COMPLETE: [RELIGION] St Irenaeus Against Heresies - le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
The Jacobin

Post by The Jacobin »

JoeD

Post by JoeD »

The Jacobin wrote:Section 26
Duration 30:15
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/againstheresies_26_robertsrambaut.mp3
David Nash
Thanks for the recording David..!!
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

David, Sec 26 is just fine!
hearhis

Post by hearhis »

I'd like to jump in with section 39 and 40.
Thanks,
HearHis
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

hearhis wrote:I'd like to jump in with section 39 and 40.
Thanks,
HearHis
Hello HearHis. Sections 39 and 40 are all yours!!
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

I request to be assigned Chapter 31. Sorry to cherry pick something very short, but this will be my first Librivox reading, so I'd like to start with a short one and work up!

The chapter is so short, I thought I would record the whole thing as a test recording and let the commentators tell me of my (no doubt numerous) faults.

Please enter my catalog name as David Cole.
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

Obviously, I should not post messages late at night!

My previous post was unclear. I wish to claim Section 13, Book 1, Chapter 31.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Shipley wrote:Obviously, I should not post messages late at night!

My previous post was unclear. I wish to claim Section 13, Book 1, Chapter 31.
Hi David - section 13 is all yours..!!

Your strategy to make your first recording a short one, is a good one. But I will also suggest that before you even do that, you try submitting a short (10 sec) test recording - just to make sure you have all your technical bugs worked out first.

Welcome to Librivox, and I look forward to hearing your recording..!!
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

I just assigned myself sections 08, 11 and 12.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Joe - Sec 4 is just fine! :)
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sec 5 is just fine! :)
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

Dear JoeD:

Section 13 has been uploaded 5:59, 5.75 mB, at:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/againstheresies_13_robertsrambaut.mp3

It was accidentally uploaded twice, since I managed to lose the URL the first time (no doubt a classic newbie mistake)! The two files are identical so please delete the superfluous one.

I did not follow literally your suggestion of doing a short extract as a test piece first, because after signing up for this chapter I contributed a very short (65 second) piece to the "Dialects and Accents Collection Volume 1", cross-posting this to the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum as a test piece, and receiving several helpful comments.

In the middle of Paragraph 3 of this Chapter, the reading "drawn" is deliberate; the text you prepared reads "drown" which appears to make no sense in context and to be an obvious scanning error. Obviously, if you consider your original is correct, I will re-record.

I note from the various recordings already on file that there does not seem to be a uniform pronunciation of "Irenaeus". On the assumption that this is a Latinized form, I have pronounced in "IR-N-EYE-US" following the classical Latin I learned a very long time ago. Again, if you consider this incorrect, I shall be pleased to re-record.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Thanks for your recording Shipley..!!
Shipley wrote:
In the middle of Paragraph 3 of this Chapter, the reading "drawn" is deliberate; the text you prepared reads "drown" which appears to make no sense in context and to be an obvious scanning error.
Good eye, Shipley - I checked my copy off archive.org, and you are indeed correct. I downloaded the whole book in pdf format because all too often there are scanning errors just like what you found.
I note from the various recordings already on file that there does not seem to be a uniform pronunciation of "Irenaeus". On the assumption that this is a Latinized form, I have pronounced in "IR-N-EYE-US" following the classical Latin I learned a very long time ago. Again, if you consider this incorrect, I shall be pleased to re-record.
Interesting! Well, considering I have had no Latin courses, and am just winging it with the pronounciations, I am sure you know better than I. I spent some time researching the pronouciation of the translator (Rombaut), so you'd think I would spend some time on the actual author..!! If I was being a stickler though, it looks to me like the Greek is pronounced something closer to "Eye-ren-NEYE-ohs", where I actually pronouce it like my old professor did - "Eye-ren-NAY-us". :?

Thanks again for the recording, Shipley..!!