COMPLETE: A Diary from Dixie by Mary Chesnut -law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Hi, Laurie Anne,

I think this is a great book & you're doing a wonderful job. However, due to Real Life & my health worsening (I'm severely anemic, I recently found out, & am on iron tablets & folic acid, but I'm also having more pain than usual & am also on prednisone right now), it'd be better for you to find another PL'er.

I have an almost impossible time concentrating on much of anything lately due to my intense fatigue and pain. For me, the more I can sleep, the better. I'm also having a lot of night sweats & hot flashes, not to mention fever due to way too much inflammation in my body. I'm not complaining; just giving you my reason. I'm going to have to give up all my PL projects; I'm just not reliable right now . . . & I'm much too slow.

I'm also focusing on our 15-yr-old Chihuahua Paco, who was just diagnosed with a grade 3 heart murmur (it goes up to grade 6), & so he's now also on medication for congestive heart failure, & also has some sort of skin problem--he's lost a LOT of his beautiful hair-- :( that he's getting a med for too. Thankfully he's still playing some every day here on the bed beside me, & his meds seem to be helping. Whew! But eventually the CHF will win; that's just how it is with toy dogs a lot of the time. As long as he's playing & having a good quality of life, he'll stay with us. Just as Chi-Chi did in 2006, I'm sure he'll let us know when it's time to let go (or he'll just go).

Sorry, didn't mean to talk so much. I need to let others know that I just can't PL now. I don't want to hold books up & I know there are other people who are much faster at PL'ing than I am & eager to do it. I've enjoyed the book & at some point will probably listen to the rest of it after it's finished. :)

Thank you for your understanding & I apologize. Have a good week!

Joy :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Would you like me to finish PLing this for you Laurie Anne?

Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Oh, Joy, I hope you feel better soon and that your treatments will give you some relief! I also hope Paco will stay content and comfortable for as long as possible. Don't worry a bit about the PL'ing, you have done a great job and I think you are very wise to let someone else continue so that it doesn't become a burden for you. Take care of yourself, and I'll see you around the forum whenever you can be here!

edit: PM'ing you, Anne!
Laurie Anne
Bear Creek Mama

Post by Bear Creek Mama »

18 & 19 are good to go, Laurie Anne. I'll get a few more listened to tomorrow. :)
Bear Creek Mama

20, 21 & 22 are all PL OK!! :)
Bear Creek Mama

And another one for today...23 is OK!!
Bear Creek Mama

24 is OK!! :)

I know you will see this when you get it in the validator, but just a heads-up that the IDtag is missing Richmond, VA.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

27 is ready. Yeah, I got tired of typing the ID tags twice, so they won't all be complete on the files. I'll be moving them over straight from the MW when I catalog anyway. Thanks so much for listening, Laura!
Laurie Anne
Bear Creek Mama

It's my pleasure, Laurie Anne!! I was hoping to get one or two more done today but I ended up being gone longer than expected. I've got the latest one downloaded. :)
Bear Creek Mama

25 is OK!! :)
Bear Creek Mama

26 is good to go!
Bear Creek Mama

27 is OK!!

I got tickled at this: "Sam, the wounded knight, asked Brewster what are the symptoms of a man's being in love...... Brewster spoke on the symptoms of love: "When you see her, your breath is apt to come short. If it amounts to mild strangulation, you have got it bad." :lol:

And with that I have now caught up to you. :D
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

28 is up.

The annoying thing about this book is that half the time I have no idea what she is talking about :lol:
I have forgotten her way of showing Savonarola as completely as I always do forget Bulwer's Rienzi.
I guess I ought to be looking all these things up (or reading them myself) in order to advance my own education. Just goes to show how much cultural references change in a century.
Laurie Anne
Bear Creek Mama

chocoholic wrote:The annoying thing about this book is that half the time I have no idea what she is talking about :lol:
Well, you read it like you knew what she was talking about. And btw, I don't know what she's talking about either. :lol:

28 is PL OK!! :)
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

29 is ready.
Laurie Anne