COMPLETE - [RELIG] Isaiah ASV - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

This project is complete. All the files can be downloaded from our catalogue: http://librivox.org/isaiah-from-american-standard-version-1007/

Isaiah from the American Standard Version.
"The Book of Isaiah (Hebrew: ספר ישעיה‎) is a book of the Bible traditionally attributed to the Prophet Isaiah, who lived in the second half of the 8th century BC. In the first 39 chapters, Isaiah prophesies doom for a sinful Judah and for all the nations of the world that oppose God. The last 27 chapters prophesy the restoration of the nation of Israel. This section includes the Songs of the Suffering Servant, four separate passages that Christians believe prefigure the coming of Jesus Christ, and which are otherwise traditionally thought to refer to the nation of Israel. This second of the book's two major sections also includes prophecies of a new creation in God's glorious future kingdom." (Summary from Wikipedia)

• Target completion date: 28 March 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://ebible.org/asv/Isaiah.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required: Word-perfect (please provide a copy of the entire sentence for the correction pasted into your PL write-up. Thanks!)

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

MAGIC WINDOW

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapters [numbers] of Isaiah - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to find out how you can volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Sam Stinson"
    • Say: "Isaiah from the American Standard Version. [Chapters numbers]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapters numbers]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Isaiah from the American Standard Version."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or
    10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    isaiah_#_asv.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: # - Chapters ##-##
    Artist: American Standard Version
    Album: Isaiah
Proof-listener: Please provide a copy of the entire sentence for the correction pasted into your PL write-up. Thanks!

I'm finishing the last file and am ready to upload the first six.

=========================================== [list] [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Isaiah
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 7
[*]Does the project have an introduction [y/n]:
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is
author's death + 50 or 70 years):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or
pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like
associated with your name?: [/list]
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

1. 01-08 Length: 29:13
2. 09-18 Length: 31:18
3. 19-28 Length: 33:09
4. 29-39 Length: 42:08
5. 40-48 Length: 41:30
6. 49-58 Length: 34:48
7. 59-66 Length: 29:43
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Sam,

I'll be happy to MC this project.
The MW is up. I've updated it so that you'll just need to add the links to the files when you've uploaded them.
I've changed the filenames' scheme a bit (adding "_asv" at the end).

Have you posted in Listeners Wanted?

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If no one steps forward to DPL, I'll work on this as I can. It won't be very quick, though.

As I download a section to PL, I'll post that I'm doing so. That way the other PL'ers that are beating down the door won't double up on the work. :wink:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thanks, Tricia!

Moving to Going Solo.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

bairchan

Post by bairchan »

I'd like to volunteer to dpl. I can start on it tomorrow.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi bairchan,

You're most welcomed to it. :-)
Ezwa

Boileau

bairchan

Post by bairchan »

5:32 - Isaiah Chapter 2 verse 2 It should be "Jehovah's house shall be established" not "Jehovah's house shall be exalted"
And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Beginning: I don't know if this matters, It says "Chapters 1-8 of Isaiah, American Standard Version" instead of "Chapters 1-8 of Isaiah" and having "Isaiah from the American Standard Version. [Chapters numbers]"
End: I don't know if this matters, In the recording it says "End of Chapter 8" instead of "End of Chapters 1 - 8"
bairchan

Post by bairchan »

0:38 - Isaiah Chapter 9 verse 2 It should be "dwelt in the land" not "dwell in the land"
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

4:20 - Isaiah Chapter 10 verse 3 It should be "shall come from far" not "shall come from afar"
And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far?

6:08 - Isaiah Chapter 10 verse 14 It should be "riches of the peoples" not "riches of the people"
and my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the peoples; and as one gathereth eggs that are forsaken, have I gathered all the earth: and there was none that moved the wing, or that opened the mouth, or chirped.

30:22 - Isaiah Chapter 18 verse 4 It should be "like clear heat" not "like clear harvest"
For thus hath Jehovah said unto me, I will be still, and I will behold in my dwelling-place, like clear heat in sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

Same thing as the last with the beginning and end.
bairchan

Post by bairchan »

8:53 - Isaiah Chapter 22 verse 2 It should be "art full of shoutings" not "are full of shoutings"
O thou that art full of shoutings, a tumultuous city, a joyous town; thy slain are not slain with the sword, neither are they dead in battle.

29:11 - Isaiah Chapter 28 verse 7 It should be "prophet reel with strong drink" not "prophet reel with strong wine"
And even these reel with wine, and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they stagger with strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment

30:47 - Isaiah Chapter 28 verse 16 It should be "for a foundation a stone" not "for a foundation stone"
therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner -stone of sure foundation: he that believeth shall not be in haste.

31:20 - Isaiah Chapter 28 verse 19 It should be "as it passeth through" not "as it passeth though"
As often as it passeth through, it shall take you; for morning by morning shall it pass through, by day and by night: and it shall be nought but terror to understand the message.

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

bairchan, thanks for all of your hard work! Just to let you know, I'm planning to make my corrections when you're completely done with your proof-listening work. Thanks again!

SAm
Samuel Stinson

bairchan

Post by bairchan »

9:43 - Isaiah Chapter 30 verse 25 It should be "streams of waters" not "streams of water"
And there shall be upon every lofty mountain, and upon every high hill, brooks and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

There is not 10 seconds of silence at the end.

It is the longest and it has the least errors that I could find so far.

Correction:
2 and 3 also do not have 10 seconds of silence at the end.

Sam, you're welcome. :) IMHO, you have the harder job.
bairchan

Post by bairchan »

Note: I only put this here because technically that is what it says. However, I am pretty sure this one is a typo and not one of the normal misspellings and bad grammar in this translation.
3:37 - Isaiah Chapter 30 verse 25 It should be "have yet not heard?" not "have ye not heard?"
Have ye not known? have yet not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

19:46 - Isaiah Chapter 43 verse 23 It should be "brought me of thy sheep" not "brought me of thy sleep"
Thou hast not brought me of thy sheep for burnt-offerings; neither hast thou honored me with thy sacrifices.

20:09 - Isaiah Chapter 43 verse 23 It should be "thou hast wearied me with" not "thou hast wearied me even with"
Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices; but thou hast burdened me with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.

37:42 - Isaiah Chapter 43 verse 23 It should be "Jehovah of hosts is his name" not "Jehovah of hosts in his name"
(for they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; Jehovah of hosts is his name):

Same thing as the last with the beginning and end(other than the silence, this one has the 10 seconds).
bairchan

Post by bairchan »

Note: I only put this here because technically that is what it says. However, I am pretty sure this one is a typo and not one of the normal misspellings and bad grammar in this translation.
7:34 - Isaiah Chapter 50 verse 8 It should be "who will content" not "who will contend"
He is near that justifieth me; who will content with me?

8:43 - Isaiah Chapter 51 verse 1 It should be "and to the hold" not "and to the hole"
Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek Jehovah: look unto the rock whence ye were hewn, and to the hold of the pit whence ye were digged.

19:37 - Isaiah Chapter 54 verse 3 It should be "thou shalt spread aboard" not "thou shalt spread abroad"
For thou shalt spread aboard on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall possess the nations, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

28:38 - Isaiah Chapter 57 verse 8 It should be "And behind the doors" not "And behold the doors"
And behind the doors and the posts hast thou set up thy memorial: for thou hast uncovered thyself to another than me, and art gone up; thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made thee a covenant with them: thou lovedst their bed where thou sawest it.

This does not have the 10 seconds of silence at the end.
bairchan

Post by bairchan »

17:00 "Chapter 64" is not said after "End of Chapter 63"

Wow. That was the only thing I found. Good job!

Same thing as the last with the beginning.

It says End of Isaiah instead of End of Isaiah from the American Standard Version.

I must say I have enjoyed listening to you read this. It is definately not dry or monotone.
I would appreciate feedback on my proof listening since this was the first time I have done so.