[COMP]Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore P Stewart-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Hi, Lynne,

Oh, a second book by Elinore! Really?! That's cool! Is it at PG? I'll have to see what that is (later or tomorrow; I've got a cold today & am not moving as quickly as I'd like---grrr). Oh, well. Are you thinking of soloing Elinore's second book?

I've downloaded your corrected chapters & will spot-check them soon. I'm getting ready to take a nap right now, but I'll probably wake up later & can do some work then. (It's so frustrating when I can't get as much done as I'd like; that's why I said "grrr" LOL----sorry, I think I might be a bit feverish, so if I sound strange, that's why---but I'll be fine, really, not meaning to sound like I want pity or anything like that, just being matter-of-fact.) But I'll get caught up soon. Thanks for posting the corrected chapters! I really enjoy your reading SO much! :thumbs:

Joy :9:
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Lynne,

The corrected chapters are all PL OK! :D And only a couple of small edits for chapters 10 & 11, listed below.

Chap. 10:
4:17: "patience" (instead of "patient"); "She was all patience with poor, unskilled Cora Jane"
5:19: "between" (instead of "from"); "and away between two buttes you would see the glimmer of blue water"

Chap. 11:
1:02: Add "want"; "Next morning . . . the men went off to their work"
3:42 (very small one): Add "the"; "and Zebbie often met Pauline at the quiltings and other gatherings"

And that's it! You're such an excellent reader! And Elinore worded things so beautifully. :9: The way she describes the flowers & scenery & other people. She had such a sweet & poetic soul. Such beautiful imagery & she describes the people so well; I just wish she'd given us more details about the marriage & how it came about. Still, a wonderful book & I love her style! Thank you!

Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Chapters 12 and 13 are uploaded. I'll upload corrected Chapters 10 and 11 soon. Thanks, Joy.

Lynne
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Joy,

Chapters 10 and 11 have been re-uploaded and new durations are noted in MW. Please check the corrected passages.

I also uploaded Chapter 14.

Watch for a PM from me.

Lynne
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Lynne!

Chapters 12, 13, & 14 are all PL OK! :D You're doing a great job with this book. Elinore is so interesting & I love the way she describes things. Just beautiful---her words & your reading. I'm enjoying this book a lot. :thumbs:

You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Chapters 15 and 16 are uploaded and ready for PLing.

Lynne
momof3Chihuahuas

Great! Thanks, Lynne, & I'll also answer your PM. :D

Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Joy,

Chapters 17 and 18 are uploaded. I just noticed that I forgot to correct an error in Ch. 18, in the sentence "The engagement was powerfully short because [we] both agreed that the trend of events and ranch work seemed to require that we be married first and do our 'sparking' afterward."

I'll wait to correct and re-upload Ch. 18 until you have PLed, just in case you find more glitches.

Also, see my PM please.

Lynne
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Lynne,

Sorry I've not been around as much; thanks for the PM. I *think* I answered your PM via email; remind me if I didn't. (My memory isn't that great---in fact, it's awful.)

I noticed that chapter 17 is actually chapter 18, so looks like you'll need to re-upload chapter 17. I'll try to do some PL'ing soon (still having more-than-usual trouble with my health). Take care & talk to you again soon!

YF,
Joy
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Lynne,

Chapter 15 is PL OK! :) I'll PL more soon. I'm getting a bit sleepy now. You're doing such an excellent job! What a lovely book!

Joy :)
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

momof3Chihuahuas wrote:
I noticed that chapter 17 is actually chapter 18, so looks like you'll need to re-upload chapter 17.
Oops. Now Ch. 17 is really Ch. 17, and I also re-uploaded Ch. 18 to correct the mistake I mentioned earlier. Thanks for PLing Ch. 15, Joy, and for cheering me on. Watch for a PM.

Lynne
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Joy,

Chapters 19 and 20 are uploaded.

Lynne
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Tiny Chapters 21 and 22 have been uploaded.

Lynne
Lynne_C

Post by Lynne_C »

Joy,

Chapter 23 is uploaded. At last we find out how Elinore met Clyde.

Cheers!
Lynne
momof3Chihuahuas

Hi, Lynne,

First, you're doing a fantastic job with this book! :) Unfortunately, Real Life is really tough right now & I think it'd be best if you got another PL'er. My health has been worsening (I'm severely anemic, I recently found out, & am on iron tablets & folic acid, but I'm also having more pain than usual & am also on prednisone right now).

I have an almost impossible time concentrating on much of anything lately due to my intense fatigue and pain. For me, the more I can sleep, the better. I'm also having a lot of night sweats & hot flashes, not to mention fever due to way too much inflammation in my body. I'm not complaining; just giving you my reason. I'm going to have to give up all my PL projects; I'm just not reliable right now . . . & I'm much too slow.

I'm really sorry. I'm also taking care of Paco, our 15-yr-old Chi who now has congestive heart failure & is on meds too. He's also on a med for a very itchy skin condition (he's on a steroid, like me for my inflammation), but since he's also on Lasix (a water pill), that keeps it from hurting his CHF. He's lost so much of his beautiful hair. :( At least the meds are helping; he's not coughing & choking (he has a genetic defect called a collapsing trachea) now & the itching has eased some.

I know I've been too slow & there are people who can PL more quickly & are eager to do it. Again, I apologize. I'll listen to the rest of the book after it's finished. It's a great book & you're the perfect person to read it. :) Thank you for understanding.

Joy :)