COMPLETE - The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

hugh mac - I uploaded your section 19 to my server and have listened to a bit of it. The reading, is usual, is nice, and the sound quality is like on the new file 17 - there's a computer fan in the background I think, which is not too prevalent, and it's very quiet - I have to crank up the volume on my player all the way. Do you think you could try to boost your input volume? When I have internet at the house next week, I'll play with amplification a bit, but it would be much better to get it right at recording level. :) However, it's certainly fine as it is!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

xander -- still unable to download #3. Please re-send!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Kara! I've uploaded 02 and 19 to my server now, so they're fine :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Talented_Mr_Miller

Post by Talented_Mr_Miller »

The chapter I claimed is now in the uploader.
They change their skies, but not their souls,
who travel across the sea.

--Horace
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie »

Hi, I'd like to do these 2 sections:

23 - Section VII, and Song VII: Pleasure's Sting
24 - Section VIII, and Song VIII: Human Folly

Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Talented_Mr_Miller - thanks very much, got the file but can't download at the mo - will listen later.

MermaidMaddie - super, 23 & 24 are yours!
khiddy

Post by khiddy »

Hi,

I'd like to claim the following section:

32 - Section IV, and Song IV: The Unreasonableness of Hatred

I'm actually almost done, I just need to finish the normalization.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

khiddy - thanks, section 32 is all yours, and I look forward to receiving it! Please also let me know with which name you'd like to be credited (and personal URL if you like).
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie »

I'm uploading 23 and 24 to the uploader right now. If by some chance you don't get them, let me know :)

Edit: the uploader added a bunch of weird characters. I was able to get 23 uploaded, but with 24, the characters it added made the filename too long and I got an error message that the filename was too many characters. however I tried again and it added fewer characters and allowed it through...so everything should be there now :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Maddie, sorry, completely forgot to update this - I received both files, thank you! :)
Xander

Post by Xander »

Sorry Kara, :oops:

I saw your post but it just completely slipped my mind when I had time later. I hope that this 03 is OK.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E38E1DA779947438

If it ever happens again, just end me a very rude PM. :wink:
-Xander

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur."

www.zamws.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Xander! Got it. Nice reading! :) Would you please let me know by which name you'd like to appear in the LV catalogue?
Xander

Post by Xander »

I would like Alex Patterson to appear for my name. Glad that it worked this time.
-Xander

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur."

www.zamws.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Alex. I've added you to our readers' list on the LibriVox wiki, so in future BCs shouldn't have to ask you for this info. You can update it yourself, if you ever have need: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ListOfReadersCatalogNames
hugh mac

Post by hugh mac »

hey,

im going to be away from home for the next 6 weeks or so and i'm afriad i don't have time to fix up section 19 or record section 20 before i go. i'll pick up where i left off when i get back in september.

cheers.