[COMPLETE] Hypatia by Charles Kingsley - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Momerath

Post by Momerath »

When recording this chapter I felt self-conscious about not being a trained skald. :^) …but it wasn't as embarassing when I edited it.
Ada, Swineherd & Webmaster for phoenixfarm.org
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi
Ada, there is some background noise in the first 30 seconds or so, maybe some noise cleaning might help that. Information about noise cleaning can be found on the first page of this post. Otherwise, this section will be PL OK.
Linda Andrus
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Ada
I've had a listen and am uploading a slightly modified version which we can use
Your wasn't bad - just a bit of extra noise at the beginning , but you improved as you went . Overall it was a nice reading - you were a bit nervous at first but you got it under control well.

So these comments are for next time - I'm happy to accept this one as is :D .
There is a bit of page turning - always a problem. You can arrange the text with a break at the end of the page rather than the middle of the sentence or hit pause, turn the page and then continue, or read off the screen or an iPad or something if you have one.
There were a few 'plosives in the first 30 secs - but not after - if you didn't work out what to do , moving the microphone slightly will keep the volume but make the air puff go past the mic not into it.
Looking forward to your next recording :D

And now to cataloguing :thumbs:

Anne
Momerath

Post by Momerath »

Thanks for the comments and the editing. I was actually using my laptop's built-in mike cause it's new and didn't recognize my USB mike. As to page turning, I am handicapped by being on dial-up (on a different computer!) but I can download the text on a wifi run next time (as I actually did for the chapter I just signed up for).

Ada
Ada, Swineherd & Webmaster for phoenixfarm.org
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi
What I do in all cases is take the online text - either from google link or the full ebook on line , and copy and paste it into something - notepad, word processor whatever and save that and read from it . I can add things like how to say places and names I don't know and check out any odd sentences so I know where to pause etc - I used to print it then , but now I tend to read it online with Audacity open - there are all sorts of ways if you have some other text reading device though.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

After a somewhat long journey we are there :D . Thank you Linda , and thank you all readers.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/hypatia-by-charles-kingsley/
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap: