THIS PROJECT IS COMPLETE AND CAN NOW BE FOUND HERE:
Click here to be notified by email when this book is complete!
This is an open collection of poems for the month of January 2009. When this month is over, another one will be started.
- How to record a poem - Initial Guidelines:
• All poems read must be in the public domain (that is, not copyrighted).
• You do not have to "sign-up" to submit a poem; as long as it's clearly in the public domain, just start recording!
• There is a limit of 2 poems per person per collection.
• Poems can be as short as you like, but not longer than 30 minutes (approximately 5000 words).
• To see what's been recorded already, you can search the LibriVox Catalog - but remember that we welcome multiple versions!
- Find a public domain poem:
• The Poets' Corner is a great resource for public domain poetry. Other sources to try are Bartleby and Project Gutenberg.
• You may use other websites if you like, but we will have to check them to make sure they are not copyrighted.
• See this page for more info on copyrights. You can always ask me in this thread if you're not sure whether a poem is public domain.
- BEFORE recording:
• If you are new to LibriVox, please check the Recording Notes thread first.
• If this is your first time recording, you'll find this useful as well: The Newbie Guide to Recording.
• Set your recording software to:
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz (44100 Hz)
Channels: 1 (Mono)
- DURING recording:
• At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
"[Poem title], by [author], read for LibriVox.org by [your name]" or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
• Then read the poem.
• At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave a few seconds of silence.
• No recordings can be accepted without the LibriVox disclaimer.
- AFTER recording:
• Add these ID3 tags:
(If you're not sure how to add ID3 tags, please visit this page: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToAddOrEditID3Tags)
Title: Poem Title (e.g. The Road Not Taken)
Artist: Author Name (e.g. Robert Frost)
Album: LibriVox Short Poetry 075
(You can put "Recorded by [your name]" in the comments section if you wish)
• Save file as:
[poem's title]_[author's last name]_[your initials].mp3
Put file name all in lowercase, and the title all in one word (no leading articles - the, a, an, and NO SPACES):
When submitting, please follow this template:Poem by Author (BIRTH - DEATH)
- Upload your completed recording:
• Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: JC
• When your upload is complete, you will receive a link. Please click "Post Reply" at the top left of this thread, and post the link there.
• Also post the following information:
- The title and author of the poem.
- A link to the poem's text online (Poets' Corner, Bartleby, Gutenberg, etc.) so it can be verified as public domain.
- The length of your recording in minutes.
- If this is your first recording for LibriVox, please give us your name as you'd like it to appear in the catalog (that is, either your real name or some pseudonym). Also let us know if you have a personal URL you'd like to list (e.g. a personal blog).
Poems submitted to this collection so far:
Please post below or PM me.