COMPLETE The Desire of Ages by Ellen White - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Donald

Post by Donald »

The Desire of Ages by Ellen White (1827 - 1915) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-desire-of-ages-by-ellen-g-white/
Ellen Gould White (1827 - 1915) was a prolific Christian writer, authoring 40 books in her lifetime. She was active in the Millerite movement, and was one of the principle founders of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. The Desire of Ages, first published in 1898, tells the story of the life of Jesus Christ in loving detail. It is the third book in her five volume "Conflict of the Ages" series. (Summary by Donald Hines)
  • Target completion date: December 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.ccel.org/ccel/white/desire.titlepage.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ):Word Perfect

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Desire of Ages. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • Say:
      "The Desire of Ages, by Ellen G. White. Chapter [number]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of "The Desire of Ages" by Ellen G. White. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
    • Say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of Chapter [number]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Donald Hines, Alvarado Texas [DATE]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of "The Desire of Ages", by Ellen G. White."
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    desireofages_01_white_128kb.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: 01 - God With Us
    Artist: Ellen White
    Album: The Desire of Ages
    Track: 01
    Year: 1898
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

You're all set, Donald. Please note that I put some spaces on each side of the dash in the Title for the ID3 tags; please include them there and in the section titles in the MW. I have had problems when trying to catalog the project when the spaces are not in there. You don't need to include the Track and Year in the ID3 tags; that is up to you.

Barry :D
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
Donald

Post by Donald »

Thank you VERY much.

First chapter "God With Us" is uploaded. 19:21

Just out of curiosity (Its not like it's important), why do the titles not show up in this magic window?
mim@can

Post by mim@can »

I would like to be the dpl here!

Section 1 Proof listened and all okay

:D Mim
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

The titles are supposed to be entered by you since you are the BC. Have you not done this before? Perhaps your MC did it for you last time. They are entered into the column that says Title in the MW. I have done the first one for you as an example. If you are going to continue doing solo works, this is something you should be doing. Let me know if you have any questions.

Barry :D

EDIT: will put you in mim. :D I will move this to Going Solo after Donald checks in again.
Barry
My Recordings
Donald

Post by Donald »

KiltedDragon wrote:The titles are supposed to be entered by you since you are the BC. Have you not done this before?
Sorry, I phrased my question poorly. I understand that I'm supposed to put in the titles. But the Title COLUMN was not appearing in the magic window after I updated it last night. It was there when editing, but not when viewing.

I didn't go ahead and enter all of the rest of the titles because I was a bit confused as to why the column wasn't there when viewing. But it IS there now. No idea what glitch made it disappear last night. I'll enter the rest of the titles tonight.
mim@can wrote:I would like to be the dpl here!
Thank you VERY much! Good to be working with you again.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Donald wrote:But the Title COLUMN was not appearing in the magic window after I updated it last night. It was there when editing, but not when viewing.
It won't show up on the viewing page unless something is in it; not sure why it is the only column that does that.
Barry
My Recordings
Donald

Post by Donald »

ARGH! I figured out what I did stupid. I didn't hit enter on the Title itself after I entered it. I entered the title, and the rest of the information, and hit enter in the URL field, but not the title field. So I could see the title there on my edit tab, but when I switched over to the view tab, the url and notes were there, but not the title. <sigh> I KNEW better than that. Sorry, sometimes I'm an idiot.

Chapter titles are all in now.
Donald

Post by Donald »

Chapter 2 (8:59) is uploaded. It's a short one!
mim@can

Post by mim@can »

Donald wrote:Chapter 2 (8:59) is uploaded. It's a short one!
Well done! Proof listened and all okay
Donald

Post by Donald »

Chapter 3 (13:13) uploaded. My 11 year old son wanted to help, so he sat behind me and tapped me on the shoulder whenever he noticed a mistake. He caught several!
mim@can

Post by mim@can »

Donald wrote:Chapter 3 (13:13) uploaded. My 11 year old son wanted to help, so he sat behind me and tapped me on the shoulder whenever he noticed a mistake. He caught several!
Proof listened and all okay

You will have to tell your son that he has done a great job of proof listening! :D Maybe some day I will be able to proof listen for him when he does some reading!
Donald

Post by Donald »

Chapter 4 (9:57) uploaded. I felt that chapter 03 sounded a bit strained. So I read this one quieter and then amplified it afterwards. Let me know if it sounds ok.

thanks!
mim@can

Post by mim@can »

Donald wrote:Chapter 4 (9:57) uploaded. I felt that chapter 03 sounded a bit strained. So I read this one quieter and then amplified it afterwards. Let me know if it sounds ok.

thanks!
Proof listened and All okay

Sounds just fine to me! :D
Donald

Post by Donald »

chapter 5 (15:43) uploaded.