COMPLETE: Ulysses, by James Joyce (special rules) - AF/hu

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've started the cataloguing progress - well, continued I should say, from where Kara left off. :) Files are now uploading to archive.org, fingers crossed that all goes well, if it does then this could be done in a couple of hours.

Update: Looking good! The 128kbps files have uploaded to archive and I'm just waiting to the derivation to complete to finish the LibriVox catalogue page. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

:clap: :clap: Wow!
I can't wait to see the completed version on the catalog!
Well, so, I have already downloaded the whole thing from the very first post on this thread and started listening to the first chapter.
Brilliant recording!!
An applause to all those who helped to accomplish this herculean task!! :clap:
This achievement will be a great news item for the Librivox Community Podcast. I download and listen to the podcast every week and I hope I can listen to the announcement and the celebration of the completion of Ulysses in the beginning of the show.
It is 22:23 KST here in Korea. Only two hours to go for the midnight of Bloomsday!!
Anyway, congratulations for completing the recording of the magnum opus of James Joyce!! I'll look for the completed audiobook on Archive.org.
Happy Bloomsday!!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

gesine/kara : how likely is it that we'll have this cataloged for tomorrow? I have a press release ready to go out today - but I don't want to send it if we won;t have a functioning catalog page.
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Hugh wrote:
gesine/kara : how likely is it that we'll have this cataloged for tomorrow? I have a press release ready to go out today - but I don't want to send it if we won;t have a functioning catalog page.
Yes, yes, I hope the functioning catalog for Ulysses can appear soon.
Gesine's post says the uploading of 128kbps mp3s is finished and only the derivation process is ongoing. I guess it will be finished shortly.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Gesine's post says the uploading of 128kbps mp3s is finished and only the derivation process is ongoing. I guess it will be finished shortly.
I must have missed the Update.... ;-)
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Just read the very first post on this thread and now I have a question.
On the first post, links to the completed files and the proof listening status of each of those files are available.
On the file for chapter 18, the proof listening status is as follows:
"Proof-listened by a.r.dobbs. OK but needs splitting into two files. Hugh to do."
Well, as I said on the previous post, I downloaded the whole book and checked the time length of each file and I think A.R.Dobs's comment of the very last file is perfectly right.
The time length of the file "ulysses18joyce" is 2:09:05 and I think most MP3 players would have problems dealing with lengthy and large files.
Did you splitted this file into two files as A.R.dobs indicated?
If not, is it too late to do the splitting?
I plan to burn an MP3 CD of Ulysses for my friend and she will copy the files from her computer and play it on her MP3 player.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

the links in the magic window are not the live links. they are the old ones.

translation: 18 is split.
rita1075

Post by rita1075 »

Hugh wrote: translation: 18 is split.
Glad to hear that.
I will be waiting for the completed version being cataloged.
Plans to burn MP3 CDs of this recording and give them to my classmates as soon as this book is cataloged and finish downloading all the files.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

hugh wrote:erm point was: we need to get this puppy out tomorrow... but if it's 48 hrs to get it cataloged that means we'll miss bloomsday.
no, I was just moaning about the absurd slowness of my recent Internet

your point about not editing came at the very end of all the unexpectedly still necessary editing in the last bits of thought-that-was-done stuff

despite my internet connection and the jinx that eats finished files and crashes Audacity,
and because of the un-able-to-express-in-mere-words-how-wonderful help of Gesine and Gesine and Gesine and Stephan and annelika and Caet and Max and Anna in this last straggling week of think-I-can-finish-this-in-another-day work ... Circe is complete in time for Bloomsday
Anita
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

now we<ll just have to hope that archive will derive the files in time.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

It's done!!

This book is now complete and can be downloaded from the LibriVox catalogue: http://librivox.org/ulysses-by-james-joyce/
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hooray!!!! Thank you for cataloging, Gesine :)

Hugh, release that press release. I want to see this on boingboing tomorrow!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

It's been a pleasure. I was worried that the V might cause probs because I couldn't edit these filenames... then I was so relieved when the upload was scheduled okay... then I was even more relieved when I got the archive email that the page had been created... then I was worried when derivation took so long... but all's well! :D

Happy Bloomsday, and Happy Birthday, Hugh! (tomorrow, that is.)
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

Congratulations all. This will be remembered as a special libri event.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

* * * Gesine * * *

- - Image - Image- Image - -

[so many people have contributed so much to this Ulysses 15 project, but from the outset, Gesine has been the completely outstanding couldn't-even-possibly-have-done-it-without-you force and has clearly just helped my name escape a few shit lists]
Anita