COMPLETE - Richard III by William Shakespeare - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

RuthieG wrote:Queen Margaret, Act I Scene iii uploaded.

Upload URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/richardiii_queenmargaret_1.mp3

As always, if anything isn't quite as you want it, just let me know and I will re-record. :)

Ruth
Thanks, Ruth! No time to listen now but will give it a go later. And aradlaw will PL.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Dave in the Fax wrote:Gloriana, would it be OK if I uploaded my files scene-by-scene instead of act-by-act? Richard is very verbose and it would make the process of uploading the files less time-consuming. If that will cause editing problems, it's not a big deal, but I just thought I'd ask.
Hi Dave -

That's fine. In Richard's case that probably makes sense. Thanks!

Aaaaand we're off to Dramatic Works! :)
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

One more question: How dramatic are we meant to be? Do the same rules of reading books apply to dramas, or can one have a little fun with the characters?
For the record, I am planning to chew the scenery. :twisted:
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Dave in the Fax wrote:
One more question: How dramatic are we meant to be? Do the same rules of reading books apply to dramas, or can one have a little fun with the characters?
For the record, I am planning to chew the scenery. :twisted:
Bring it.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Here are Queen Elizabeth's files:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/richardiii_elizabeth_1.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/richardiii_elizabeth_2.mp3

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/richardiii_elizabeth_4.mp3

Ruth, I listened to Margaret's first file - it sounds awesome! I didn't PL it against the text, just listened for the performance, and I love it. :)
SarekOfVulcan

Post by SarekOfVulcan »

Could I take a swing at Brakenbury?
NAK

Post by NAK »

I'm a male actor who is really passionate about this service. I'm not sure whats open, but I'd like to take the biggest male part there is!
om123

Post by om123 »

Hi,

Can I take 'LORD GREY'?

I ve read here earlier, but my ascent is not british... If Lord Grey does not demand much British, I can do that..

Thanks..
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

gloriana

Post by gloriana »

SarekOfVulcan wrote:Could I take a swing at Brakenbury?
Absolutely - thanks, Sarek!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

om123 wrote:Hi,

Can I take 'LORD GREY'?

I ve read here earlier, but my ascent is not british... If Lord Grey does not demand much British, I can do that..

Thanks..
Thanks, om123 - you're in the MW. All accents are welcome - no need to sound (or be) British! :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

NAK wrote:I'm a male actor who is really passionate about this service. I'm not sure whats open, but I'd like to take the biggest male part there is!
Hello NAK, and welcome to LibriVox! Glad to have you here. We ask that newcomers do a test recording to ensure that all the technical aspects are working okay. There's a link in the first post of this thread to the "Newbie Guide to Recording," including instructions on doing a test file. Please feel free to choose whichever role you'd like to read - line counts are listed in the magic window (on the first page of this thread) so you can see the sizes of the roles that are left. After you choose a role, I'd suggest doing one act of the character's lines as a test to make sure everything is sounding okay (and that you've got the technical side set up all right).

Any questions, let me know! :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Dave in the Fax wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/richardiii_richard_1_scene1.mp3

Richard, Act 1, Scene 1.

He's such a swine.
Thanks, Dave. ::Rubbing hands together gleefully.::
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Dave, your Richard is sounding great. One small thing: in your next file, could you make sure to include "Richard, Duke of Gloucester, read by David Nicol"? Just so we have your voice credit for the cast list. Thanks! :)
NAK

Post by NAK »

gloriana wrote: Hello NAK, and welcome to LibriVox! Glad to have you here. We ask that newcomers do a test recording to ensure that all the technical aspects are working okay. There's a link in the first post of this thread to the "Newbie Guide to Recording," including instructions on doing a test file. Please feel free to choose whichever role you'd like to read - line counts are listed in the magic window (on the first page of this thread) so you can see the sizes of the roles that are left. After you choose a role, I'd suggest doing one act of the character's lines as a test to make sure everything is sounding okay (and that you've got the technical side set up all right).

Any questions, let me know! :)
I'd love to take a shot at RATCLIFF, give me a couple of days to get everything all set up and figured out, but can you keep that part for me?