[Complete] The Brothers Karamazov by F. Dostoyevsky - ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
writerboyontour

Post by writerboyontour »

I would like to do parts 59 and 60

I am brand spanking new to this, but want to try to read part of my favorite book.

Please let me know if/when I may help
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello rjhargrav,
thank you so much for your chapter and I marked you name down in our catalogue. I hope you will do a lot of recordings for us. :D

And hello writerboyontour,
welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! I'm glad that you like this book and I'm more than happy that you decided to participate.
I marked you down for sections 59 and 60 (Book 9, Chapter 6 and 7). I hope you have fun with your recording.
I know that it seems to be complicated all around here, but the important issues are written in the first post of this thread.
Furthermore, here are some tips for new volunteers. It explains how to record and all the other processes here
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
However, if you have any more questions, just ask.
Just one more question from my side: how you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be either your forum name, a pseudonym or your real name (just as you like it).

Greetings,
Rainer :D
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
Bob Sherman

Post by Bob Sherman »

Hi. Just an update to say that, even though I haven't been in touch for a while, I will still be reading sections 56 and 73. Thanks for your patience.

Bob
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Bob,
thanks for the update. I'm so glad that you are still planning to record your chapters. Take the time you need. As long as I know that you are going to record the sections, I'm happy. :D

Rainer
rjhargrav

Post by rjhargrav »

May I take Section 54?
raynr

Post by raynr »

Of course, section 54 is yours!
Thanks for taking on another chapter, rjhargrav. :D
writerboyontour

Post by writerboyontour »

I recorded and uploaded part 59, but I accidentally uploaded it and labeled it as part 60. (It is chapter 6, but labeled as chapter 7) Is there a way you can change it to make sure it is included in the correct order or not replaced? If not, I can change everything and re-upload it with the new information?

Also, since this is my first time, is there a way to decide if the quality is appropriate...in short, is it good enough? I would be happy to try again if it is not satisfactory.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello writerboyontour,

thank you so much for your recording! Don't worry about the mislabeling. It's no problem to change that.
(But just a note to everyone: don't take this as an excuse to stop labeling your chapters - if there are too many without or with wrong tags, I'll get confused :wink:)

I took a quick listen to your reading. It's really good. You have a nice reading voice and the technical quality is perfect. So don't worry! I'm glad I have you in this project and I'm eagerly waiting for your second chapter.
However, there will be a detailed prooflistening step to see if you perhaps forgot to edit a stumble or something like that. I might come back to you in this case.

Greetings,
perpetualdreamworld

Post by perpetualdreamworld »

Hi Rainer!

I'd like to claim section 52, please!
This will be my first time recording a work so I'd like to go by the name perpetualdreamworld like my username.

Thanks!

Pd
You can call me P.D. for short.

A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle. ~Kahlil Gibran
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello perpetualdreamworld,

welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! Section 52 (Book 8, Chapter 7) is yours. I hope you have fun with recording.
You obviously already read some info on recording. However, just to be sure I want to give you the tip to carefully read the first post and to provide you with the link to our wiki:
But if you have any questions, just ask.

Thank you again,

Twedge350

Post by Twedge350 »

Please disregard my comments viz: 45. Though I was unassigned, I am no longer able to do this section. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Trevor
raynr

Post by raynr »

No problem, I hope you will record something for us in the future when you have time again! :D
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I've been gone for so long from this site as the outside life has moved me across the globe and kept me extremely busy. However I'll have time tonight. . . Can I take 45 - Book 7, Chapter 4 - Cana of Galilee?
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Bookworm]My Wiki Page[/url]
[img]http://services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/ATiRvGvUu9XAqsH9wTSeVuc%3D/yWAgfXI%3D/R01haWw%3D/0/image.png[/img]
perpetualdreamworld

Post by perpetualdreamworld »

Raynr,

Should I speak the textual notes on pronunciation when I'm reading, or just ignore them?

pd

raynr wrote:Hello perpetualdreamworld,

welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! Section 52 (Book 8, Chapter 7) is yours. I hope you have fun with recording.
You obviously already read some info on recording. However, just to be sure I want to give you the tip to carefully read the first post and to provide you with the link to our wiki:
But if you have any questions, just ask.

Thank you again,

You can call me P.D. for short.

A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle. ~Kahlil Gibran
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Bookworm,
it's great to hear from you again. Section 45 (Book 7, Chapter 4) is yours. Thanks for volunteering! :D

And hello P.D.,
I'd say: ignore the explanations, speak the translations. To be specific: As far as I see there are two translator's notes:
(Translator's note: Pan and Panie mean Mr. in Polish. Pani means Mrs., Panovie, gentlemen.)
I don't think that's important, but the translation after the French phrase is useful. You can say:

Ci-git Piron qui ne fut rien,
Pas meme academicien,
[short pause] Here lies Piron, who was nothing, not even an Academician. [short pause] continue with text.

The reader will know that this is the translation, but is not distracted from the text.
I hope that helped,

Rainer