COMPLETE: [RELIGION] St Irenaeus Against Heresies - le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Downloading!
AppalachianSage

Post by AppalachianSage »

This is my FIRST recording. I hope this reply goes to the right person. That would be "Joe"

I would like to read Section 47.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

AppalachianSage wrote:This is my FIRST recording. I hope this reply goes to the right person. That would be "Joe"

I would like to read Section 47.
Hey Joe, wecome to Librivox. I am away from my computer for a few days - typing this in from the library - consider section 47 yours, but I won't be able to update the magic window until I get back to my own computer (where I have stored all my passcodes :wink: )

A good idea for you since this is your first recording, is to submit a short, 10 sec or so, test recording here, just so you can figure out how to record, edit and submit, and get the kinks worked out.
AppalachianSage

Post by AppalachianSage »

JoeD wrote:
I am away from my computer for a few days - typing this in from the library - consider section 47 yours, but I won't be able to update the magic window until I get back to my own computer (where I have stored all my passcodes :wink: )

A good idea for you since this is your first recording, is to submit a short, 10 sec or so, test recording here, just so you can figure out how to record, edit and submit, and get the kinks worked out.
Did a recording last night and posted it in the "introduce yourself here" forum. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_appalachiansage.mp3
Check it for yourself.
AppalachianSage
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

AppalachianSage wrote:
Did a recording last night and posted it in the "introduce yourself here" forum. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_appalachiansage.mp3
Check it for yourself.
AppalachianSage
Hey Mr Sage, your test recording is perfect..!! Go ahead and claim whatever you wish and start recording..!!

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner - I had a bit of a family emergency that needed tending to.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Kristine, your section is fine, and Joe, all your sections are fine through Sec 41. :)
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

Section 43:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kb/againstheresies_43_robertsrambaut.mp3

21.7Mb, 23:45

So far, book 4 has been very difficult for me to read, but I hope it does not show too much in the recording. I think by the time ol' Irenaeus got to writting Book 4 he was running out of steam - Book 4 is so far, *horribly* written..!! It makes reading a real drag. :|
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

jennydisini wrote:Hi, Im jenny. I'd like to volunteer for this project. (Am a newbie)

I'll record a voice sample soon and send it to off to you as soon as i can.
my email address is jennydisini@gmail.com

thanks!
Hi Jenny - glad to have you on board..!!

Go ahead and post your voice sample here when you are able. That way you can get all the logistics down of how to post submit your recordings - oh, and let me know which sections you would like to volunteer for..!! :D
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

jennydisini wrote:Gee. I did about 25 recordings and i sound terrible. Dead delivery, no clarity in diction.

I still can't believe it. (I LOVE english literature, american plays, how could this happen to me?!!!)

i'm so sorry i can't make any recordings for librivox. :(
Oh jenny, don't be so hard on yourself - I'm not exactly Mr Golden Tones either..!! :lol: :lol:

I was very rusty when I first started, but you get better with practice. Why not volunteer for one easy section and see how it goes from there??
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

jennydisini wrote:
yes! i'd love to do a section.
(And i'd like feedback too, please)

jenny
What section do you want? Select one so I can put your name in the magic window.
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

jennydisini wrote:chapter 34 thru 35 book four. thanks!!!
Section 50, Book 4, Chapters 34-35 is all yours!!