[COMPLETE] The Prime Minister by A. Trollope - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

The Prime Minister by Anthony Trollope (1815-1882)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-prime-minister-by-anthony-trollope/
The Prine Minister is the fifth in Trollope's series of six Palliser novels. With Phineas' difficulties resolved, Trollope introduces new characters. A respectable young girl forsakes the man her family had always intended her to marry when she falls in love with a man of foreign extraction and an unknown family. He has a gentleman's education and manners, but his family background and financial means are mysterious. Is he really a gentleman? Meanwhile, Plantagenet Palliser becomes Prime Minister of a shaky coalition government, and Glencora and Madame Goessler are busy with the ensuing social obligations. (Summary by Karen Merline)

Wikipedia - Anthony Trollope
Wikipedia - Palliser Novels
Warning! Do not read the Wikipedia article linked to the title of this novel unless you are prepared for a SPOILER!!!

LibriVox recordings of the first three Palliser novels are here:
Can you Forgive Her?
Phineas Finn, the Irish Member
The Eustace Diamonds
  1. How to claim a part:
    To find a section to record, simply look at the sections in the box below. All those without names beside them are available. Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6 to 8 below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: Date March 1, 2010,, but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. I will note the date you volunteer for a chapter, and if you haven't recorded or posted about the progress of your chapter(s) for a month at any time, I may put them back to the pool. This doesn't mean you have to record within a month of making a claim, just be sure to keep in touch to let me know how things are going. As reading progresses, after due warning, we may reassign your sections if your claim languishes! If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2158
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Heart of Texas will be dedicated proof listener!
    MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter ## of The Prime Minister. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "The Prime Minister by Anthony Trollope. Chapter ## - [Name of Chapter]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of Chapter ##."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Prime Minister by Anthony Trollope."
    Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    titleinoneword_##_authorsurname.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number, always the same as the chapter number.
    (e.g. primeminister_01_trollope.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use. If you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: 01 - Ferdinand Lopez (## = reading no. = chapter no.!)
    Artist: Anthony Trollope
    Album: The Prime Minister

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: km - kmerline
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by kmerline on August 16th, 2009, 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

OK! As I enter the Chapter numbers, they will be available for claims!
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

What does "dpr" mean? Is that about PL'ing? I see that you have a DPL. Just curious--I nearly PM'ed you about possibly PL'ing it, but I'll probably cut back on PL'ing anyway (although it'd be nice to have something to PL while I'm recovering from my procedure later this month). I was just wondering what "dpr" meant? I probably should know--sorry. Anyway, good luck with the book! I've never read this author; hope it all goes well.

Joy
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Joy - it was a typo, I meant DPL. Annise voluntered by pm which I opened early this morning. As you can see, this has been a work in progress up until now, and I just got around to removing the request from the title. Sorry! :)
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Oh, OK; we all do stuff like that, especially me! LOL :D Sounds like you've got it all set up great! :) I might end up offering to read a chapter or two, but I'm going to wait until after my procedure (if there are chapters left then; if not, that's fine too--I'm trying to catch up with other recordings I've committed to, as well as PL'ing [which won't take much longer]).

Good luck & have fun! :)

Joy :D

Btw, probably since it is a continuation of a former project, there are 2 DPLs listed (Heart of Texas & Annise).
You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it. Stephen Hawking

Twitter @momof3chis (but don't have cell phone LOL :roll:)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

I got this ready in a hurry for several Trollope fans now finishing up the "prequel". There are 80 chapters, plenty for everyone - you are most welcome to read.
clifford

Post by clifford »

I'd be glad to kick off chap I unless someone else wants it.

Nicholas Clifford
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Oh, hey, it's Prime Minister time already!
I've been having a serious recording dearth for various reasons, but I''m about to get back up and running... and I think you know I'll be back for some of this :wink:.
English is the lingua franca par excellence
clifford

Post by clifford »

Here's chap. I of the PM.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/primeminister_01trollope.mp3

Time 20:44

I hope it's OK, but if not let me know.

Nicholas Clifford
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

clifford wrote:I'd be glad to kick off chap I unless someone else wants it.

Nicholas Clifford
Welcome, Nicholas, and thank you for Sec 1!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

clifford wrote:I'd be glad to kick off chap I unless someone else wants it.

Nicholas Clifford
Welcome, Nicholas, and thank you for Sec 1!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

russiandoll wrote:Oh, hey, it's Prime Minister time already!
I've been having a serious recording dearth for various reasons, but I''m about to get back up and running... and I think you know I'll be back for some of this :wink:.
You will be very welcome!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

clifford wrote:Here's chap. I of the PM.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/primeminister_01trollope.mp3

Time 20:44

I hope it's OK, but if not let me know.

Nicholas Clifford
PL OK :thumbs:
Anne
DianaJMB

Post by DianaJMB »

I'll take 6, 39 and 74!

Diana
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

DianaJMB wrote:I'll take 6, 39 and 74!

Diana
All yours thank you - looking forward to listening.

Anne