lists of priests and Levites (11-12:1-26). 4) Dedication of the wall of Jerusalem, the arrangement of the temple officers, and the reforms carried out by Nehemiah (12:27-ch. 13)" (Summary by Wikipedia)
  • Target completion date:
    1 May 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!):
    http://ebible.org/asv/Nehemiah.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required:
    Word-perfect
    MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end
    of each file:

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapters [numbers] of
      Nehemiah - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to find out how you can
      volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Sam Stinson "
    • Say:
      "Nehemiah, American Standard Version. [Chapters]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Nehemiah, American Standard Version."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or
    10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    nehemiah_1_asv.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: 1 - Chapters 01-04
    Artist: American Standard Version
    Album: Nehemiah
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: tg - TriciaG
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/nehemiah_1_asv.mp3 Length: 12:16
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/nehemiah_2_asv.mp3 Length: 11:27
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/nehemiah_3_asv.mp3 Length: 24:10
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/nehemiah_4_asv.mp3 Length: 17:13
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Has Ezwa agreed to be your MC? If not, it's a bit presumptuous to upload to that (or any MC's) folder before they agree to be your MC. :?

Ezwa - if you are NOT MC'ing this, I'll take it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Ricky of Calvary

Post by Ricky of Calvary »

It's been a while since I last read Nehemiah, and this seems like a great opportunity for reacquainting myself with that section of Scripture. So, do you have any objection to me signing on to proof-listen the entire book?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Go for it, Ricky. Are you familiar with the proof-listening guidelines? Here's what to listen for in this project:

Word Perfect Proof Listening- Proof-listening against the text
-- While listening, follow the online text and note any differences (with the time).
-- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
-- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
-- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
-- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
-- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Tricia and Sam,

I find myself only passing by these days. I wouldn't mind MCing but would not be able to set the project in the database before one or two days.

So, if you're happy MCing, Tricia, you're most welcomed to it.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, all set up. Now for a PL'er...

Edit: Oops - I forgot Ricky is going to DPL. I'll add you in, Ricky, and send you instructions.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ricky - are you still planning on PL'ing this?
Ricky of Calvary

Yes. My schedule has been hectic the past two weeks, but things are settling down now. I'm looking forward to doing this.
Ricky of Calvary

Okay, so things weren't settling down- that was just a very temporary lull, and I lost my MP3 player to boot, but things have been working out, so I should be starting this very soon. Just posting to let you know I haven't dropped this. ;)
Ricky of Calvary

And thus I come bearing fruits of repentence. I am greatly sorry, Sam, that I caused you to miss your May 1st deadline. :( I already put these in the notes for the Magic Window, but I'll post them here as well for easier reading (and to alert you that I did them).

And I hope I'm not breaking a rule by double-posting within a few hours of my last post, and flat-out triple-posting entirely.............

For each of the files: the Intro is different from what is present in the first post.
- 00:03 "American Standard Version" is inserted.
- 00:10 the text reads "or to find out". The audio says "and to find out".
- 00:16 the text reads "Nehemiah, American Standard Version, Chapter [number]". The audio merely says "Chapter [number]".
Now, I see nothing wrong with the Intros as they are; it's just that they are different from what was written in the first post, and so I'm pointing that out.

Now...

File 1:

9:15 - The text says "Shallun", but it sounds like you say 'Shallum"

File 2:

9:26 - the text says "Their hands shall be weakened". The audio says "Their hands shall weaken"

File 3:

01:13 - the text reads "that went up out of the captivity". The audio says "that went out of the captivity".

01:42 - the text reads "two thousand a hundred and seventy and two". The audio is slightly unclear here- it sounds like "two thousand eight hundred and seventy and two".

14:23 - the text reads "and gavest them bread". The audio says "and gave them bread".

22:21 - the text reads "for the showbread, and for the continual meal-offering, and for the continual burnt-offering, for the sabbaths". The audio says, "for the showbread, and for the continual burnt-offering, for the sabbaths".

File 4:

04:27 - the text reads "and in Beer-sheba and the towns thereof". The audio says, "and in Beer-sheba and all the towns thereof".

That's all of them. You did a great job with the reading. It was very enjoyable. :)

- Ricky, a slave of the Lord Jesus Christ.
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Ricky,

I'm a bit behind on my work--you didn't cause me to miss the deadline. Thanks again for your tireless assistance! Hopefully, we'll get this finished as soon as possible along with the rest of the ASV OT. :)

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Any progress on the edits? I'd love to see this one in the catalog (and off my MC plate, LOL!)
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

TriciaG wrote:Any progress on the edits? I'd love to see this one in the catalog (and off my MC plate, LOL!)
Tricia,

Now that Isaiah's edits are posted, I'll try to quickly turn to this one. :)

Thanks for your patience!

Sam
Samuel Stinson

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Tricia,

All edits made and files ready to put in the catalogue. Thanks!

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great - thanks!