COMPLETE: Theo by Frances Hodgson Burnett - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Rachel,
the volume of chapter 2 is fine. I will do the proof listening tomorrow morning, it's quite late here. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Live4love22 wrote:All right, heres chapter 2! I question my judgment on the volume, so if you need me to re-record or anything just tell me!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/theo_02_burnett.mp3
it is 18:01 long.
Hi Rachell!!

Thanks a lot for chapter 2!!! :D Lovely reading... just had a short listening! As Stav already said, the volume is just fine!

You're always welcome, if you'd like to do another chapter! ;)

MW updated!

Elli :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Live4love22

Post by Live4love22 »

I don't want to be a gluten, ;) but I would be happy to do more chapters, how ever many you want to give me. Any of them are fine. And also, helpful comments/criticisms are always welcome, I'm always looking to improve my reading! :D
aravis

Post by aravis »

Live4love22 wrote:I don't want to be a gluten, ;) but I would be happy to do more chapters, how ever many you want to give me. Any of them are fine. And also, helpful comments/criticisms are always welcome, I'm always looking to improve my reading! :D
Hi Rachell!!!

That's great!! :D Just have a look at the MW and let me know which chapters you'd like to do!! There really is no limit... just pick as many chapters as you like! ;)

I'm already looking forward to hearing more!! :D

Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Live4love22

Post by Live4love22 »

:D then I would like to read Parts 1&2 Of Chapter 3, please.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Live4love22 wrote::D then I would like to read Parts 1&2 Of Chapter 3, please.
Chapter 3 Part 1&2 are all yours!!! Enjoy the reading!!! :D

Elli
Elli

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

CHapter 2 is great.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Stav!!

Thanks for PLing! :D

Elli
Elli

crystalbruce

Post by crystalbruce »

Hi!

Can I nab chapter 7? This will be my first recording, if it is possible!

I had a look over the chapter and it doesn't look particularly difficult. When I have some time (this weekend), I'll read over the chapter very closely and list some of the words (particularly names) that I might find challenging to pronounce. One thing off the top of my head is in "M. Maurien" ... is this Mister Maurien? (I'm not actually familiar with the story, is that ok?) Or would I actually say "M Maurien"?

Thanks! :D
~ Crystal
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

One thing off the top of my head is in "M. Maurien" ... is this Mister Maurien?
Monsieur Maurien, I guess? M's usually Monsieur. :)
aravis

Post by aravis »

crystalbruce wrote:Hi!

Can I nab chapter 7? This will be my first recording, if it is possible!

I had a look over the chapter and it doesn't look particularly difficult. When I have some time (this weekend), I'll read over the chapter very closely and list some of the words (particularly names) that I might find challenging to pronounce. One thing off the top of my head is in "M. Maurien" ... is this Mister Maurien? (I'm not actually familiar with the story, is that ok?) Or would I actually say "M Maurien"?

Thanks! :D
Hi and welcome to LibriVox and to Theo, Crystal!!

Chapter 7 is all yours!!! :D

Have fun reading. If you have any questions I'm just a post or a PM away!! ;)

EDIT: Since this is your first recording under which name would you like to appear in the LV catalog. If you've got a website or blog, we can link you to it, if you like!

It's always good to start out with a short test recording, if you haven't done that already! That's just to check that all your tech stuff is alright! You can find all the information you might need here! ;)

Btw. I'd pronounce M Maurien as Monsieur Maurien too, like Neeru suggested!! (Thanks so much, Neeru!) :)

Elli

LibriFoxy

Post by LibriFoxy »

I hate to see a book that looks this interesting with the few unclaimed chapters just sitting there....all lonely and un-read. ;)

I'd love to volunteer for Chapter 4 - Theo's Diary. I'm actually willing to take on 4, 5, and 6 to allow the book to be completed. It may take me a little longer, but I'm getting the hang of this recording thing. It's up to you!

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Rosie
Rosie in Boston

Coffee Break Collection 12 is up and looking for readers! Theme: The Performing Arts!
aravis

Post by aravis »

LibriFoxy wrote:I hate to see a book that looks this interesting with the few unclaimed chapters just sitting there....all lonely and un-read. ;)

I'd love to volunteer for Chapter 4 - Theo's Diary. I'm actually willing to take on 4, 5, and 6 to allow the book to be completed. It may take me a little longer, but I'm getting the hang of this recording thing. It's up to you!

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Rosie
Hi and welcome to Theo, Rosie!

Awesome, thanks so much!

Chapters 4-6 all all yours! Just take you time and have fun reading! :D

If you have any questions just post or PM me!

Elli

LibriFoxy

Post by LibriFoxy »

Here is chapter 4, Part I (section 6) - Theo's Diary. This was my first of a part of a chapter, so I hope I did the file and recorded the header and footer correctly!

Time: 11:26

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/theo_06_burnett.mp3

etext: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27990/27990-h/27990-h.htm
Rosie in Boston

Coffee Break Collection 12 is up and looking for readers! Theme: The Performing Arts!
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Rosie!!!

Thanks a lot!

I just had a short listeneing and the disclaimer at the beginning as well as at the end sound perfect... lovely reading btw. :D

Elli
Elli