COMPLETE - The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

Was that me having a funny moment when I tagged it, David, or did something go astray in the aether..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

No, it's definitely not your fault, Cori. It was fine in the validator, and it's fine in the other file formats, so it must just be gremlin.

Relax! :D

David
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Huskey,

The re-upload is complete, and I've downloaded and checked the file. All is OK.

Mamy thanks again for pointing this out.

David
Huskey

Post by Huskey »

@ earthcalling: Many thanks.

@ Cori: Your reading is cool! :thumbs:
Von einem gewissen Punkt an gibt es keine Rückkehr mehr. Dieser Punkt ist zu erreichen.
[b]Beyond a certain point there is no return. This point has to be reached.[/b]
- Franz Kafka -
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

David - back from my trip - thanks for finishing up cataloguing of this, and thanks to all the fine readers!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
KrisVelkovski

Post by KrisVelkovski »

Hi, i just finished listening this book. Fantastic!

I had problems with "19 - Book III, Section III, and Song III: The Insatiableness of Avarice", is it just my player or the file is corrupted??

I use foobar2k and VLC Media player, and in both the file wasn't audible.

Kris
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hi Kris, and thanks for getting in touch!

I've checked two file formats, the 128kbps and the 64kbps contained in the zip file (a fresh download in both cases), and section 19 is fine. The volume is a bit low, but otherwise it's fine. It could be that your download was corrupted. If there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

David
KrisVelkovski

Post by KrisVelkovski »

I re-downloaded the file, and the problem was MP3Gain, as you say the volume is so low, that when normalized it gets clipped so much that nothing could be heard.

I have all my files normalized with mp3gain before i play them and I've never had problems before with something clipping so much. The strange thing is that even when the file is not normalized it still gets distorted when the equalizer setting are not a flat line, but at least i finished the book...

Kris