This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-042-by-various/
Please select and record any short story in the English Language in the public domain. Try to stick to works that run less than 60 minutes. You are welcome to contribute as many as you wish, and there is no need to "sign-up" before recording...as long as the work is clearly in the public domain, just start recording. Multiple versions are always welcome, so don't worry whether someone else has recorded your selection already; we're happy to hear your version too.
(Only in case of a submission of an identical story for the same collection, we will carry the second version over to the next collection) .
Other collections running at Librivox include: Children's Short Works, Multilingual Short Story collection, Short Horror & Ghost Story Collection, Short Non-Fiction Collection, Short Mystery Story Collection, Short Science-Fiction Collection, Short Poetry Collection, Long Poetry Collection - and Short Works Collections in German, Tagalog or in Dutch. So please select the appropriate collection for your contribution - plenty of choice.
After 20 recordings are submitted, we will prooflisten, catalog and make them available to the public.
Basic Recording Guide: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
- Be sure to set your recording software to: 44100Hz, 16-bit
- At the BEGINNING Say: "[Title of Work], by [Author Name]" "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox Recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org"
- At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
- If you wish, you may also say: "Read by...your name."
- Please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording or 10 seconds if longer than 30 minutes.
- Need noise-cleaning?Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear distracting background noise, you may want to clean it up a bit. The free beta version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide. Note: Noisecleaning with other versions of Audacity is not recommended.
- ID3 Tags:
- • Title/Name: [Title]
• Artist: [Author Name]
• Album: LibriVox Short Story Collection Vol. 042
- • Title/Name: [Title]
[*]File Name:[/b] Put file name all in lowercase, and the title all in one word (no leading articles(the, a, an) and NO SPACES): shortstory042_shorttitleinoneword_readersinitials.mp3,
3. SUBMIT your recording:
Please upload your finished recording using the LibriVox uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy to post in this thread):
If you have trouble reading the image above, please send a private message to any admin
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise.
*If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
4. POST the following information in this thread:
- • The link you copied from the uploader to your file
• Name of your story
• Author (birth year - death year)
• Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
• Source from which you read (i.e. Gutenberg etext url)
• Length in minutes and size in MB of your file
• If this is your first Librivox recording, I will also need your name as you would like it to appear on the catalogue page and the URL of your homepage if you have one and would like it linked to your name on the catalogue page.
Want to see if what you plan to record has been done already?
Search by keywords in the Catalog Search
But don't let this stop you from recording your own version!
(BC admin link)