COMPLETE-[Chinese] Three Hundred Tang Poems - Vol 1 - OL/ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wolfjin

Post by wolfjin »

earthcalling wrote: I'll free up Mike's claimed poems, so if anyone enjoys 李白 please claim and record!

David
I'll finish those after lunch...
wolfjin

Post by wolfjin »

38-42 done, saved as usual.
I'm trying to get a girl to read the 43...
Pls don't label it as claimed by me.
ianish

Post by ianish »

Brilliant recordings. With Wolfjin powering away, looks like I need to get on my bike and read, rather than pottering around with translations and interpretations. The Hokkian is taking me rather longer to organize than I hoped, but will put in my mandarine version in as soon as ... :oops:
Speaking the words of others to find another voice
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Wolfjin - You are officially the People's Hero of this project. Unbelievable.

Thank you again!

Ianish - When you're ready.... :)
(I can talk! Better get recording too).

David
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated »

And here's the last three... Yeah!

025: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=96A6B83004C8E0A4

026: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=83C7A2E4266A9884

043: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=46C67BF858E73670

Oh, and Mom says she's glad to help =)

(though... I'm a little embarrassed to say this now... you were right in calling her Mrs. Leu... For some reason, I thought she was called Poon Po Chin, but it's really Leu Poon Po Chin :oops: )
moncyrillus

Post by moncyrillus »

wolfjin

Post by wolfjin »

OH!! It seems we have almost at least one record for every piece..
Glad to see that.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Oh yes yes yes, it's like Christmas day and Chinese New Year all at the same time!

I can hardly keep up with you all!

Wolfjin - Don't dissuade your friend from doing 43 (unless cyril is your friend?)

All - I'll be removing my remaining claims and throwing those poems open. The readings are such hard work for me, and you all do them so much better... My efforts are best spent on the coordination and (very soon) cataloguing. This is not a sacrifice on my part, to give up those peoms, but a relief!

And all - Don't forget, multiple versions are fine.

And finally - One final push to finish volume 1, a big celebration, then I'll set up volume 2 and take advantage of this wonderful team we have here.

:clap: :clap:

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

moncyrillus wrote:here's poem 043 in cantonese
Cyril, that's marvellous, thank you! Very nice reading. Oh, and welcome to the team!

You've read the first post, so you've seen that we are delighted to have multiple versions of the poems. I think it's really wonderful (a very LibriVox idea) to have different voices, different styles etc.

So (and this goes for everyone)... if you'd like to keep recording the other poems, please do so. Don't worry if they're already recorded or claimed. The more, the merrier.

Now, I need to add all these files to the first post...

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Caffeinated wrote:Oh, and Mom says she's glad to help =)
Linda - I can't thank you and your mum enough. I really enjoy listening to her readings (and trying to piece the Cantonese pronunciation together with the characters), and think I can hear in her voice (don't tell her this) pride at being able to share her culture and her learning with us. Another LibriVox star is born!

David
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated »

Yes, she's having a lot of fun with this, although she just pointed out to me that when reading a poem in Cantonese, there're four tones to choose from for every character, and the choice depends on how well the tones can match up (which is why, when you click on the individual characters, some will have multiple tones to choose from)... She says she's not exactly following this rule, so some of the tones might seem out of place... (but, eh... I know so little Chinese, I can't really tell the difference myself)... I just thought that'd be interesting to share)...

Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, could you add "Leu" to the front of 'Poon Po Chin'... In the back of my mind, I thought it might be customary for women to keep their maiden names, but I think I might've been thinking of American customs, or what some women do here... :lol: still clearing up some confusion between Chinese and English language, etc...
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Caffeinated wrote:Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, could you add "Leu" to the front of 'Poon Po Chin'...
Of course, and it's no trouble. I do need to check with everyone how to do the credits correctly.

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

And in case you all run out of interesting things to record, I've set up the project for Volume 2.

No rush, no pressure... But it's there.

:thumbs:

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

kayray wrote:Er. You'll need an MC! I guess I will volunteer unless there is an MC with knowledge of Chinese! :)
Kara, I should've snatched this back from you when I entered the cave. :D And the MCing does require Chinese, so consider it snatched!

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

I'll be away for a few days, completely out of touch with LibriVox. Over the past few days, I've been correcting some of the older files - editing in the disclaimer*, trying to correct low volumes etc. - in preparation for cataloguing. It'd be really great if some of the remaining gaps could be filled....

And Volume 2 is here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3256

* With apologies to both of you, I copied Wolfjin's 'All LV recordings...' onto the end of Mike's three files, as they were recorded before we'd fixed the disclaimer.

David