[COMPLETE] Fox's Book of Martyrs 2 - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

bperiwinkle wrote:Tricia,
I will PL your 3 chapters. What is the level of listening. I didn't see it posted.
bp
So sorry :oops: I acted before I realized you were doing Tricia's own chapters. I'll post the window.

Thank you very much, bp.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

I would like to take section 06. I'm a first time contributor, so I will upload a test recording for review.

~Gus
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

ellocogato wrote:I would like to take section 06. I'm a first time contributor, so I will upload a test recording for review.

~Gus
welcome, gus! I look forward to your sample. When you post, let me know the forum name you want to use for the catlog.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

Sample recording at http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_ellocogato.mp3 . Feel free to comment on technique as well as technical correctness.

Please use ElLocoGato for catalog name.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

ellocogato - Your test is just fine! sorry for the delay in responding. I copied the link to my desk top for listening a few minutes later 3 different days, but when I got there to listen it wouldn't open and I couldn't remember which thread it was from. :oops: I finally noticed the system was copying the "." right after it along with rest - result, the dumb thing thought it was invavid.

Please go ahead and read the section you requested. I hope you volunteer for many more.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

I'm happy to continue to contribute. Should I claim one at a time, or go for a chunk? I believe I can produce at least one section per week.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 6 - ID tags missing, otherwise PL OK

ellocogato - I say go for a chunk, as much as you can get done in a month or so. :wink:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

I can fix the ID tags in the uploader. :)

Yes, feel free to claim a chunk! Things have been slow here for a while.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

Hmm, I'm confused about the tags. I just downloaded the file that I uploaded and Title, Artist, and Album are defined as requested. Is there a particular tag that is missing or incorrect?
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

OK, let me go ahead and claim sections 07, 08, and 09. If I get through those and 10-12 are still free, I'll claim those then.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

ellocogato wrote:Hmm, I'm confused about the tags. I just downloaded the file that I uploaded and Title, Artist, and Album are defined as requested. Is there a particular tag that is missing or incorrect?
OK, perhaps this is the issue. It seems that Audacity writes tags using ID3v2. So any app that only understands v1 will not see them. I don't know how to make it write the tags as ID3v1.
ellocogato

Post by ellocogato »

ellocogato wrote:
ellocogato wrote:Hmm, I'm confused about the tags. I just downloaded the file that I uploaded and Title, Artist, and Album are defined as requested. Is there a particular tag that is missing or incorrect?
OK, perhaps this is the issue. It seems that Audacity writes tags using ID3v2. So any app that only understands v1 will not see them. I don't know how to make it write the tags as ID3v1.
I hate to spam the thread with a conversation in which only I am involved, but I just noticed that the LibriVox technical specifications state that these should be ID3v2 tags, so that shouldn't be the issue.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't worry about the tags. They can be fixed at cataloguing.

I suppose it would be nice to figure out the problem, though!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

I'm glad you took the trouble!