[COMPLETE] Short Ghost and Horror Story Collection 002

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Mooseboy, thanks for your understanding on Three Skeleton Key. Sorry 'bout that! Also, Steampunk(Jim) is right: if you'd be so kind as to read from the gutenberg version, then we'd know everything is A-OK. If the recording ends up being a lot more than 60 minutes, you can always submit it as a solo project and break it into two files. :)

nyarlathotep, sounds fine. I see that there's a version available over at horrormasters.com: http://www.horrormasters.com/Text/a0611.pdf . If you could read from that text, that'd be great. Enjoy! (Out of curiosity... was Blue Magazine back in 1907 related to the Blue Magazine that exists now? I must admit I was a little startled when I googled Blue Magazine and followed the top link...)

-Catharine
pdw

Post by pdw »

nyarlathotep wrote:I would like to read "The Voice in the Night"
by William Hope Hodgson
(1877-1918)

from The Blue Magazine (1907-nov)

If it is alright.
<Sigh> Now I have to find another Hodgson.
Or record it for another collection.
Bummer.
nyarlathotep

Post by nyarlathotep »

Sorry pdw.

I first read this story as a child and it scared the bejeebers out of me.

I think it was actually published in The Blue Book Magazine.

I'll begin recording it soon.
pdw

Post by pdw »

nyarlathotep wrote:Sorry pdw.

I first read this story as a child and it scared the bejeebers out of me.

I think it was actually published in The Blue Book Magazine.

I'll begin recording it soon.
S'ok. I've decided to record A Tropical Horror instead. Thought I'll prolly still record Voice in the night for another collection. As the saying goes around here, can't have too many versions of a story.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

pdw,You can even have multiple renditions of the same story in a collection (unless the BC says you can't) - If you want to read it too, whoever's version comes in first will be noted as version 1, and the other will be version 2. *shrug* Or you can just wait till the next collection starts, it's all one to me.

Timothy Ferguson, thanks very much for your recording! Initial check is fine, and I'll listen to the whole thing soon. :)

-Catharine
pdw

Post by pdw »

ceastman wrote:pdw,You can even have multiple renditions of the same story in a collection (unless the BC says you can't) - If you want to read it too, whoever's version comes in first will be noted as version 1, and the other will be version 2. *shrug* Or you can just wait till the next collection starts, it's all one to me.

Timothy Ferguson, thanks very much for your recording! Initial check is fine, and I'll listen to the whole thing soon. :)

-Catharine
I've already started Tropical Horror so I'll prolly save the other for the next one. And I was not aware of that 'double story' thing... Have to try that next time. :wink:
rissielittle

Post by rissielittle »

I found this collection of 3 very short stories on horrormasters.com (the link is http://www.horrormasters.com/Text/a0933.pdf) and I was wondering if I wanted to record them, should I put them together under the heading of Irish Witch Tales or record them as three separate stories?

Also how do you record something that has a dash in it ("In the year 17--")?
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Timothy Ferguson, I listened to your recording today - what a neat piece! It's perfect except for one small thing: I need to have the title and author mentioned again after "Read by Timothy Ferguson" near the beginning. (I can copy and paste your initial statement, if you like.) I hope you'll read more for us, it was a pleasure to listen to. :)

rissielittle, good question! Ummm... I would suggest you do one of two things: either submit them all as individual stories to this collection, or put together a small solo project of the whole thing (you could then either break the stories up into three little files, or keep it one big one - whatever you wanted; solo projects are pretty flexible).

-Catharine
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

ceastman wrote:Timothy Ferguson, I listened to your recording today - what a neat piece! It's perfect except for one small thing: I need to have the title and author mentioned again after "Read by Timothy Ferguson" near the beginning. (I can copy and paste your initial statement, if you like.) I hope you'll read more for us, it was a pleasure to listen to. :)

-Catharine
Please just repair it with a copy and paste. Thanks.

I am reading some other stuff as a solo, but if I think of anything horrorish, I'll be back. I love "Letter to Sura" because it seems to be the earliest example of a ghost of the "chain rattling" kind. I also like that phiosopher going "Yeah...just wait a sec...writing here..." 8-)

Perhaps "The Turnip Field", in I can find a PD source...
rissielittle

Post by rissielittle »

ceastman

Post by ceastman »

rissielittle, thanks much! I'll get these listened to soon. :)

Almost full up! This collection can take one more recording, and then it'll be set for edits and cataloging.

-Catharine
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

rissielittle, another nice pair of recordings! I noticed that the 'title' for The Evil Eye is listed as The Lady Witch; just double-check your title next time. I can fix this one at cataloging time, no problem. :)

-Catharine
JWMcCalvin

Post by JWMcCalvin »

Submitted for your consideration:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ce/ghohor002_oldportrait_nisbet_jwm.mp3
About 12 minutes' duration

"The Old Portrait," by Hugh Nisbet
With text at
http://www.horrormasters.com/Text/a0565.pdf

If someone's previous recording has been submitted and is being processed, feel free to reserve this one for a later anthology.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

JWMcCalvin, thanks for your submission! I'll listen to it soon. :)

That closes this collection. It will be cataloged soon. If you have other stories you want to submit, the next collection has started here!

-Catharine