COMPLETE-[Chinese] Three Hundred Tang Poems - Vol 1 - OL/ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

This project is complete and can be downloaded here from the LibriVox catalogue: http://librivox.org/three-hundred-tang-poems-volume-1-by-various/

[Chinese] Three Hundred Tang Poems - Volume 1 - 唐诗三百首 卷一

This is the first attempt at a Chinese-language recording on LibriVox, so encouragement will be just as welcome as active help!

The Tang Dynasty (618 to 907) was a golden age of Chinese culture: religion and philosophy, painting and calligraphy, sculpture, architecture and music all reached peaks of perfection. Poetry was the epitome of the arts: a scholastic requirement, a route to fame, a moulder of character. Nearly 50,000 poems of the Tang have survived. The collection 'Three Hundred Tang Poems' was compiled around 1763. It comprises six volumes, with poems grouped by verse form. Volume 1 covers the 'ancient verse' style in five-character lines (poems 1 to 35), and 'folk song style verse' (36 to 45). The masters Li Bai, Du Fu and Wang Wei are well represented here.
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are 'up for grabs'. Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the poem number, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: 31st July - but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There‘s no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    The poem numbers below link to the text, with translation and clickable dictionary entry for each character.
  5. Please claim poems, by quoting the blue numbers!

Reader list last updated: 9 Sept, 09:00, BST
    Chapters claimed: 45 of 45 (100%)
    Chapters done: 45 of 45 (100%)

Note that if I have not heard from you by 20th July, I will reassign your chapter(s).

Note that we welcome recordings in any Chinese dialect - Multiple recordings are welcome, whether in the same or different dialects - The dialect of recordings already submitted is indicated by a letter in brackets after the reader's name: M = Mandarin, C = Cantonese, H = Hokkien, T = Taiwanese.

Poem 001 - 感遇,四首之一 (张九龄 Zhang Jiuling)Done - earthcalling (David) (M) -> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 002 - 感遇,四首之二 (张九龄 Zhang Jiuling)Done - earthcalling (David) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 003 - 感遇,四首之三 (张九龄 Zhang Jiuling) Done - earthcalling (David) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 004 - 感遇,四首之四 (张九龄 Zhang Jiuling)Done - earthcalling (David) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 005 - 下终南山过斛斯山入宿置酒 (李白 Li Bai)Done - happyprince (Mike) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 006 - 月下独酌 (李白 Li Bai)Done - happyprince (Mike) (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T - sung)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 007 - 春思 (李白 Li Bai)Done - happyprince (Mike) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 008 - 望岳 (杜甫 Du Fu)Done - Zhonghua Wansui (Graham) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 009 - 赠卫八处士 (杜甫 Du Fu)Done - Zhonghua Wansui (Graham) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 010 - 佳人 (杜甫 Du Fu)Done - Zhonghua Wansui (Graham) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 011 - 梦李白,其一 (杜甫 Du Fu)Done - Zhonghua Wansui (Graham) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 012 - 梦李白,其二 (杜甫 Du Fu)Done - Zhonghua Wansui (Graham) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 013 - 送别 (王维 Wang Wei) Done - earthcalling (David) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 014 - 送綦母潜落第还乡 (王维 Wang Wei)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 015 - 青溪 (王维 Wang Wei) Done - earthcalling (David) (M) -> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 016 - 渭川田家 (王维 Wang Wei) Done - earthcalling (David) (M) -> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 017 - 西施咏 (王维 Wang Wei) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 018 - 秋登兰山寄张 五 (孟浩然 Meng Haoran) Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 019 - 夏日南亭怀幸大 (孟浩然 Meng Haoran) Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 020 - 宿业师山房待丁大不至 (孟浩然 Meng Haoran) Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 021 - 同从弟南斋 • 月忆山阴崔少府 (王昌龄 Wang Changling) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 022 - 寻西山隐者不遇 (邱为 Qiu Wei) Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 023 - 春泛若耶溪 (綦母潜 Qi Wuqian) Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 024 - 宿王昌龄隐居 (常建 Chang Jian)Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 025 - 与高适薛据登慈恩寺浮图 (岑参 Cen Can)Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 026 - 贼退示官吏并序 (元结 Yuan Jie)Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 027 - 郡斋雨中与诸文士燕集 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 028 - 初发扬子寄元大校书 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 029 - 寄全椒山中道士 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 030 - 长安过冯著 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 031 - 夕次盱眙县 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu)Done - earthcalling (David) (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 032 - 东郊 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 033 - 送杨氏女 (韦应物 Wei Yingwu) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 034 - 辰诣超师院读禅经 (柳宗元 Liu Zongyuan)Done - ianish (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 035 - 溪居 (柳宗元 Liu Zongyuan) Done - ianish (M)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 036 - 塞下曲,其一 (王昌龄 Wang Changling) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 037 - 塞下曲,其二 (王昌龄 Wang Changling) Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 038 - 关山月 (李白 Li Bai)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T) -> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 039 - 子夜四时歌,春歌 (李白 Li Bai)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 040 - 子夜四时歌,夏歌 (李白 Li Bai)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 041 - 子夜四时歌,秋歌 (李白 Li Bai)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 042 - 子夜四时歌,冬歌 (李白 Li Bai)Done - wolfjin (M)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 043 - 长干行 (李白 Li Bai)Done - Poon Po Chin (C)-> Listen and moncyrillus (Cyril) (C)-> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 044 - 烈女操 (孟郊 Meng Jiao)Done - earthcalling (David) (M) -> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
    Poem 045 - 游子呤 (孟郊 Meng Jiao)Done - earthcalling (David) (M) -> Listen and Li Su-hsiang (T)-> Listen and Mr Zhuang Shiguang (H) -> Listen
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz preferred, 32 and 22.5 also acceptable
  7. DURING recording:
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • 这是[your name] 为 LibriVox 点 org 所提供的录音
    • If you wish, say:
      "[city; your blog/podcast/web address; year, month]"
    • Say:
      "唐诗三百首,卷一,[poem number, poem title, author]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      完。 LibriVox 的录音都是公众所有的"
    • If you have recorded the last poem in the volume, poem 045, say:
      "唐诗三百首 卷一,完。 LibriVox 的录音都是公众所有的"

Please leave a couple of seconds silence at the end of your recording!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    300tangpoems_vol_1_###.mp3 , all lower-case, where ### is your three-digit poem number. (300tangpoems_vol_1_001.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use - if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: [### poem title]
    Artist: [Author name]
    Album: Three Hundred Tang Poems, Volume 1
    Genre: Speech

(Note that ID3 tags need to be in English, not Chinese script).

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Files can either be posted here in the forum (link to your webspace) or emailed via http://yousendit.com to: hey@earthcallingdavid.com (if you use yousendit, it's helpful if you'll post the resulting link in this thread)

I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:
    - your name as you want it to appear in the LibriVox catalog,
    - your webpage URL (if applicable)
    - the runtime of the recording in format hh:mm:ss
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me.

David
Last edited by earthcalling on October 14th, 2006, 4:17 pm, edited 74 times in total.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Wow!
Encouragement!!
earthcalling wrote:This is the first attempt at a Chinese-language recording on LibriVox, so encouragement will be just as welcome as active help!
I am so glad I could participate in this capacity of offering
e c o u r a g e m e n t !

great good fortune to David and to Mike in this undertaking!

anita
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

a.r.dobbs wrote: I am so glad I could participate in this capacity of offering
e c o u r a g e m e n t !

great good fortune to David and to Mike in this undertaking!

anita
Weee! Thank you thank you! and 谢谢!

David
kayray

Post by kayray »

Er. You'll need an MC! I guess I will volunteer unless there is an MC with knowledge of Chinese! :) I'll help you keep an eye on things here (if you go out of town or something, let me know and I'll help assign poems and collect files, etc.) And I'll take care of cataloging your poems when this volume is complete. Maybe you can help me make the catalog page :)

Oh, you know what? I'm planning to try to set up one of those spiffy librivox uploader dropbox thingies soon so maybe we can use it for the poems!

Thanks for getting this started, David!

p.s. thanks for asking for three-digit filenames ;-)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Wow, this is super cool! If I only I could read Chinese... :?
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

While Mike is away for the weekend, I thought I'd at least make a suggestion for the short disclaimer (see first post); this way, I can record a poem or two with a disclaimer, even if that needs to be changed a little later.

Mike - perhaps you can comment on your return.

I've recorded the first poem, and will put a link in the first post.

Mike - A quick proof-listen would be appreciated, when you have time.

David
kaseumin

Post by kaseumin »

我支援你們。
Wonderful project! :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

This is great! And don't the Chinese characters look lovely. Western letters always look so... clumsy in comparison. :)

Good luck and keep going! Eventually I'm sure some other readers of Chinese will find their way here. Hey, we should email Sinology departments! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Here is a site which makes the Tang poems more accessible:-

http://www.afpc.asso.fr/wengu/wg/wengu.php?l=Tangshi&no=1&s=1

There are translations (I wouldn't say they are the best, but hey), and you can click on any character in the text, on what appear to be hanging plaques, and get the pronunciation, definitions and etymology of that character.

Remember that classical Chinese was written in columns, right to left. The title of each poem is in the right-hand, shaded column; then the lines of text to the left of that.

'Three Hundred Tang Poems' is arranged in sections according to the verse form. The first section of volume 1 comprises 35 poems in the 'five character ancient verse' style. These are in lines of 5 characters, the lines forming couplets. Each character is one syllable, and broadly speaking a word.

David

?? EDIT ??

I've now used this site as the basis for the text for each poem. Click on the poem number, and it takes you there.
Last edited by earthcalling on May 29th, 2006, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Mike has sent me his first recording, poem number 6, and I've linked to it in the first post.

It is phenomenally good. Something tells me we're onto a winner.

David
Zhonghua Wansui

Post by Zhonghua Wansui »

I'd like to claim these poems, David. Let me know if that's OK. If any, or all have been taken, just assign some to me. I'm fine with long or short.

Poem 008 - 望岳 (杜甫 Du Fu)
Poem 009 - 赠卫八处士 (杜甫 Du Fu)
Poem 010 - 佳人 (杜甫 Du Fu)
Poem 011 - 梦李白,其一 (杜甫 Du Fu)
Poem 012 - 梦李白,其二 (杜甫 Du Fu)

Best regards - Graham
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Graham,

That will be just perfect. Thank you. I hope you enjoy the recording, and I can't wait to listen!

David
happyprince

Post by happyprince »

Grahm,

Wonderful to have you with us! :D

Mike
This above all: to thine own self be true.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

All I can offer is encouragement. I hope that Li Bai's Waterfall at Lushan is among the 300. It's one of my favorites.
Kristen
http://www.mediatinker.com
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/KristenMcQuillin/]My recordings & claimed chapters[/url]
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Kristen,

I can't see 'Waterfall at Lushan' (searching in my book and here: http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/chinese/frame.htm), but hopefully you'll find some new favourites from those we do...?

Great to have your encouragement - thank you!

David