COMPLETE [HISTORY] Hannibal by Jacob Abbott - rg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Todd!

I PL'ed your recording. There were few minor things I needed to fix. Every file should have 5 seconds of silence at the end and 10 seconds if the file is longer than 30 minutes, so yours need 10 seconds. At the beginning there should be no more than 1 second.
In the intro after the disclaimer and your name you should say "Hannibal by Jabob Abbott. Chapter 12. <chapter title>".
Also, you have a few plosives when you say letter p, this can be easily solved, just put the mic a little aside from your mouth.
Last this is the title ID tag. In the first post you can see the correct format, ## - Section title. ## is the number of your section, and you can copy the section title from the Magic Window.

I fixed these for you. Otherwise great reading! :)

[MW updated]
Diana
geekhunter

Post by geekhunter »

Wow thank you! I'll check over my recording and make sure that I understand your comments for future reading. Thank you for the clarification about the silence at the end, the title, and I'm going to add a pop filter. I thought I did the ID tag right so I'll check this out again.

Thanks!
djeemee

Post by djeemee »

So sorry, I've got a cold this week, with a voice like Barry White. I've tried a recording tonight but it's not great. Will try my best to do it asap.

I don't want to be a burden, so pls feel free to reassign the section if you think it'd be more efficient this way.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

As Kristine is finding life very busy, she has asked for someone to help out and I am taking over as BC/MC of this project.

I should prefer you to upload files to my folder rg - RuthieG, but if you forget, it is not the end of the world.

The target date for this project is 31 March 2010. I am PMing readers who claimed sections longer than a month ago, to see if they are able to record by then.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
hearhis

Post by hearhis »

Hi Ruth,

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/hannibal_13_abbott.mp3
43 MB, 47 minutes

Thanks again for the nudge,
HearHis
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thank you, hearhis! :)
dii

Post by dii »

Chapter 13 is OK, I deleted a little silence from the begining, added a little to the end and edited the intro a little :) Great reading!
Diana
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Here's Section 06, Hannibal Crosses the Alps, Part 2:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/hannibal06abbott.mp3

It's runtime is 31:14.

-denny
[u][url=http://tinyurl.com/MyLVReadings][color=purple][size=84]Projects Completed & In Progress[/size][/color][/url][/u].
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Super, thanks, Denny. :)

And thanks for the PL, dii!
dii

Post by dii »

Hi!

The intro and the outro should be fixed for chapter 6. The intro should be: Chapter 6 of Hannibal. <disclaimer> Hannibal by Jabob Abbott. Chapter 6. Hannibal Crosses the Alps, part 2. The outro should be End of chapter 6.

Otherwise great! :)
Diana
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

dii wrote:Hi!

The intro and the outro should be fixed for chapter 6. The intro should be: Chapter 6 of Hannibal. <disclaimer> Hannibal by Jabob Abbott. Chapter 6. Hannibal Crosses the Alps, part 2. The outro should be End of chapter 6.

Otherwise great! :)
I fixed it, and Section 06 has been re-uploaded. It's a second longer than the first version.

However, for the record (get it?) "Hannibal Crosses the Alps" is actually Chapter 5 in the Baldwin Project text, even though it is LV's Section 06. So the Outro really ought to read "End of Chapter 5."

dii, when you read the previous Section 05, did you call it Chapter 6, part 1?

Anyway, that's why I didn't give any chapter number in my first recording, to avoid confusion.

-denny
[u][url=http://tinyurl.com/MyLVReadings][color=purple][size=84]Projects Completed & In Progress[/size][/color][/url][/u].
dii

Post by dii »

Oh, sorry, my bad. It's chapter 5 :oops: I read Chapter 5 part 1 of Hannibal. You can say at the end end of chapter 5 because there's no part 3. Sorry for the confusion :oops:
Diana
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

dii wrote:Oh, sorry, my bad. It's chapter 5 :oops: I read Chapter 5 part 1 of Hannibal. You can say at the end end of chapter 5 because there's no part 3. Sorry for the confusion :oops:
No problem, the re-corrected file has been re-reuploaded with the same runtime, 31:15.

-denny :wink:
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Uhhh? Oh, it's all beyond me at this time of night. :lol:
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

RuthieG wrote:Uhhh? Oh, it's all beyond me at this time of night. :lol:
No prob, dii and I got everything fixed ...

-denny