Extraordinary Adv of Arsène Lupin, by M. Leblanc -AF/ad

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hey, rootpi, you're it, the proud reader of Chapter 5, Queen's Lace.

I hoPe to hear you rePort your Pleasure in this Plot-surPrisey LuPPin chaPter.

Yust Yoking about the plosives. They were hardly / barely possible to detect. Your reading is so fine, just wanted to suggest the only potential I could spot for improvement.

looking forward!
Anita
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

I've read and edited the chapter. There's one thing I need to re-record (a word substitution) before uploading it. I hope to have it up by tonight.
Karen S.
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

Thanks -- chapter 5 coming up. I'm looking forward to it!

And of course no worries about the plosives :D I really did (and do) want feedback... I suspect we're all at least somewhat perfectionist about this...

julian
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Chapter 1 is uploading now.
Karen S.
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

And here is chapter 5 (runtime 33:21)
http://download.yousendit.com/326C5A65253C115A
I 'yousentit' to myself; hopefully the link above is sufficient...

I think there are still a few wee plosives, alas, but should be okay overall!
-julian
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

gypsygirl and rootpi -- our heroes! You two totally rock! I'll try to get this moved over to prooflistening -- I can't wait to listen to the whole thing myself -- it's such a great story!

thankyou thankyou thankyou ::applause!::
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Well that took a little bit of forever, but the Listen! links are in now, and I'm off to find our listeners. Ooo-la-la.

gypsygirl -- I've listened to most of your Chapter 1 and it's a WONDERFUL start to the book!! Yay and Yay again -- great reading!!

I so look forward to listening straight through now.
Anita
davidbrake

Post by davidbrake »

I have really enjoyed listening to most of the Arsene Lupin chapters and they were a welcome introduction to a very entertaining author. Several of the chapters were really well-read - the first one in particular I thought. But the pronounciation of French words in Chapter Seven was so poor that it eventually prevented me from enjoying it. I appreciate the time that volunteers offer to this project and I know it is not easy but I would really suggest people think carefully before volunteering to read books which contain words in a language they do not know. Alas I am not in a position to read the chapter myself but I would really encourage the book team leader to give someone else a chance to tackle that chapter.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hi davidbrake, I thoroughly concur with your enjoyment of the author and the readers. And I appreciate your thoughtfulness in expressing your response to a reading you couldn't enjoy. I, too, occasionally can't continue listening to a particular recording, though I listened to that chapter and enjoyed the reading despite (and perhaps sometimes because of) its struggles with the language. I don't speak French atall, and I don't know what I'm missing. But I do have a growing appreciation for our various efforts. I mean that. LibriVox listening is an exercise in appreciating regular folks, despite a culture that pushes professionals and commercial standards. And I've gained *so* much from LibriVox listening.

We occasionally do stress a particular language requirement for a bi-lingual text (Bronte's Villette, for instance), or a particular accuracy requirement for a science text (Einstein's Relativity, for instance).

But LibriVox values, invites, benefits from, and is strong because of the variety of volunteers and the range of our efforts. If you *could* read the French, I would heartily invite you to add another reading of chapter 7, but it wouldn't be a substitute for the one we have.

Welcome to LibriVox! I hope you'll keep chiming in and that you'll dive into recording yourself. Or prooflistening. Or editing. Or all of the above. Are you crazy about mystery? We've got some GREAT stuff here -- check this out:
http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?genre=Mystery
Anita
tim bulkeley

Post by tim bulkeley »

I am uploading the corrected version of chapter IX, 10% done as I write, I am putting up the 128 version as I hope it is now OK and THINK I have fixed the errors!

PS: Having real difficulty with the Librivox uploader, when I get home I'll FTp it to a website and supply the URL...

In the mean time, I notice that chapter 6 is listed as some "optional edits" but have not managed to find the post that lists what is needed... can you help me?
Tim Bulkeley

http://stories.org.nz/
Not only Librivox but other works out of copyright in NZ and Canada
tim bulkeley

Post by tim bulkeley »

Tim Bulkeley

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hoorah!
Now I must steal some time to catalog this fun fun batch of stories!
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

With an invaluable assist from the catalog pixie, Catharine, this gem is now among LibriVox's cataloged jewels.

Thank you so much, you wonderful readers!!
Anita
tim bulkeley

Post by tim bulkeley »

This is my first LibriVox project to go live, does anybody know if there is a way to find out how many people are downloading it or something like that? It seems strange to do something and then just forget it!
Tim Bulkeley

Starlite

Post by Starlite »

ON the catalogue page is a link to the archive page and you can find the number of downloads at the bottom of the page.:

http://www.archive.org/details/extraordinary_lupin

14 downloads so far :thumbs:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw